Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Does amp increases critical damage hits? - let's discuss.....

Lightbulb Does amp increases critical damage hits? - let's discuss.....

So I was reading topics, and found someone saying "so basically lapis deathblow is for crits while forcium amp is for non crits"

The way I see it is this : as long as the attack is bigger and bigger, the crit dmg hit will be high indeed. Also with the amp, as long as the amp is higher and higher, it will crit dmg hit high.

Why I think of it this way? Because everyone says amp relies on attack. So it boosts the amount of dmg dealt to a target. Now doing a crit hit on a target WITH a bit of low crit dmg (let's say 100-140%) BUT high amp (let's say around 30-50% amp) will still crit hard, no?

Or amp doesn't boost the dmg when the hit is critical? If it doesn't then this changes alot of things.

Example : let's say you use a completer skill on a mob, with 900 attack and with 120% crit dmg and like 10-15% amp, you do a 2000 critical dmg hit.
    Now same thing but with more amp, with 35% amp, will it still do 2000 crit hit or more than 2000?

What do you think? True of false? Tell your opinions.....

Osmium
    Well 30-50 amp is not really considered high amp. my wiz has 160 cd with 41 amp... And amp does raise your crit dmg but nothing as much as critical dmg would. So your goal is to find a good balance of amp/cd/atk.

Depends on how much cdi you are sacrificing to get that extra amp. you can have an extra 15% amp from your equips, but if youre sacrificing 100% cdi then your crits will definitely be weaker.

SIGMetal
    yep the key word here is balance.
    amp/atk/cr/cd needs a balance
    def/hp needs a balance

having too high of any one stat isnt good

7% amp in suit, gloves, boots and epaulet +6 and 2 bof+2 (non slot) all of that 32% amp
    I have osm blade +10 with 27% cdi. My crystal is weak it's a 36% cdi bluestin +8.
    What should I get for it? amp crystal or db crystal? Without a cdi crystal, my cdi will drop to 142%
    So which one should I get? I'm SFS FULL PVE BUILT. Currently lv 77, going to level up really soon.

rofl why are the other classes giving advice on FS? Honestly FS dont need any more crit dmg. Just get as much amp as you can and CDI for your helm. At higher levels you are going to want to switch to forcium weapons only. If u cant afford amp forcium go for cdi forcium. Switch the bluestin crystal ASAP lol get db lapis or something for now.

Siggy By Rasecx!

Quote Originally Posted by Nanjirou View Post
    rofl why are the other classes giving advice on FS? Honestly FS dont need any more crit dmg. Just get as much amp as you can and CDI for your helm. At higher levels you are going to want to switch to forcium weapons only. If u cant afford amp forcium go for cdi forcium. Switch the bluestin crystal ASAP lol get db lapis or something for now.
    Can't even afford anything you said above. I have stuffs to sell but no one buys. And they are not crap.

Quote Originally Posted by ROFLwiz View Post
    Well 30-50 amp is not really considered high amp. my wiz has 160 cd with 41 amp... And amp does raise your crit dmg but nothing as much as critical dmg would. So your goal is to find a good balance of amp/cd/atk.
    +1
    balance is the key

-=sFS=-
    -=Stormy Officer=-
    -=Knight of Passion=-

RedOsmium
    Don't bother going forcy amp unless its +11 or higher.
    A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others.

Retired (Perussing General Topics or Support)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomshine View Post
    Can't even afford anything you said above. I have stuffs to sell but no one buys. And they are not crap.
    Um at least step up to a Pherystin DB Xtal with dmg in the craft, 7% or higher, doesn't matter the +. Phery xtals require ucms so you can plus it up to 9 or 11 at your leisure. Need more ucms there always LiD to run where they drop like regular

Retired
    Account Passed On

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast