Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch

Thread: Fix your Download Link or check it more

Fix your Download Link or check it more

My friends just got Spy ware and Trojan when he download the game >.>

LOL, what spyware did he receive from downloading the game? ive downloaded it a few times in last month or so, no problems. Its your Anti virus being over-sensitive; treating certain batch-type/runtime files as mailicious code. Want to prove me right? Go grab 20 retail video games, on disc and scan the engines of those games, see how many come back with virus/trojan alerts..
    wa (unbanned) ||| other wa (r.i.p)
    Bot Mutiny?! ||| wiz (r.i.p.)
    noob WI (r.i.p.) ||| Yuan

Quote Originally Posted by sn0wXz View Post
    LOL, what spyware did he receive from downloading the game? ive downloaded it a few times in last month or so, no problems. Its your Anti virus being over-sensitive; treating certain batch-type/runtime files as mailicious code. Want to prove me right? Go grab 20 retail video games, on disc and scan the engines of those games, see how many come back with virus/trojan alerts..
    idk he just told me he got them when he download it

Retired (Perussing General Topics or Support)
    Like Snow stated, just the A/V heuristics AI of the product he has being overly sensitive if he has it set scan after download before saving the file to disc.

Tojan it is detecting is Gamegaurd monitor due to how it is programmed to operate works like a trojan. A few other features of the game might also act like a trojan/spyware hybrid in how they were programmed to report, ping, transmit data back and forth between the client and the server in the installer scripts and such. I've stated in prior posts, this issue been around 2+ more years, it is a false positive warning, thus it is a problem with the A/V solution you have, not game developers. Solutions are to add the installer and final installation directory of Cabal to the A/V exlcusions list to not scan, or get an A/V known to play well with cabal.

Seriously, people use the search forums function more often with Technical problems first before posting, and try posting in the proper section next time :/

Retired
    Account Passed On