Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Blue Screen of Death anyone? lol

Blue Screen of Death anyone? lol

So as the title says I keep getting a BSoD when I try to play cabal. I haven't changed anything on my computer in about 3 years since I started playing cabal. It started when I was changing characters taking screenshots of all my gear (incase of the roll backs as instructed by [GM] Sky) and then it gave me this error.

So I clicked ok like normal and went to start up my game agian. And uh needless to say my ventrilo froze, msn crashed, and when I went to restart my computer all I had in options was Log Off and Switch Users...no Shut Down or Restart. So when I went to hard shut down my computer my screen flashed with a blue screen with writing on it saying

"Windows has detected an Error with the programing and is shutting down for the safety of your computer..... blah blah alot of random number and file names...estimated time for shut down in: ___%" and my computer shut down. I started it back up and got on vent just fine and hopped back on cabal and not even 60 seconds of being logged in it happened agian this time very little warning.

So I ran a virus scan and found no virus...nothing and ran clean up scans hoping that might help. My computer ran fine for like an hour or so while I was doing the scans then I got on cabal one last time and it happened agian this time giving me the GameGuard has encountered an error message that you usually just restart your computer to fix.

I'm assuming that cabal has some sort of virus that is doing this and I'm wondering if anyone is having this issue too or has any fix for this besides reformating, or if this is just something I'm going to have to wait out and see if it fixes when they fix up their bugged servers.

Btw I'm not here to QQ about it or anything just trying to solve a problem that might just be my computer or a programming error. Being off cabal has little to no effect to me really.
    Last edited by Jenus; 12-12-2010 at 02:01 PM.

lols i got that too, once or twice

retired

Quote Originally Posted by CuteReign View Post
    lols i got that too, once or twice
    Did you get it fixed? lmao like my computer runs amazingly smooth til I start up cabal then it goes all kinds of screwed up xD

Quote Originally Posted by Jenus View Post
    Did you get it fixed? lmao like my computer runs amazingly smooth til I start up cabal then it goes all kinds of screwed up xD
    nop lols. my cabal works fine, jsut randomly crashes sometime with that message. dunno why. i get bsod every once in a while

retired

nop lols. my cabal works fine, jsut randomly crashes sometime with that message. dunno why. i get bsod every once in a while
    Oh well that message is something I get often expecialy when I'm on a wizard lmao. but the blue screen is new to me and it's not going away lmao.

Oh well that message is something I get often expecialy when I'm on a wizard lmao. but the blue screen is new to me and it's not going away lmao.
    lol im a wizzy too.

when you get bsod look for your error message. it will be in the middle somethere. i get 0x0000e0 or sotmhing close to tha

retired

lol im a wizzy too.

when you get bsod look for your error message. it will be in the middle somethere. i get 0x0000e0 or sotmhing close to tha
    Yeah I'ma do that next time it shuts off my computer so fast it's hard to even catch it. I have a tech support trying to help me thro information I can give them about it. I just think it's a virus that just randomly showed up and my virus scans are too old to pick it up (even tho I just updated them friday)

Yeah I'ma do that next time it shuts off my computer so fast it's hard to even catch it. I have a tech support trying to help me thro information I can give them about it. I just think it's a virus that just randomly showed up and my virus scans are too old to pick it up (even tho I just updated them friday)
    lol okays, if u want go t google > images > type in bsod > so ull kno where to look for the code~ than u can google the code and seen wuts wrong with ur pc

retired

So I've tried some of the solutions on this thread like removing my mouse drivers and using the default ones. I will try to defrag my computer 2mro morning and same with installing cabal afterwards if it doesnt work right. After all that I'm pretty clueless I mean really only other thing I could really do is wait til the GMs get on and fix their server cuz that could be the only thing wrong with it.

http://forum.cabal.com/showthread.php?156-BSOD-issue

That's the other thread about BSOD reguarding back when cabal transfered over to EST

Retired (Perussing General Topics or Support)
    Um, could be almost anything muxing up the whole caboodle.

Try the check files button on the launcher.
    Run a registry cleaner, you'd be surprised how something new gets updated and forgets to update a registry key or leaves a worthless one will mux a computer up.
    Run the windows disc scanner under drive properties>tools (never know if an mft or metadata entry is messed up) checking both check boxes, restart and let windows go at it, or get a 3rd party disc integrity scanner like Spinrite 6 to do this
    Defrag the disc once restarted
    Heck maybe try updating drivers if its been a while you updated your gfx, directx, and sound drivers.

Yeah, a lot of general maintenance steps, never know one of the simplest things fixes a computer error I find a lot starting from bottom upward.

Hope the bug works itself clean for you.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast