Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Allright, I conceide defeat for now EST! (GM's must at least take a peek)

Quote Originally Posted by PSBeardy View Post
    Yes the TOS claims many things, most of which if you spent enough money on a good lawyer would count for little to nothing in court. Dirty little secret in law is you can not actually sign or agree away your rights regardless of what contract says. Keeping all that in mind since this is a Foreign Company doing business in US good luck with any lawsuit lol.
    oh well, still funny how he is so mad about this

how cute, 12 year old wants to sue ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Hatsuho View Post
    how cute, 12 year old wants to sue ;D
    (Sigh) It really is not that big of a deal. I'm simply a user that wants my old character back because I have so many old memories attached to him and the old guild he was in called <Imperia> and then <Fatalis>. I work for the United States Navy at the moment and I've been going through a lot of stress. I miss my family and the company pretty much said they would help me get this issue resolved.
    I'm disappointed, not mad or angry because I expected more from a company that should know what it is doing.
    Even one person can spend enough time to press a button to ban a bot, it should only take one person to help me get this issue resolved. Now that I have started another character, I'm not too concerned, but I would still like to pursue the issue of getting my old character back (WITH HIS OLD ITEMS) since I still have recpepts from the old OST account I saved. I actually have it pulled up right now and am looking at all the items I purchased, exactly as I left it. If they have a problem with this I'll fight it, because like I said,
    It really isn't that hard of an issue to resolve.
    (Also, I'm 23 and I live on my own with the money I make.)
    http://photobucket.com/albums/uu215/Killaonmoco/Illfightforyou.jpg
    Time on Cabal?
    A: Since at least 2008.
    Old Guilds you were in?
    A: First it was <Fatalis> Then their name changed to <Imperia>. Next to follow was <Foxhound>, <Starla>, and then <Foxhound> again.
    Old name= Raganok (WA)
    New name= Rage01 (WA) Our guild is the BetterGamingGuild. Help us grow and help make gaming better both online and off.

Quote Originally Posted by Tysukiomi View Post
    oh well, still funny how he is so mad about this
    I wouldn't say mad, and why is this issue funny? The exact same thing could happen to you in some other game.
    Time on Cabal?
    Old Guilds you were in?
    A: First it was <Fatalis> Then their name changed to <Imperia>. Next to follow was <Foxhound>, <Starla>, and then <Foxhound> again.
    Old name= Raganok (WA)
    New name= Rage01 (WA) Our guild is the BetterGamingGuild. Help us grow and help make gaming better both online and off.

I will look into this more, I need to brush up on my knowledge of the justice system in America anyway. Thank you for the help.
    Time on Cabal?
    Old Guilds you were in?
    Old name= Raganok (WA)

Quote Originally Posted by Tysukiomi View Post
    We reserve the right at any time to:
    •Change the terms and conditions of this Agreement;
    •Change the Service, including terminating, eliminating, supplementing, modifying, adding to or discontinuing any content or data on or feature of the Service or the hours that the Service is available;

there ya go
    Point taken, do you not think I've seen this and actually read the entire policy? It isn't a matter of policy, it's a matter of ethics. I'm not quite sure if you understand me when I say this.
    Time on Cabal?
    Old Guilds you were in?
    Old name= Raganok (WA)

Quote Originally Posted by Killa View Post
    Point taken, do you not think I've seen this and actually read the entire policy? It isn't a matter of policy, it's a matter of ethics. I'm not quite sure if you understand me when I say this.
    Here is the thing, it is unlikely at best that they will give yo back your character. This is for many reasons but the greatest is plainly evident if you read through these forums for say more then a minute....thier customer service is dismal at best and non-existant most of the time. The other big reason is they are more likely to collect more money from you if your forced to level up another new nub. Essentially what I am trying to get across is there is no real good motivating factor for them to do anything. Now you would have to balance the estimated cost of your attorney, court fees and missed time at work with what you may stand to recover and then discide whether those costs are worth the potential gain. Look I think we can all appreciate a fight over percieved ethics violations, but hey sometimes it doesn't make difference either way.

A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

You would get laughed outta any courtroom, just sayin'

(woob doobs i paid for pixels woob doobs)
    wa (unbanned) ||| other wa (r.i.p)
    Bot Mutiny?! ||| wiz (r.i.p.)
    noob WI (r.i.p.) ||| Yuan

Quote Originally Posted by sn0wXz View Post
    You would get laughed outta any courtroom, just sayin'

(woob doobs i paid for pixels woob doobs)
    Actually not, there is precedent with i think up-wards of 20 or so successful suits against Blizzard with WOW bans, the issue with Cabal is it would be an international case, not strictly US and as such would be 100X's more costly, so like I before, Good Luck its not impossible, just stupid fiscally.

A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Quote Originally Posted by PSBeardy View Post
    Actually not, there is precedent with i think up-wards of 20 or so successful suits against Blizzard with WOW bans, the issue with Cabal is it would be an international case, not strictly US and as such would be 100X's more costly, so like I before, Good Luck its not impossible, just stupid fiscally.
    EST is free to play, your not required to make purchases to access the game and its features, unlike WoW.

plus if your talking bout a service you pay to receive that has similar type tos as est (reserving the right to suspend/terminate an account at any time for any/no reason) then its two different situations, because at the most the people would get from a silly lawsuit like that is their money back from the original game purchase. Thats because most states have consumer-rights laws not based on the service but on the refund of the purchase due to un-substantiated blocking or banning of any account/credit card.

The players in est dont pay a cent to sign up, the game is free itself; all the costumes ect hes bought are all copyright material for est, he doesnt own them, its just pixels in his inventory. It would be more then a fiscal issue, if he has money to waste on a court procedure that would cost more then the a copy of the game and ip switch, then hes just down right retarded. (ofcourse in this issue est's game is free so he really has nothing to complain about)

btw i dont get where all the helpdesk hate comes from to be honest, ive submitted 3 tickets, just since the 19th of dec, 1 bot report, 2 other issues, relatively complex; and they were taken care of respectively. Remember, hes claiming his account was "transferred without his premission"; with that hes implying someone else had access to his account via it being compromised, or hes trying to imply its est's fault that someone knew his info (email and access to that email) ect... im sure they just didnt hand it over for anyone who said im this guy durr hurr; cuz u woulda seen u know....a somebody having thier acct stolen, with good gear? erm brb still loling
    Last edited by sn0wXz; 01-03-2011 at 08:59 AM.
    wa (unbanned) ||| other wa (r.i.p)
    Bot Mutiny?! ||| wiz (r.i.p.)
    noob WI (r.i.p.) ||| Yuan

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast