Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: PROS and CONS of BL ?

Pro: They are a well balanced character in terms of stats and skill effects. They have a BEASTLY bm1 and bm2 offers good dps on bosses or other single targets. Great character for PvE and soloing stuff.
    Con: I would put them at mid tier for pvp duels using no shorts or debuff, they can be outdone fairly easy by a decent WA, FS who crits hard or by a strong WI or FA if they do enough damage and can survive your attacks. FB are a tossup. In my experience FB usually have to be a bit stronger than the BL to win (FB stats aren't as good as BL in general except for rate and cdi). In War I think BL are possibly one of the hardest characters to use effectively as they have no clearly defined role in War, and Intuition =/= Shadow Shield QQ.

EDIT: Well, idk about duels, I don't really know how PvP goes with near-equal builds between BL and other classes. My pvp style relies on the way I've setup my skills, to optimize damage and dps, so I'm a little stronger in pvp than my stats might suggest. Also, since BL have a very good balance of hp and def, only WA and some FS outdo us easily in this category, we can survive against classes who have better dps skills in short matches (such as WI and FA).

Quote Originally Posted by Fhear View Post
    What combo do you use for War? As well as PvE?
    I personally end up using a 6 skill stun+down combo for pve due to my skill setup [all skills are 20, even Death Tempest (DT), except for Lightning Slash (LS 9) and Blade Scud (BS 9)]. For simplicity and to avoid confusion, I'll list other skill abreviations I'm using: DS=Double Slash, DR=Double Rising, SG=Storm Grind, IS=Impact Stab, VI=Vital Interfere, TMS=Twin Moon Slash, FK=Force Kick. It's a little bit tricky, but it loops very nicely (using the expanded skill bar really helps with combos like this, I just hold 'alt' to use one of the other 3 skills in my combo so I don't have to stretch or move my fingers) My pve combo is as follows:
    --LS > DS > BS > VI > LS > DS > SG > DT > VI > LS > BS-- To continue beyond 11 skills, I can add SG > VI to the end and create a loop.

This combo is in my skill guide in the Blader section, titled "A Guide on All Skills to get for Bladers with Recommended Skill Levels". I have lots of skill and combo advice there. Also, I think there is a thread in the Blader section titled "100% stun lock for bladers" that has a good stunlock combo submitted by chainlock.

However if you don't have DT yet, and you want DR instead of DS and want simpler combos because you lag. One of the easiest combos you can do with BS 9 and LS 9 all other skills 20 is: --LS > SG > BS > DR (Repeat this over and over again)-- To add stun to this combo, try VI after DR.

If you have DT, a rule of thumb is that in simpler combos, you can usually use DT, SG, and DR interchangably. Depending on what level you put DT at you could use:
    --LS > DT > BS > SG (Repeat this and if DT is not cooled by the time you come to it, use DR)-- Again try using VI before LS if you want to add stun.

As for War...I usually end up using my 6 skill pve combo cause I'm too lazy to come up with a War-specific combo. In War I don't think it really matters that much, people are moving and you're scrambling to adapt your combo anyway. You might try making a combo with more pursuit moves, like Assault. Sometimes I'll use a combo like --IS > VI > Assault > DT > LS > Assault > VI > BS > Assault > SG > LS-- ...or I'll just wing it.
    Last edited by cadacus_ater; 01-12-2011 at 06:30 AM. Reason: blasted typos

Quote Originally Posted by LєthalHeart View Post
    high hp
    high def
    high attack
    CD/CR built in skills
    high def rate
    high attack rate
    highly customizable
    beast buffs, low cooldowns

^^i just told you the pros because i cant think of any cons of bl
    Cons: bl has the shortest skill range in Cabal
    Not good in Mwar specially in big wars

-=sFS=-
    -=Stormy Officer=-
    -=Knight of Passion=-

Titanium
    there are no cons of blader

in NW bladers are fine i never had a issue on my blader in the 150-170 war

I have a BL 153 and I love it in pve, good skills and stuff, but I hate going to TG because, when I come closer to one enemy in the way ppl kill me, or when attack one, 3 more attack me and I cant attack them at the same time (like a FS) so I cant make good points, resulting in dying a LOT. Its just plain boring to me, If I can find a way to kill ppl as easy as FS or other clases, I would stick with BL, but TG is making me wanna change my class to FS (just dont like its pve sort of boring)
    What do I need to do a good role in war as a minimum? 1000 attack? 900 def? all skills 20? I dont know what to do really
    yesterday I went to TG and started to do assault , double raising, double slash ... but those skills only made 30 or 40 dmg, my BL has 900 attack, so I cant understand, my 134 FS with crappy gear can outdmg my BL.
    Last edited by LeiKung; 02-13-2011 at 10:15 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cadacus_ater View Post
    Pro: They are a well balanced character in terms of stats and skill effects. They have a BEASTLY bm1 and bm2 offers good dps on bosses or other single targets. Great character for PvE and soloing stuff.
    Con: I would put them at mid tier for pvp duels using no shorts or debuff, they can be outdone fairly easy by a decent WA, FS who crits hard or by a strong WI or FA if they do enough damage and can survive your attacks. FB are a tossup. In my experience FB usually have to be a bit stronger than the BL to win (FB stats aren't as good as BL in general except for rate and cdi). In War I think BL are possibly one of the hardest characters to use effectively as they have no clearly defined role in War, and Intuition =/= Shadow Shield QQ.

EDIT: Well, idk about duels, I don't really know how PvP goes with near-equal builds between BL and other classes. My pvp style relies on the way I've setup my skills, to optimize damage and dps, so I'm a little stronger in pvp than my stats might suggest. Also, since BL have a very good balance of hp and def, only WA and some FS outdo us easily in this category, we can survive against classes who have better dps skills in short matches (such as WI and FA).

I personally end up using a 6 skill stun+down combo for pve due to my skill setup [all skills are 20, even Death Tempest (DT), except for Lightning Slash (LS 9) and Blade Scud (BS 9)]. For simplicity and to avoid confusion, I'll list other skill abreviations I'm using: DS=Double Slash, DR=Double Rising, SG=Storm Grind, IS=Impact Stab, VI=Vital Interfere, TMS=Twin Moon Slash, FK=Force Kick. It's a little bit tricky, but it loops very nicely (using the expanded skill bar really helps with combos like this, I just hold 'alt' to use one of the other 3 skills in my combo so I don't have to stretch or move my fingers) My pve combo is as follows:
    --LS > DS > BS > VI > LS > DS > SG > DT > VI > LS > BS-- To continue beyond 11 skills, I can add SG > VI to the end and create a loop.

This combo is in my skill guide in the Blader section, titled "A Guide on All Skills to get for Bladers with Recommended Skill Levels". I have lots of skill and combo advice there. Also, I think there is a thread in the Blader section titled "100% stun lock for bladers" that has a good stunlock combo submitted by chainlock.

However if you don't have DT yet, and you want DR instead of DS and want simpler combos because you lag. One of the easiest combos you can do with BS 9 and LS 9 all other skills 20 is: --LS > SG > BS > DR (Repeat this over and over again)-- To add stun to this combo, try VI after DR.

If you have DT, a rule of thumb is that in simpler combos, you can usually use DT, SG, and DR interchangably. Depending on what level you put DT at you could use:
    --LS > DT > BS > SG (Repeat this and if DT is not cooled by the time you come to it, use DR)-- Again try using VI before LS if you want to add stun.

As for War...I usually end up using my 6 skill pve combo cause I'm too lazy to come up with a War-specific combo. In War I don't think it really matters that much, people are moving and you're scrambling to adapt your combo anyway. You might try making a combo with more pursuit moves, like Assault. Sometimes I'll use a combo like --IS > VI > Assault > DT > LS > Assault > VI > BS > Assault > SG > LS-- ...or I'll just wing it.

dude u the person who types the MOST on this forum..... lol

Quote Originally Posted by LeiKung View Post
    I have a BL 153 and I love it in pve, good skills and stuff, but I hate going to TG because, when I come closer to one enemy in the way ppl kill me, or when attack one, 3 more attack me and I cant attack them at the same time (like a FS) so I cant make good points, resulting in dying a LOT. Its just plain boring to me, If I can find a way to kill ppl as easy as FS or other clases, I would stick with BL, but TG is making me wanna change my class to FS (just dont like its pve sort of boring)
    What do I need to do a good role in war as a minimum? 1000 attack? 900 def? all skills 20? I dont know what to do really
    yesterday I went to TG and started to do assault , double raising, double slash ... but those skills only made 30 or 40 dmg, my BL has 900 attack, so I cant understand, my 134 FS with crappy gear can outdmg my BL.

Do this in a small tunnel with tons of Caps (i'm proc ftw =P)
    +NW flee rate pot,NW defrate pot+flee rate buff+100% resis buff u'll see how interesting our class is ^.^
    Last edited by Tom Pham; 02-19-2011 at 10:27 AM.

Shadow Titanium
    Quote Originally Posted by LєthalHeart View Post
    high hp
    high def
    high attack
    CD/CR built in skills
    high def rate
    high attack rate
    highly customizable
    beast buffs, low cooldowns

^^i just told you the pros because i cant think of any cons of bl
    high hp? yea pretty high but just not as high as WA
    high def? yea way better than range class, but in melee class FS>WA>BL
    high attack? WA's got the same attack with redosm weapon while a BL has 2hand forcy+11
    high def/attack rate? this one is true but not real, is not like u can miss in combo
    highly customizable? LOL really expensive to build one >_>
    beast buffs? LOL, dont make me laugh...comparing cdi and rate buff ?? Yea maybe in the 25secs we are if shorts are allowed! LOL
    CD/CR built in skills? its nice having that, but not all skills.How bout skills that have 100%cdi or 50% cdi and 90% down and stuns ? check out the +attack of LS and BS. Dont forget they 1range+Slow skill.

Only pros: Easiest to play/pve/lvling class. Cool looking.
    Crushing blow in war is ridiculous! it does 6dmg on a WA with bm

Cons: LOL forget bout it, If there's a heavy range skill like Semic wave for BL/ or a 20% up CDI long buff, all cons will be acceptable!
    AGREE??
    Last edited by tsjay; 03-12-2011 at 09:14 AM.

great in everything that you could think of
    except at Nwar they su.ck Big time prolly cos they got the shortest range

-=sFS=-
    -=Stormy Officer=-
    -=Knight of Passion=-

Banned
    when it comes to solo dungeons and bosses they r pro but free style/war/pk they I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥ cuz of range

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Pham View Post
    Do this in a small tunnel with tons of Caps (i'm proc ftw =P)
    +NW flee rate pot,NW defrate pot+flee rate buff+100% resis buff u'll see how interesting our class is ^.^
    That is fun to do, however think twice about trying to do that on a res tower in a med base.
    For me the stupid guard gets in my way so dang often that I'd be better off not retargeting (res towers have tricky hitboxes).

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast