Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Forum Moderator

Bloody Ice ~~ Mobbing Nipperlugs with "Darkness"

Thumbs up Forum Moderator

With the recent outbreak of Off-topic and unacceptable topics, I suggest we have a team (3-4 people) of normal players to monitor the forums.

Obviously the GM's do not have the time to look over these forums 24/7 and I don't expect them to either.

I have observed this practice on many different forums and have worked great. Only good would come from this idea.

I suggest that a Moderator team be created. These Moderator's would have the ability to Lock, Delete, and Move topics as well as Edit posts. The Moderator's would have to follow guidelines and must not abuse their power.

I know there will be cases where a Moderator might abuse his/her power. To counter this problem, the community would just simply report the Moderator and the GM's would take care of it.

This would be sort of the Watcher program we had back in OGP but just for the forums.

Methods for selecting a team of Moderators are varied. Normal players will volunteer to help the community. The community could just vote for their Moderators (with GM approval) or GM's could just evaluate who are the best candidates and create a team themselves.

NOTE: No special treatment should be awarded to the moderators.

The result of this would be a cleaner forum environment for all aspects of the community.

--

Thank you for reading this suggestion and feel free to express your opinions.
    Last edited by Rapturen; 04-17-2010 at 04:41 PM.
    Force Blader - Lvl 11x
    Capella

Banned
    i sense corruption.:
    Original: "i love cabal"
    Mod edit: "i love MEN"
    lol. why don't they censor things in forums anyway? why do they have to censor things at all? it's not like 8 year olds are here >_>
    Last edited by Sheep; 04-17-2010 at 04:43 PM. Reason: cant spell

Your right, that's why not anybody would be a Moderator.
    Force Blader - Lvl 11x
    Capella

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapturen View Post
    Your right, that's why not anybody would be a Moderator.
    i don't like the idea of editing someone else's post at all, tbh.
    And like i said, why do they even block swearing in this game?

Its a good idea to have moderators for the forum.

When the GMs are not there, their job is to clean inappropriated threads. we have so far 5+ inappropriated threads and most of the population are like under 18...

I like the idea but moderators should not abuse their powers! And united people > moderators
    Rixuel | Returned Lvl 17X Force Blader

The moderators Idea would be good, but the problem is if the Mod Powers would land in the hands of someone immature, they would be doing stuff like what Sheep Said in post 1.
    Although I disagree on banning foul language. Sometimes its fun to talk like that with your friends in your guild and stuff, but other people would use it to piss someone off or be insulting. It seems people like saying the word ''" alot for all the wrong purposes. I personally find it annoying. The person saying it might not find it insulting, but for others, it is.

IF a Moderator does become abusive you could just report him to the GM's via Help desk and strip him/her of their powers or just get the Moderator banned.
    Force Blader - Lvl 11x
    Capella

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapturen View Post
    IF a Moderator does become abusive you could just report him to the GM's via Help desk and strip him/her of their powers or just get the Moderator banned.
    and we all know that help desk takes ages..

Quote Originally Posted by Sheep View Post
    and we all know that help desk takes ages..
    lol so true
    Dont be Jealous of my Boogie
    www.youtube.com/user/JuannyBear

Quote Originally Posted by JuannyBear View Post
    The moderators Idea would be good, but the problem is if the Mod Powers would land in the hands of someone immature, they would be doing stuff like what Sheep Said in post 1.
    Although I disagree on banning foul language. Sometimes its fun to talk like that with your friends in your guild and stuff, but other people would use it to piss someone off or be insulting. It seems people like saying the word ''" alot for all the wrong purposes. I personally find it annoying. The person saying it might not find it insulting, but for others, it is.
    Agreed, we needn't remind ourselves how well the GA program turned out for mercury when like what, all 3 were in the same guild on top of being corrupt? I wouldn't dream of trusting NA's population with such things.

Not to mention like half of the current forum users are nothing but trolls. If your going to hand out infractions to them or close every thread they post in there won't be anything left of these forums, NA forums were never that active to begin with. Going off topic happens to every thread eventually, if a new idea comes up I don't see why we should be restrained to only discussing the original and reiterating ourselves.

-1 for topic starter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast