Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch

Thread: My Computer starts to freeze after choosing channels for my character.

Unhappy My Computer starts to freeze after choosing channels for my character.

I need help. After one night I could not start the game. When I clicked on the " start game" button i went in as usually. then I typed in ID and pass. It was still Ok. after choosing char and channels. It went into the "loading screen" and everything froze. I could not even switched to other tabs. I tried to turn it off by opening task manager but I was unable to do that also. It stayed like that for like minutes and I had to press the restart button on my computer to restart it. After that cabal just got worse, after clicking the "game start", the computer froze AGAIN( I could not do anything or turn it off and had to press the restart button again and again). in some other times, it said that there was an error occurred. you can see the picture down here to understand what I'm saying. I'm using AVG antivirus 2011 free edition. is the gamegard system colliding with my AVG program or is there another problem ?
    thanks in advanceCabal(Ver171-101210-0003-0000).jpg

Retired (Perussing General Topics or Support)
    AVG could be having issues with Cabal, Gameguard, or both.

1) Try Avast or Avira anti-virus
    2) Get a registry cleaner and clean up your registry, never know
    3) Start>Computer>C drive right click it>Properties>Tools>Error Checking>Click Check Now, in box check both boxes>restart let windows do its thing to check for errors
    4) Update all your drivers once restarted
    5) Defrag the drive
    6) Try cabal again

I tried fixing error in all drivers but the issue is still there. the only thing that I haven't tried is disabling the AVG anti virus. but I dont know how to inactivate it. I tried task manager but it reappeared after few seconds.

I just tried inactivating my AVG and it worked.....so after all i think the anti virus program might have mistaken the run files as threats and tried to inactivated it.... and thanks a lot for your Advice . Best regard