Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 53 of 169 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast

Thread: Rate the Signature Above!

For YumCookies
    Top: 9.5/10. I like it a lot (I really like katanas). But really, I like the style of it, and the only things stopping me from giving a 10 is slight bias and my amatuer perspective.
    Bottom: 8.5/10. The background is a little confusing to me, but it looks nice overall. Also, I'm a little iffy on lighting in a few spots, but its nothing really major.
    Current sig: 8.5/10. The Yuna (I think that's right) sig is quite pleasent to look at, lighting isn't too bad in my opinion. It isn't my favorite theme, but it looks alright.

Ok. I decided it was time to work on something else and came up with these two 'drafts'. I might work more on the way things are layered later, but these outline the basic concepts I'm looking at using. Please rate and critique (constructive criticism is appreciated). Here's the first one.

And here is the second one, which I tried utilizing a bump map on.
    Last edited by cadacus_ater; 05-15-2010 at 06:31 AM.

Banned
    7/10 on first one
    6/10 on second one

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cadacus_ater View Post
    For YumCookies
    Top: 9.5/10. I like it a lot (I really like katanas). But really, I like the style of it, and the only things stopping me from giving a 10 is slight bias and my amatuer perspective.
    Bottom: 8.5/10. The background is a little confusing to me, but it looks nice overall. Also, I'm a little iffy on lighting in a few spots, but its nothing really major.
    Current sig: 8.5/10. The Yuna (I think that's right) sig is quite pleasent to look at, lighting isn't too bad in my opinion. It isn't my favorite theme, but it looks alright.

Ok. I decided it was time to work on something else and came up with these two 'drafts'. I might work more on the way things are layered later, but these outline the basic concepts I'm looking at using. Please rate and critique (constructive criticism is appreciated). Here's the first one.

And here is the second one, which I tried utilizing a bump map on.
    Hmmm I actually have a few tips to help you a bit
    When making a sig, make sure everything blends well. What I mean by this is that the colors need to flow well together. If you look at the sig you just made, the black with the light colors and grey and her dark red eyes don't really go well together. Also, your focal point [The girl I'm assuming] isn't very clear - therefore you have to make her stand out more. A way you can do that is simple going to the girl layer, then going to Filter -> Sharpen -> Sharpen (assuming you have photoshop). As for blending, it's probably my most time consuming part of making a sig. Layer -> New fill adjustment layer -> gradient map. For gradient maps, you need to set them at around 30% - 70% opacity and then adjust blending options [soft light, overlay, etc.] and then make about 3-6 different ones making sure it blends well. And then I would usually add in a photofilter at the end [layer -> new adjustment layer -> photo filter] that looks nice.
    I'll make my first ever tutorial soon [hopefully]!
    7/10 for both

Rate these 2 please
    First time using a c4d render for a background :x

This one just looked epic to me XD

7/10

5/10

Text is a bit too plain and the placement is off. The sig's a little bland as well - it really looks like a bunch of stuff copy pasted on top of each other as it is now. Also - points from the not-so-clean rendered focal.

Anyway.. try not to think of mine as a sig because of the size but hit me! =D
    Last edited by inkeh; 05-16-2010 at 02:13 PM. Reason: noticed it's not a distortion =/

tag by inkeh

9/10

-1 for the background having random streaks of color and uneven-ness

o.o 9/10

7.5/10 @ Enigma
    It looks nice but still a bit bland. Kinda looks empty and sort of like a generic sig. I like the smudgy, blurry, smoke effects and the flying sparks effect =p Good technique to utilize for heavier work.

3.5/10 @ Hatsu
    Text is too subtle, placement is bad. Sig needs a lot more effects. VERY bland and kinda looks boring =/

@Enigma:
    I was kinda hoping no one would notice it. Saw it this morning =/
    I finished that one around 3:30AM so yeah... I got some clean up to do XD
    Last edited by inkeh; 05-16-2010 at 09:29 PM.

tag by inkeh

wows, very elaborate lettering. nice one. 7/10 (good job though its a little big)

as for mine: i can't figure out y its still making that line on the edge. I'll have to work on it some more

Edit nvm i fixe it i think. though it seems to appear sometimes and other times not.
    Last edited by Valdoroth; 05-16-2010 at 10:09 PM.

This page has had 35,723 visits (Retired)
    My FB Guide
    Contact me for anything for the wiki: [email protected]