Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: BSOD issue

Hybrid View

BSOD issue

I know there is already a thread about this in the Q & A but there's nobody going there... My computer has been BSODing ever since cabal updated to GG last night (not only when running cabal, but whenever I ran anything demanding). I uninstalled Cabal fully about 2-3 hours ago and haven't had any problems still. This is rather annoying because I want to play, but if it means BSODing, it's not worth it.

Core i7 860
    Radeon HD5870
    Corsair 1600 ram 4 gigs

Temperatures on the CPU/Mobo never go over 35C, 45 for the GPU. Windows updates up to date, so are drivers. Thought it was AVG causing this, but people tried uninstalling AVG without results.

Titanium
    Programs like GameGuard are notorious for causing issues because of programs it think aren't legit. You have probably already tried this so I'm sorry if I sound condescending but someone has to ask: have you tried shutting down more than AVG? Plenty of things can interfere with GameGuard, so shutdown all processes except those that are required. If the game works, you know it's a suspect program and not a hardware/OS issue.
    14x FB
    Guild: Strangeland
    Server: Venus

All the programs that I have running are what I use at all times (im software, steam, firefox). These are the things that ever gamer can be expected to run, and shouldn't interfere with GG. And there is no way I'm going to go through the taskmanager shutting down each process that I don't know about. Thanks for the suggestion, but there are way too many people affected by this right now.

BSOD = blue screen of death. If you don't know what that is, just google it, easier than explaining it.

Titanium
    Quote Originally Posted by Berserk_Fury View Post
    All the programs that I have running are what I use at all times (im software, steam, firefox). These are the things that ever gamer can be expected to run, and shouldn't interfere with GG. And there is no way I'm going to go through the taskmanager shutting down each process that I don't know about. Thanks for the suggestion, but there are way too many people affected by this right now.

BSOD = blue screen of death. If you don't know what that is, just google it, easier than explaining it.
    In that case, what's your operating system? Stuff like that will help me narrow down searches.
    14x FB

get new AntiVirus. AVG is kinda outdated from what i hear.... like Spybot

what does your BSOD said?
    Rixuel | Returned Lvl 17X Force Blader

I didnt ask for the meaning of BSOD... but the error you got
    Rixuel | Returned Lvl 17X Force Blader

Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit

0x0000001E
    0xFFFFFFFFC0000047
    0xFFFFF80002AF47F8
    0x0000000000000000
    0x00000000000000FF

I'm running Windows 7 Professional x64, and apparently from what I've read about GG so far, many other games that used GameGuard including Maplestory and AION were getting BSODs as well.

Right now I have no idea what to do anymore; I uninstalled AVG -> still has BSOD. Turned off Punkbuster, Hamachi, iPod services... still BSOD. Luckily it doesn't seem to have spilled over into other programs for me, but this is getting ridiculous. It's bad enough that I agreed to install what basically is a rootkit onto my PC, but at least I would have liked for it to function properly, instead of Blue screening everytime I run Cabal.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfancore View Post
    I'm running Windows 7 Professional x64, and apparently from what I've read about GG so far, many other games that used GameGuard including Maplestory and AION were getting BSODs as well.

Right now I have no idea what to do anymore; I uninstalled AVG -> still has BSOD. Turned off Punkbuster, Hamachi, iPod services... still BSOD. Luckily it doesn't seem to have spilled over into other programs for me, but this is getting ridiculous. It's bad enough that I agreed to install what basically is a rootkit onto my PC, but at least I would have liked for it to function properly, instead of Blue screening everytime I run Cabal.
    Yeah, I just got done reinstalling, then it seemed to be working fine until I went on cash shop and bought a BB+ and then I got the BSOD again. It'd be helpful if EST would even reply to my help desk about this.

Titanium
    Alfan, I'm running Windows 7 Professional x64 as well and haven't had any issues. Did Cabal work at some point after you did your account transfer or has it been BSOD'ing since the moment you installed GG? (that's also directed at Berserk)
    14x FB

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast