Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 107 of 169 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117157 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1683

Thread: Rate the Signature Above!

Quote Originally Posted by Tysukiomi View Post

z.z, tell me what u think? this is 1st sig in about a 2months so im not expecting much( note to yum: i tried some blending/smudging around the water ripples...idk if it is good or not)
    Hmm well I like the background ok but the character looks like it was put on to the background with minimal blending. I think one of my biggest issues with it is color and light matching. With my work I've been trying to improve my ability to make the lighting and color of the character somewhat match the background of my sig but not lose the character's actual color scheme, if that makes any sense. I'll try to give you advice based on my attempts and some tutorials I've read. Hopefully I'm not giving bad advice.

Try messing with some light opacity gradients or brushes to blend the lighting and color of the character with the background a little better, perhaps a bit of light opacity yellows, oranges and reds (whatever colors are in your background) for shading (but don't drown out your character's original color too much) and some light opacity pale yellow (or some very pale color may not need to be yellow) for some extra lighting effects. Also, sometimes you may want to blend, smudge, etc. parts of your character a bit to cut down on 'shadows' drawn on the character if you feel they conflict too much with your lighting (I don't think you'll need to do this much on your character). You might also try to eliminate the light "glowing outline" around the edge of the character as much as you can, so that the character looks sharper and more defined.

Also you might look for YumCookies sig tutorials for some tips (I think they are on some thread in the sig gallery they really helped me). Best thing you can do is keep playing with it and after you feel like you've made some progress try putting it up for review. As you practice, try to get a feel for the effects of lighting and how they play in to how the character should be shaded, lightened, colored, etc. Well that's my 2 cents (hope my advice is ok). Also it might help if you mention what image editing software you use (I'm assuming some version of photoshop).

I still welcome comments on my latest revision (Post 1051 I think). Thank you for your time.
    Last edited by cadacus_ater; 01-06-2011 at 02:18 PM.

thank you advice is very appreciated ^_^

-___-
    fine

2nd try

Quote Originally Posted by Tysukiomi View Post

2nd try
    I'd rate it 6.5/10 at this point.
    Well that is one way to handle color blending. The ripples are kinda lost in the white area though. If you are going to go for more of a black and white style you might try coloring some of the ripples with something (perhaps red, experiment to see what looks good for what you want) like the white ripples/areas in your original version for instance. I still recommend you try to eliminate the pale, semi-transparent white border around your character as much as you can. Sometimes the only way to do that effectively is to zoom in to 200 or 400% and carefully erase the outline around the edge of the character.

EDIT: I'm suggesting some color to help make the sig more lively, right now it looks a little bit too black and white to me, and in some areas this causes you to lose details in your background in ways that don't flow as well as they could. That's the way I'm seeing it. But it's your sig, don't let people's opinions change your style. Keep practicing!
    Last edited by cadacus_ater; 01-07-2011 at 09:33 AM. Reason: Clarified some of my advice.

Looks awesome to me cyrstal 9.5/10

Valdoroth: I like it overall, but I'd prefer some of the colored lines scattered around the sig be a bit smoother in some areas. 8/10

Here is a slight edit of my ice project, picture shown is 711x400, where I tried to better reshade the character in accordance with my light source with a few other slight touch ups. If I did it right, there should be two links below this image, the 1st is to the full size 1600x900 version and the 2nd is to the character I used, unedited. Please rate and comment. I'd love some feedback on the blending, lighting and any other aspects people might feel the need to point out. Thanks!

http://tinypic.com/m/dyq81j/2
    http://tinypic.com/m/dyq81i/2
    Last edited by cadacus_ater; 01-07-2011 at 09:39 AM. Reason: I didn't want Valdoroth to feel left out xD

yes it was hard to pick the shape of the flame, but i couldn't really make them any thicker like i wanted without losing some of the shape.

This page has had 35,723 visits (Retired)
    My FB Guide
    Contact me for anything for the wiki: [email protected]