Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch

Thread: Class Transmuter and Guild Bound Gears

Class Transmuter and Guild Bound Gears

Introduction

We grind our characters for years, build honor ranks and sometimes we wonder how an alter experience with similar gears would feel. It would bring a refreshing alter experience to our main class !

How it can be achieved

1. S amp and M amp should be changed to ALL AMP
    2. All defense pieces now all have a 1-1 mapping, i.e. all defensive gears are now class specific. So during a class transmute those gears can easily be mapped.
    3. You will not be allowed to transmute to another class with by wearing any weapons. (i.e. weapons are not transmutable)

Why it can be useful

Dungeon : Sometimes we go to a dungeon and we are short of 1 player with a specific class. For example, we may need an FS for MO but the FS members may be offline or a fast dungeon which requires a WI for SP or an FB to debuff dungeon bosses. Instead of partying with unknown people it would be better if "friends" party by transmuting to another class according to dungeon needs sharing the same vent.

Nation War: In war it can help create balanced groups, WI can give SI, while FA can give OB ... WA with morale and FS is always useful with their SS.

Solo according to need :

BL can be excellent for HV
    WI is excellent for CA
    FA is excellent for boss killing (Pluma / Manticore)
    FS is great for people who need some extra defense to level up or counter large mobs
    FB is great for PK in Ch 20 and AT
    WA is great for PvP.

In addition as I mentioned before ... a change to a different class without having to spend hours of grinding honor is always refreshing!

p.s. I am sure some people will say "I have 2 classes already" - well, how about 6 classes ? Wouldn't you like to re-use most of your gears for another alter experience ?

Guild Bound Gears

Guild bound gears can be bought by the Guild Master only by using alz from the Guild Bank. Once bought with alz from the guild bank the gear becomes "guild bound". It means, only a guild member can use the gear.

> If the user logs out the gear automatically goes back to the guild warehouse.
    > Guild bound gears can never be broken.
    > Guild bound gears can be sold to NPC only by the GM to create space in the Guild Warehouse.
    > Guild bound gears cannot be used for war / 1v1 PvP Arena.
    Last edited by forumtwizzler; 01-14-2013 at 12:58 PM.

This would defeat the purpose of having 6 classes

It'd be no different than having 1 class; giving everyone WA's Attack, with FB's rate and cd, and WI's M.Attack, and FS's Defense, FA's range, and giving everyone every short and buff and debuff.

I believe most most MMO's as well as Console games, have more than 1 class for this reason. ie a Black Mage is not the same as a White Mage, and both are different from a Knight.
    Last edited by Peaches; 01-14-2013 at 01:59 PM.
    hi im Peaches
    Quote Originally Posted by IBladE View Post
    Everyone knows a cap bringer is just a person who couldn't get proc bringer.

I read the title and was already laughing. I read who posted it and laughed more.

You think they're going to completely wipe ALL the work they just spent the last 2 years working on? (Rising Force and the following 2-3 updates that KO doesn't even have yet)
    If you do, then you're crazy.

I -1 this idea

This page has had 35,723 visits (Retired)
    My FB Guide
    Contact me for anything for the wiki: [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by Valdoroth View Post
    I read the title and was already laughing. I read who posted it and laughed more.

You think they're going to completely wipe ALL the work they just spent the last 2 years working on? (Rising Force and the following 2-3 updates that KO doesn't even have yet)
    If you do, then you're crazy.

I -1 this idea
    Nobody can think of a smarter way to get banned by farming alz from the same account of your main! ;C but okay ...

Technically it's not that difficult. They have a list of characters with a class, with a set of enum to define their gears.

The base is a Character with several variables, health defense, various basic movement ability, etc.
    The base class implements a type of Playable Class and Gear, unless their Character supports multiple inheritance.
    To change the character Class means it picks the appropriate Gear where there is a 1-1 mapping of Character vs Gear [ it's already in effect ]

In short avoiding weapon transmute avoids conflicts, changing rest of the properties of a character should be fairly easy, such as changing sex, nation, servers, etc.
    Last edited by forumtwizzler; 01-14-2013 at 05:24 PM.

It's not the difficulty part I was referring to. It's the fact that each class is unique and are SUPPOSED to be non-interchangeable. Do you see any other game with changeable classes whenever you feel like it? Not any normal ones which they do look at usually (see cabal 2 for prime example).

This page has had 35,723 visits (Retired)
    My FB Guide
    Contact me for anything for the wiki: [email protected]

Lol this guy still talking
    Wonder where he comes up with these restarted ideas maybe while he licks windows lol
    CptnHowdy
    guild leader

I'm sorry I'm so blunt if you dont like it grow up beating around the bush is for kids