Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: download.dll error

download.dll error

See the attachment. I love not being able to update. I had the error mentioned in the sticky, eng_imgrepository.dll error. I fixed the problem using the "husky" shortcut trick. This week I went to reinstall after maintenance (since that also fixes the problem) and when it went to start the launcher to receive the update, I got the error in the attachment. Disabling my AV (Trend Micro) and restarting my comp did absolutely nothing. I sent a ticket into the Help Desk and it's been 48 hours and still no response, so I decided that posting on the forums might yield quicker results (can't help being impatient).
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    See the attachment. I love not being able to update. I had the error mentioned in the sticky, eng_imgrepository.dll error. I fixed the problem using the "husky" shortcut trick. This week I went to reinstall after maintenance (since that also fixes the problem) and when it went to start the launcher to receive the update, I got the error in the attachment. Disabling my AV (Trend Micro) and restarting my comp did absolutely nothing. I sent a ticket into the Help Desk and it's been 48 hours and still no response, so I decided that posting on the forums might yield quicker results (can't help being impatient).
    for starters goto properties in your service tab, (ctrl alt delete, then services tab) and click properties on your anti virus service, click disable manual start, so it wont automatically start, or turn on. then restart, start the launcher, husky just bypasses the update, it wont let you in if your not matchin the servers version requirements.

thats just in respect to your anti virus, as simply turning it off in control panel of the program does nothing. its still attached to windows kernel and other processes running. once you disable the service you should beable to tell if it was related to your AV at all by seeing if the problem still occurs. since you reinstalled, deleting a update file wont help, what operating system are you on, and is it 32 or 64bit?
    wa (unbanned) ||| other wa (r.i.p)
    Bot Mutiny?! ||| wiz (r.i.p.)
    noob WI (r.i.p.) ||| Yuan

32 Bit. I don't understand how that's related though I hate not knowing how to fix this on my own :S

32 Bit. I don't understand how that's related though I hate not knowing how to fix this on my own :S
    well its just to cover disabling of the AV if you could rule that out as the problem for that file, seeing as how you already re-installed? i was going to say go into the folder in your cabal directory called launcher, and delete the download.dll file, then relaunch it should replace that file automatically.. but again reinstalling kinda defeats that purpose..you think it woulda been fine without needing to delete it..

did this just happen all the sudden?? what did u do to fix the other error you were getting...because anti virus could be whats causing that .dll files' instability

disabling the anti virus service in services tab then trying the file would be something i personally would have tried..

also removing husky from shortcut cmd line...
    Last edited by sn0wXz; 03-23-2011 at 06:46 PM.

I have an error that forces me to bypass the launcher and get right into the game. The launcher is what I need though. Usually when I reinstall I'm able to open the launcher to update, then after that it no longer works, however, after this week's m/a, doing that no longer works and I can't even get the launcher opened after reinstallation. This actually confuses me because I don't see how maintenance would change my ability to open the launcher. And yes, I did try deleting the file and reopening cabal. It just creates a new file then has another error with the brand new one. I don't even know what to try. Right now I'm waiting to finish downloading the client again because I figure maybe some of my files were corrupted. Also I run Vista, if that helps any.

I have an error that forces me to bypass the launcher and get right into the game. The launcher is what I need though. Usually when I reinstall I'm able to open the launcher to update, then after that it no longer works, however, after this week's m/a, doing that no longer works and I can't even get the launcher opened after reinstallation. This actually confuses me because I don't see how maintenance would change my ability to open the launcher. And yes, I did try deleting the file and reopening cabal. It just creates a new file then has another error with the brand new one. I don't even know what to try. Right now I'm waiting to finish downloading the client again because I figure maybe some of my files were corrupted. Also I run Vista, if that helps any.
    ok, try adding cabalmain.exe and update.exe to your exclusion list in your AV software if your not going to manually disable the service, because just turning it off might be causing this problem.

youll kno for sure if you download the fresh client and its still happening, i would then focus on your anti virus configuration, and also any short cuts, or residual files in cabal folder deleted. i dont kno how it can bypass launcher manually without anyone typing husky in cmd line thas a first i heard of that lol, nuts

also with vista: make sure user account control is turned off, that can cause problems with some dll files as well in certain situations where anti viruses are installed.

Quote Originally Posted by sn0wXz View Post
    ok, try adding cabalmain.exe and update.exe to your exclusion list in your AV software if your not going to manually disable the service, because just turning it off might be causing this problem.

youll kno for sure if you download the fresh client and its still happening, i would then focus on your anti virus configuration, and also any short cuts, or residual files in cabal folder deleted. i dont kno how it can bypass launcher manually without anyone typing husky in cmd line thas a first i heard of that lol, nuts

also with vista: make sure user account control is turned off, that can cause problems with some dll files as well in certain situations where anti viruses are installed.
    Lol the husky thing is a modification on a cabalmain.exe shortcut that lets you skip launcher. And yeah I'll remember to turn user account control off, it says it's a security risk to leave it on but I don't see the point to it.

Lol the husky thing is a modification on a cabalmain.exe shortcut that lets you skip launcher. And yeah I'll remember to turn user account control off, it says it's a security risk to leave it on but I don't see the point to it.
    yea i know the argument husky is to skip launcher, but you said "I have an error that forces me to bypass the launcher and get right into the game. The launcher is what I need though.";

i was just getting the impression you were saying you didnt know why it was skipping the launcher....lol anyway im sure with AV configuration you should beable to solve this problem considering you have that fresh source installer available....it rules out the possibility of a corrupted file, even though it auto downloads that file everytime u delete it so basically theres no way to be stuck in a loop with a corrupted file unless that server giving you the download was corrupt, which isnt the case because it would be a wider spread problem.

probably AV/windows problem

Quote Originally Posted by sn0wXz View Post

i was just getting the impression you were saying you didnt know why it was skipping the launcher....lol anyway im sure with AV configuration you should beable to solve this problem considering you have that fresh source installer available....it rules out the possibility of a corrupted file, even though it auto downloads that file everytime u delete it so basically theres no way to be stuck in a loop with a corrupted file unless that server giving you the download was corrupt, which isnt the case because it would be a wider spread problem.

probably AV/windows problem
    I know why, and yeah, I'll see what happens by tomorrow, once I've done more trial and error (gonna let the game finish DL'ing overnight).

yep

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast