Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch

Thread: world_16.mcl error when updating with update_186

Unhappy world_16.mcl error when updating with update_186

I can't update my game at all. I've restarted several times & when the download patching thing for update_186 gets to 100% file download/91% game download, this error pops up & I can't figure out what to do now, I've restarted & same thing just happens, same error shows up:

"Fail to create world_16.mcl . If you can't delete file, please restart your Operating System(Windows)."

Retired (Perussing General Topics or Support)
    You running the launcher and updater in Administrator mode (Vista/Win7), or logged in as an Administrator (Win2k/XP)??

Retired
    Account Passed On

I'm the only user of this laptop (Vista) , so it's always logged in as Admin & so I am running the launcher/updater as Admin. I went in the Map folder & manually deleted world_16.mcl but just the same thing happens, the update_186 won't go past 91%, but now instead of the error being with world_16.mcl (by the way, world_16.mcl did not get recreated in the MAP folder), it now says: "Fail to create cabalmain.exe . If you can't delete file, please restart your Operating System(Windows)."

Another weird thing just happened. My Avira detected cabalmain.exe as a dangerous file rofl, that has never happened before in any of the times I've ran the launcher to update lol & yes I clicked IGNORE, so it should've been able to create cabalmain.exe, I'm so confused grr...

so I retrieve the world_16.mcl file from Recycle Bin or what or will the update create another one if it ever runs thru correctly

Retired (Perussing General Topics or Support)
    Check Files button will replace deleted files. Avira, it is a false warning, just have to set the Cabal Install folder into its exceptions list to not be scanned, seen this pop up with one name to another over the past 3 years when Cabal and/or an A/V upgrades to new engines :/, freaking Gameguard and such. Only other option I can suggest, un-install Cabal from C:\Program Files which is a system protected folder to another folder not so closely guarded by Vista/7 UAC, myself Cabal is installed to C:\Users\Public\Games\Cabal . Still erroring out like that means Avira is botching everything up detecting its false positive so is locking the files from executing, being read or written to if you haven't put the install folder into Avira's exception list like listed above.

Retired
    Account Passed On