Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: BSOD issue

Quote Originally Posted by Slickv3 View Post
    I know right now soon as i state this people are going to be like "$#@#$@#%".

But let me put it simple. I'm using Norton Anti-Virus 2008. It's updated, and i have never once had a problem out of it. Never gotten a virus, or suffered problems with games. So whoever wants to bash norton go ahead lol. But I've never had a single problem with it. Plus i can get 3 Yrs free without spending $300 freaking dollars on it. :P
    What does this have absolutely anything to do with this thread?

Red-Osmium
    Quote Originally Posted by Berserk_Fury View Post
    What does this have absolutely anything to do with this thread?
    he was jus high

Banned
    People that say they're high online are so annoying.... what's the point of getting ripped when you're alone?

Quote Originally Posted by Bowkill View Post
    Wow lmao who would have thought it was your mouse...... I was way off xD but I'm glad you guys figured out the issue. (and what are the odds you would be using the same mouse..........)
    Even though you were off, I still wanted to thank you for helping. It was nice to have someone give extra ideas.

Titanium
    anytime man
    14x FB
    Guild: Strangeland
    Server: Venus

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    BSOD's are caused by far more than just hardware read failures. They are also caused by software conflicts, including interaction with the OS, and that includes the drivers and processes that are hardware specific, and spontaneous glitches. The two laptops that are supposedly identical aren't necessarily so just because they are the same make and model but only 0.2GHz different in speed. But, even if they are identical, differences in loaded software, BIOS version, drivers, etc... can affect what exactly is running in the system. Since it seems to be mostly related to those running Win7, and to a lesser extent Vista, it must be something to do with the way GG is interacting with those systems (to state the obvious). The two with similar laptops (or anyone with a similar situation) should compare their systems and see what differences allow one to run Cabal and the other not.

Now, above all that, since people are saying GG was fixed for the EU,... then why the heck wouldn't they use that version for the NA Cabal?! Isn't that a no brainer?

Luckily, I have had no ongoing issues, but I'm running XP Pro 32 bit and use firefox for webbing on both desktops, soc. 423 Pentium 4 2.0GHz 768MB RRDRAM and soc. 754 AMD Sempron 2600+ (1.8GHz) 1GB DDR2, and my ASUS Netbook with Atom 1.6GHz 1GB DDR2. My account setup, verification, and transfer with everything intact went reasonably well, with a couple minor hiccups along the way. I think we all need to be a little patient as this sort of undertaking is a lot more complex than many realize. I know we all want to get back to playing Cabal asap but negotiations with OGP broke down only a few weeks ago and EST had to ramp up rather quickly. Lets give them a chance to flush out all the bugs and get up to speed... and for heavens sake, get that working EU version of GG ported in NA! Sorry if that's already the case and some other issue, like differences in the basic OS structure for NA is the problem. Leave it to MS to give us more issues to deal with.
    Glad to see someone else has half a clue about how computers actually work. You must work in the industry like me. I was all set to jump in and correct the ignorance-based suggestions about memory and hard disk and saw that you answered it quite nicely.
    Also nice that someone besides me can write a clear and grammatical sentence.

The fact is, GG is screwed up because that is the single thing that has changed on my machine since I started locking up. I don't blue-screen, but it acts like it is suspending/hibernating and sometimes requires hard reset to get back.

Quote Originally Posted by nunja View Post
    Glad to see someone else has half a clue about how computers actually work. You must work in the industry like me. I was all set to jump in and correct the ignorance-based suggestions about memory and hard disk and saw that you answered it quite nicely.
    Also nice that someone besides me can write a clear and grammatical sentence.

The fact is, GG is screwed up because that is the single thing that has changed on my machine since I started locking up. I don't blue-screen, but it acts like it is suspending/hibernating and sometimes requires hard reset to get back.
    If you screen just goes plain black, that happened to me the first night after installing GG. I don't know why it was just going black, but after I replaced my GPU drivers in the morning it changed from going black to BSOD. I don't know if you noticed or if you are using a razer mouse, but if you do, try uninstalling the drivers for it and use the default windows drivers. If that doesn't help I am afraid your problem is different from the people in this thread.

Gamegaurd worked perfectly fine for me until its last update, which now causes my computer to crash for several different reasons (it seems to randomly change which one it is). I've looked up the error codes and have tried to fix it, but to no avail. I even manually updated every driver on my computer to see if that would help, but sadly it did not.

From what I've read and researched it actually seems to be a kernal conflict somewhere in my system.

I have a Toshiba Tablet XP system and it has worked for this game until recently. I have looked at all the processes that run and nothing has changed since before it started messing it up.

I did try to look up in microsoft's support section about debugging and I need Windows Drive Kit to open the minidump files, but the problem is that my computer is saying that it can't verify that the download was from microsoft so i can't install it to look at the specific causes of the crash, which in turn would lead me one step closer to fixing it hopefully.

This page has had 35,723 visits (Retired)
    My FB Guide
    Contact me for anything for the wiki: [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by Valdoroth View Post
    Gamegaurd worked perfectly fine for me until its last update, which now causes my computer to crash for several different reasons (it seems to randomly change which one it is). I've looked up the error codes and have tried to fix it, but to no avail. I even manually updated every driver on my computer to see if that would help, but sadly it did not.

From what I've read and researched it actually seems to be a kernal conflict somewhere in my system.

I have a Toshiba Tablet XP system and it has worked for this game until recently. I have looked at all the processes that run and nothing has changed since before it started messing it up.

I did try to look up in microsoft's support section about debugging and I need Windows Drive Kit to open the minidump files, but the problem is that my computer is saying that it can't verify that the download was from microsoft so i can't install it to look at the specific causes of the crash, which in turn would lead me one step closer to fixing it hopefully.
    What keyboard and mouse are you using?

its a laptop, so um for the keyboard: TOSHIBA Tablet PC Buttons Type N This is the location of it as for the name i have no clue.
    the mouse is a logitech cordless optical mouse i got for like $10 from Wal-mart. Its never had problems in the past though.

And I figured out why WDK wouldnt install, and that's bcs although it does support windows service pack 3, it does not support windows tablet edition lol. 7 hours of stuff for nothing ></
    Last edited by Valdoroth; 05-18-2010 at 09:04 PM. Reason: typo fix

This page has had 35,723 visits (Retired)
    My FB Guide
    Contact me for anything for the wiki: [email protected]

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast