Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Merry Christmas~

Osmium

Merry Christmas~

Eve!

Sig made by InfiCathi<3

Not everyone is a Christian o: Happy Holidays!

Cisa
    Human Thief - Guild Wars 2, Anvil Rock
    60 Elyos Cleric - Aion, Tiamat (Vaizel & Zikel merged)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CriSai View Post
    Not everyone is a Christian o: Happy Holidays!
    Hanukkah is over leaving the only remaining significant religious holiday left to be Christmas. Why not then wish people a merry Christmas?

Merry Xmas to ALL and happy holidays!

Quote Originally Posted by otice1 View Post
    Hanukkah is over leaving the only remaining significant religious holiday left to be Christmas. Why not then wish people a merry Christmas?
    yus.

55 chanter-Aion
    Morior
    Kreiss
    R.I.P.
    xCarnage 160 Blader
    XxPRxXAngeL 170 force blader
    xStarFire 147 Force Archer

Retired (Perussing General Topics or Support)
    BAH F*******G HUMBUG! >_>

J/K

Merry Yuletide everyone which is what X-Mas replaced in actuality :P

Retired
    Account Passed On

Quote Originally Posted by otice1 View Post
    Maybe someone should read up on other religions....

Considering, the Christians took the date of Christmas from the Pagans who celebrate Yule at this time of year. It wasn't until A.D. 440 that the church officially proclaimed December 25 as the birth of Christ. This was not based on any religious evidence but on a pagan feast. Saturnalia was a tradition inherited by the Roman pagans from an earlier Babylonian priesthood. December 25 was used as a celebration of the birthday of the sun god. It was observed near the winter solstice. The apostles in the Bible predicted that some Christians would adopt pagan beliefs to enable them to make their religion more palatable to the pagans around them. Therefore, some scholars think the church chose the date of this pagan celebration to interest them in Christianity. The pagans were already used to celebrating on this date

Being full of yourself online is fine, since you know in the real world you are nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by GoughGhan View Post
    Maybe someone should read up on other religions....

Considering, the Christians took the date of Christmas from the Pagans who celebrate Yule at this time of year. It wasn't until A.D. 440 that the church officially proclaimed December 25 as the birth of Christ. This was not based on any religious evidence but on a pagan feast. Saturnalia was a tradition inherited by the Roman pagans from an earlier Babylonian priesthood. December 25 was used as a celebration of the birthday of the sun god. It was observed near the winter solstice. The apostles in the Bible predicted that some Christians would adopt pagan beliefs to enable them to make their religion more palatable to the pagans around them. Therefore, some scholars think the church chose the date of this pagan celebration to interest them in Christianity. The pagans were already used to celebrating on this date

Now I know why EST doesn't have GA's. Your even more of a douche bag than I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundarr View Post
    Now I know why EST doesn't have GA's. Your even more of a douche bag than I thought.
    Thanks for noticing! and just because I explained to someone how Christmas came around. I feel special now.
    Last edited by GoughGhan; 12-24-2010 at 09:52 AM.
    Being full of yourself online is fine, since you know in the real world you are nothing.

Banned
    You may have noticed how I said significant. There are no other significant modern religions with holidays occurring at the moment. And yes I am aware of the origin of why Christmas was placed on December 25th, don't act like you taught me something.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast