Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cabal causing PC to crash?

Angry Cabal causing PC to crash?

Well .. Every time i play for about 10mins or so; the my computer spontaneously crashes out of nowhere .. This has never occurred before, and I don't know what's going on.. All of my drivers are up to date, no anti-virus or firewall could be the problem, anddddddddd ... hmm .. I can't think of anything else that could cause this problem. Any tips/suggestions would be greatly appreciated because this is getting REALLY annoying.

Just quit Cabal and stop QQing.
    We don't care about you, you piece of S H I T!
    Stop whining and shoot yourself, crybaby.
    How about you get a life, scumbag.

OR

Uninstall Cabal, worthless wuss.

Retired (Perussing General Topics or Support)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurus007 View Post

OR

And you sir, are not helping. Have something constructive to reply with, or not at all. Sad really sad your generation has little to no respect of others to be posting something like this to someones technical issue. So, a little colorful response to you kid...

Quit being so dang pathetic and try saying something like this to someones face in person instead of being the yellow panzy you are behind that computer screen...Oh wait, you can't because you know you are to pathetic to even dent a wet paper bag in a fight, nvm /endsarcasm

OT, to OP

Could be an overheating issue if the comp is just crashing so suddenly, the bios is autoshutting down to not fry the processor. Had this happen to me on another game with an older computer.

Desktop PC.
    Get some new thermal compound from Best Buy or local computer shop, Arctic Silver (name brand) is probably your best out there.
    Open the case, and carefully remove the heatsink/fan assembly off this processor, be a biggest thing on the motherboard
    Carefully clean the bottom of the heatsink off, and even more carefully clean off the old thermal compound off the processor, use a soft maleable plastic of somesort so don't scratch the processor die.
    After use the purest isopropil alchohol you can find, first aid rubbing alcohol is most convenient to find, though where you buy your new thermal compound should have electronic component cleaning variant available also, use a lint free cloth to do this, and clean up any residue left.
    Apply a drop of new thermal compound, about the size of a bb-gun bb onto the clean processor, carefully re-seat the heatsink centered over the processor, and gently twist side to side while pressing down slightly to evenly distribute the compound between the processor and heat sink.
    Re-clamp the heatsink down and plug the fan back in.
    Close up the case, and restart the computer.
    Let the computer sit idle for about 24hrs without use, just let sit there running to dry the compound and let the compound get its thermal transfer properties anywhere close for heavy use.
    Burn in test it after that 24hrs, really stress the processor out as much as you can for a couple hours, this catalizes the compound further, and you will see if the computer will thermal crash very quickly.
    Wouldn't hurt to add a couple extra vent fans into the computer, or old cheap trick, keep the case open and point a desk fan at the processor to get better air flow.
    Worst scenario, go with a liquid cooler, buy a better processor heatsink/fan setup.

Laptop
    Take to a technician if you don't know what you are doing with a computer on the inside. Laptops will need thermal adhesive, not thermal compound. Repost if still have this issue, but does sound thermal to me.

Banned
    Last edited by kinggreg; 12-11-2010 at 05:30 PM.

finally someone that has something constructive to say.

props. and you layed it out real nice and short and sweet. my advice, listen to this dude.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverIceForum View Post
    And you sir, are not helping. Have something constructive to reply with, or not at all. Sad really sad your generation has little to no respect of others to be posting something like this to someones technical issue. So, a little colorful response to you kid...

Quit being so dang pathetic and try saying something like this to someones face in person instead of being the yellow panzy you are behind that computer screen...Oh wait, you can't because you know you are to pathetic to even dent a wet paper bag in a fight, nvm /endsarcasm
    Really? Is that all you got? My c0ck can do better than that, loser.

You think you bad?... oh wait, I forgot you're homeless.
    You think your words are any significance to me? Guess again, idiot.
    What, did I hurt your feelings? Let me spit on your face, you nothing but waste.
    I'm like the ubiquitous air that is everywhere regardless of where you are, I'm there. I'll cause a preemptive strike to start a fight between you and me, you S-L-U-T! (Spitting Like U Too)

Really? Is that all you got? My c0ck can do better than that, loser.

You think you bad?... oh wait, I forgot you're homeless.
    You think your words are any significance to me? Guess again, idiot.
    What, did I hurt your feelings? Let me spit on your face, you nothing but waste.
    I'm like the ubiquitous air that is everywhere regardless of where you are, I'm there. I'll cause a preemptive strike to start a fight between you and me, you S-L-U-T! (Spitting Like U Too)
    umadbro?

OR

somebody get this kid a banhammer ftw.

Wink

Silver, thanks a lot .. I read your post for about ten seconds and I automatically knew what was wrong. This computer is relatively old .. So I figured it was overheating. Opened the case, cleaned my cpu fan and now no more crashing! (Also, I want to thank you for how quickly you replied. Props.)

As for the guy who thinks he's hard, go somewhere else with those fail insults. You'd never come up to me irl with that sht anyway bro.
    Last edited by xxtre16xx; 12-12-2010 at 10:38 AM. Reason: Filter -.-

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by xxtre16xx View Post
    Silver, thanks a lot .. I read your post for about ten seconds and I automatically knew what was wrong. This computer is relatively old .. So I figured it was overheating. Opened the case, cleaned my cpu fan and now no more crashing! (Also, I want to thank you for how quickly you replied. Props.)

As for the guy who thinks he's hard, go somewhere else with those fail insults. You'd never come up to me irl with that sht anyway bro.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast