Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I make Sigs sun

Quote Originally Posted by inkeh View Post
    Too large, too messy, and too much anime =/
    I love constructive criticism, but this ^ doesn't help me improve or alter my style to suit the needs of a larger crowd of people. And these signatures are actually a crap load of layers with everything controlled very specifically. I don't just slam random junk in photoshop and go "Derp, I is pro sig maker." It actually takes alot of erasing, blurring, smudging, undoing, redoing, overlaying and stuff to get what I've made, at least for the first sig I posted that's overly colorful since I made that background from scratch.

So yeah, there aren't any 'spammed' effects.

Oh yeah, an edit: Be amazed, Nex only uses 1 or 2 effects in photoshop! >_>
    Last edited by Nex; 04-29-2010 at 08:59 AM. Reason: Edited because I know how to Edit instead of double or triple posting

Signature by me; Who else do you think made it?

Banned
    seems like color contrast is one of them seeing as its pretty obvious in the first and 4th sig

Nex IS alive. :O. Do you mind giving me the pictures you used in your second and 3rd siggy? I think those are the ones; the one with the schoolgirl and the witch? <3 you if you do.

Retired from Cabal

Quote Originally Posted by Nex View Post
    I love constructive criticism, but this ^ doesn't help me improve or alter my style to suit the needs of a larger crowd of people. And these signatures are actually a crap load of layers with everything controlled very specifically. I don't just slam random junk in photoshop and go "Derp, I is pro sig maker." It actually takes alot of erasing, blurring, smudging, undoing, redoing, overlaying and stuff to get what I've made, at least for the first sig I posted that's overly colorful since I made that background from scratch.

So yeah, there aren't any 'spammed' effects.

Oh yeah, an edit: Be amazed, Nex only uses 1 or 2 effects in photoshop! >_>
    It's a good summary of my general opinion on them. I know it takes a lot of effects but that's what it looks like to me, at least. My eyes don't see the same thing that yours do, so I'm just telling you what I think from my standpoint. I apologize if I sounded rather rude or arrogant but I'd rather skip all the sugar-coating and get straight to the point. If you want me to give specifics, here goes: your text placement needs to be adjusted; placing your text on corners is somewhat amateurish and pretty much ruins sigs in most cases. Your use of fill-ins needs to be a bit more discreet since it seems like you just cover the entire page with it - especially since you use the same color, which brings me to my next point: your sigs are too monotonous. You need to play around with colors to help people focus on a specific area of the sig - your focal. Also, the lighting in your sigs are either bad, non-existent, too bright, or placed in awkward position/sources. There's a few more things about them that bother me but the aforementioned ones are pretty much my main concern.

Btw, I was never a fan of anime sigs. They're nice and fun to make once in a while but really not my first choice.

There you go.

tag by inkeh

Quote Originally Posted by Suzaku0 View Post
    Nex IS alive. :O. Do you mind giving me the pictures you used in your second and 3rd siggy? I think those are the ones; the one with the schoolgirl and the witch? <3 you if you do.
    Yep, I'm alive. Just takes me forever to get around to checking back to this thread. And those pictures were hard to find cuz they're original artworks not connected to any anime/manga directly. The witch is actually a girl wearing Gundam Deathscythes armor, rofl; and toting Gundam Deathscythes weapon.

As for inkeh, you weren't rude sir. But I can say your first post was fux lazy. Thankyou for being more descriptive and the funny thing is: I get that alot. My focal points end up becoming obscure or there was never one to begin with because I have a bad habit of trying to paint a scene. So I really don't call myself an artist any more because of that. As for anime sigs? I don't do those, I just use certain art styles I like and like I just told Suzaku: they are original works not connected to any anime/manga directly; it's just an artstyle I like and tend to use in my signatures.

Anyway, I finally remembered what inspired me to do multi color images: stained glass; that sht is awesome. <_<
    http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/6001/zrssbanner.jpg
    Banner that I made for a proboards site; too huge to add IMG tags and I'm not a fan of page stretching.

And before I forget: http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/653...81176a3668.jpg
    You'll probably like that one if you liked the other two cuz it's a girl dressed down in Wing Zero's armor + has a cool insignia. The two you're after I'm not too fond of sharing, took me hours upon hours of searching to find em.

P.S: Sig gallery updated; also I got that invitation to the Children of Art group. Still thinkin on it.

This signature is old; I mean OLD. I'm talking possibly 4 - 5 years ago old. And yes it's suppose to look trashy as hell/distorted/makes no sense, but for some odd reson I like it.

Saint Complex/Valley of Swords. /Originator of the Insufferable Saint Complex
    Last edited by Nex; 04-30-2010 at 03:03 PM. Reason: Updating Gallery

Signature by me; Who else do you think made it?

No hints? I'm fully prepared to spend hours and hours finding images. I just need ONE keyword... T.T

Retired from Cabal

What's there to think about? Do explain. I really can't think of anything.

It's not like I'm asking people for an entrance fee or a sacrificial body part to join.

Anyway... O.o

Painting a scene is exactly what every tag maker tries to do. I understand that you have a vision in your head but in order for your audience to see that, you have to successfully guide them through the image. If you just show one large messy canvas, then your vision turns into nothing more than a pile of amateurish mess. Just my 2 cents on this.
    Last edited by inkeh; 05-01-2010 at 03:55 AM.

tag by inkeh

nice layers O.O
    Rixuel | Returned Lvl 17X Force Blader

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by inkeh View Post
    I've seen some grunge sigs in the past. I know it's all about covering the entire tag with rough effects but most of these just look like the effects were just being spammed on all corners of the sig without being layered or controlled. Anyway, they're your sigs and it's your style. Just thought you'd like some input on them.
    Your sig is horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Matrimoney View Post
    Your sig is horrible.
    That's like saying DaSmexy is good at Cabal...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast