Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Damage calc i made, to make it alot easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheep View Post
    believe it or not, someone asked me to. T_T so i thought, why not?
    Newbies also create the same topics hundreds of times over in things like "Where does rol +2 drop?" Does that mean we should go over the same discussion all over again, posting all of the justifications, links and everything else? No, just do what everyone else does and direct them to the search button --> or post a link to another forum that has what they're looking for and call it a day. I don't fault you now for this because its a new forum and recovering information is hard but there are at least 2 more advanced calculators around that have already been referenced.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LastHour View Post
    Newbies also create the same topics hundreds of times over in things like "Where does rol +2 drop?" Does that mean we should go over the same discussion all over again, posting all of the justifications, links and everything else? No, just do what everyone else does and direct them to the search button --> or post a link to another forum that has what they're looking for and call it a day. I don't fault you now for this because its a new forum and recovering information is hard but there are at least 2 more advanced calculators around that have already been referenced.
    i saw the other 2 and it had so much junk written everywhere, it was just confusing and ugly. mine's just so nice and easy. put the info in and it does the rest.
    btw, how do you know the person who asked is a noob? nice assumption.
    just because someone is trying to do something for the good of the community doesnt mean you need to go flaming everyone's posts.

i saw the other 2 and it had so much junk written everywhere, it was just confusing and ugly. mine's just so nice and easy. put the info in and it does the rest.
    btw, how do you know the person who asked is a noob? nice assumption.
    just because someone is trying to do something for the good of the community doesnt mean you need to go flaming everyone's posts.
    http://forum.cabal.com/showthread.ph...or-by-LastHour

find out for yourself what a real damage calc is like ^

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by viciousfight View Post
    http://forum.cabal.com/showthread.ph...or-by-LastHour

find out for yourself what a real damage calc is like ^
    The combo tester is wrong because he didnt take into consideration that skills have a much shorter cast time in combo thatn they normally do. he also didnt mention anything about 10% damage added from a "good" combo, and 20% from getting "excellent."

What do you mean by "real" calculator? look, mines meant to be short and simple >_> no need to start raging at me because mine doesnt have every tiny detail that is soooooo important >_>

it was made to be simple, and it serves such purposes.

Osmium
    Made by a Sheepy =D

The combo tester is wrong because he didnt take into consideration that skills have a much shorter cast time in combo thatn they normally do. he also didnt mention anything about 10% damage added from a "good" combo, and 20% from getting "excellent."

What do you mean by "real" calculator? look, mines meant to be short and simple >_> no need to start raging at me because mine doesnt have every tiny detail that is soooooo important >_>

it was made to be simple, and it serves such purposes.
    I did take the combo page into consideration with cast times. Note it labels above on that page "Combo 1 DPS" and so forth. The user inputs the DPS from their char sheet in so all units are already in damage per second as the calculator would normally list it as. With them all having the same unit there is no reason you wouldn't be able to add them, its just like adding 2 apples to 2 apples as an example.

As far as the combo bonuses I stated in the guide that it would do more damage, didn't feel like putting that feature in for the page no one really uses. Noted though, maybe I'll change it in a later update to account for it if anyone else also agrees.

Banned
    tl;dr

o.o

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by WIpwns View Post
    tl;dr

o.o
    agreed

agreed
    Pathetic how you think he's trolling you. I suppose I shouldn't expect more from someone who thinks "tl;dr" is an ample rebuttal to a sound argument.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12