Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are Botters Good for our economy?

Quote Originally Posted by PSBeardy View Post
    I would say using those same arguments then Alz buyers are just as good for the economy, they buy our epic drops, they keep the auction house flowing and most of all they employee the botters. See logic is fun.
    Actually your logic is fail. People that buy alz buy jack up the prices of everything preventing the rest of us from getting items. Farmbots work the opposite way by making items more affordable.

I bought a year supply of 50k EODB1F one summer.

That took me forever to use up...

And now they're overpriced =_=
    <Templar>
    Hakuteiken - FB: 17X || Heartilly - Wiz:18X

Quote Originally Posted by Berserk_Fury View Post
    Actually your logic is fail. People that buy alz buy jack up the prices of everything preventing the rest of us from getting items. Farmbots work the opposite way by making items more affordable.
    No as the increased price benifits you as well, you get more for your items sold, its actually a zero sum game as far as inflation goes alz buyers would help more them botters if inflation was your concern. "Economists generally agree that high rates of inflation and hyperinflation are caused by an excessive growth of the money supply." This would be the fault of botters who are farming the alz. More money equals less value or artificially high prices of goods and services. the Alz buyers buy up these surpluses in alz and dump them on your goods which keeps the economy moving and consequently keeps the botters employed.

Quote Originally Posted by PSBeardy View Post
    No as the increased price benifits you as well, you get more for your items sold, its actually a zero sum game as far as inflation goes alz buyers would help more them botters if inflation was your concern. "Economists generally agree that high rates of inflation and hyperinflation are caused by an excessive growth of the money supply." This would be the fault of botters who are farming the alz. More money equals less value or artificially high prices of goods and services. the Alz buyers buy up these surpluses in alz and dump them on your goods which keeps the economy moving and consequently keeps the botters employed.
    While it is true that alz buyers are keeping the botters going, it is not true that the alz buyers are helping the players. Sure they might buy that forcium amp drop you get for 3x the value, but what is the point of having that money if another alz buyer would just outbid you on anything that you try to get?

Quote Originally Posted by LaRazz View Post
    Well, personaly I am a huge farmer. Always running some kind of a dungon or out seeking crafting mats. However, all this is getting harder. We see LID =500k / EOD = 2m (People looking for the ring)
    SOD= 4m each. To just name a few... And once you hit 100+ the game becomes largely based upon dungons. So that leads me to my point! Are botters really good for our economy?

Discuss!

Positives - They bring down prices on dungons and what not, and bring in some epic items to our game.

Negitives - They support alz buyers and if you buy alz...well thats just lame....

*Note - Not trying to upset anyone, just food for though ^^
    I don't know how positives is they bring down prices...

Those botters helped me with basic crafting materials tbh ~

-- Indomie enak --

i never really cared but bots are here there here thats all i got to say.

i like normal bots o.o u..... (well my secret)

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastWarrior View Post
    I don't know how positives is they bring down prices...
    Thats it though,

4m for a SOD means you need at least 4 UCH just to break even.
    It happens, but still there is more room for you to make alz with a lower dungon entry cost.
    Know what I mean?

*Removed by GM. Please reduce the size of the image*

It is in this instance a zero sum game.....less botters things would actually be much more expensive as all items would be rarer. This is not a true economy but I can say that if botters and alz buyers went away you would see little to no change as there is no zero level or minimum income in game you need to survive.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12