Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch

Thread: cabal crashing

cabal crashing

idk why but cabal keeps crashes once in a while. I was in port lux and out of no where it crashed to desktop. it doesn't happen that often but usually does it when i leave it over night for skilling or shop or randomly while im playing. I usually wake up and its crossed out when i leave it over night. I never have msn or any of that running. i have avira and i have the guard disabled. not running game booster or google chrome.(my game also gets an error everything i open it with google chrome, firefox is fine.) I know that sometimes i happens because i open vlc player open for music and firefox + cabal so it slows down a little, goes to not responding and sometimes crashes and sometimes goes back to normal. But when i think about it, i dont have firefox or vlc open overnight so it shouldn't cross out then. In the beginning it was fine. from the time i got it(week or so)the loading time has also slowed down. from channel to channel, joining the server or going from place to place.

thks

Have you tried re-installing from a clean source, like a freshly downloaded copy of cabal? It might resolve some of the issues if its anything to do with corrupt .exe or game files, dunno bout program incompatibility, ive never had prob running w/ firefox or vlc. But ive heard quite a few people who used to mention google chrome, Ive never tried avira. also with the guard disabled im assuming the proccess/service is still running in the background, and could still cause problems; although ive never used it so i couldnt say for sure, good luck i guess
    wa (unbanned) ||| other wa (r.i.p)
    Bot Mutiny?! ||| wiz (r.i.p.)
    noob WI (r.i.p.) ||| Yuan

If your using Avira I suggest switching. About a year ago Avira started having conflicts with Xtrap, game guard and other game security programs. AVG is pretty much the same way and both are outdated. ATM I would recomment avast, Microsoft essentials or I hate to say it Norton. A fresh install of the client may help but currently sinse the last MA a good portion of the community is having lag issues which in turn is causing alot if cabal.exe crash problems.

ima try and get the latest avast and i downloaded the game from cabal.com don't think it was corrupt. gonna leave it over night again now and c how it goes in the morning. the server im right now not does not have many people and barely any in my area where im skilling.
    graphic process is running almost at full but fluctuating up and down a little so it seems to be running fine. i don't think it should have any problems, but just incase it decides to quit because it need more power form the computer, i put all the settings on 1(low).
    Last edited by Zheme; 01-11-2011 at 08:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zheme View Post
    ima try and get the latest avast and i downloaded the game from cabal.com don't think it was corrupt. gonna leave it over night again now and c how it goes in the morning. the server im right now not does not have many people and barely any in my area where im skilling.
    graphic process is running almost at full but fluctuating up and down a little so it seems to be running fine. i don't think it should have any problems, but just incase it decides to quit because it need more power form the computer, i put all the settings on 1(low).
    yea, with some pcs; problems with memory or harddrive issues, can cause a recently downloaded installer to fail integrity check. My problem of cabal closing to desktop with no messages ended after downloading fresh copy and reinstalling... cant hurt to switch up av as well, might beable to figure it out relatively easy.
    wa (unbanned) ||| other wa (r.i.p)
    Bot Mutiny?! ||| wiz (r.i.p.)
    noob WI (r.i.p.) ||| Yuan