Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: BSOD issue

If anyone is still checking this thread, is this issue still going on or has it been resolved? I ask because I have just recently started encountering this problem...I know it's not because of my mouse as the only mice I have installed are my default touchpad (I'm running on an ASUS G5 laptop), the ASUS mouse that came with the computer, and the mobile Air mouse that allows you to use an iPhone or iPod touch as a computer mouse, none of which I believe are the problem as this problem only started a few days ago (Mind you I haven't played in about a month), and they were installed before this problem started and weren't causing issues. I think I've rambled enough after my original question ^^; Anyway, thank you in advance for any updates on this.

Edit: I just tested Rappelz, which also uses GameGuard and it's fine....So I can only assume that if the problem is GG related, Rappelz uses a different version...And since they've both been installed since only days after I got this computer running, I don't think they're conflicting....
    Last edited by KooriKasumi; 06-24-2010 at 03:06 PM.

I resolved mine by upgrading to windows 7, but I think it was because I had a win32 file for my tablet conflicting with gameguard. Other than that I really am not sure.

This page has had 35,723 visits (Retired)
    My FB Guide
    Contact me for anything for the wiki: [email protected]

I've got Windows 7...Came with the computer... I suppose I'm just going to have to wait for GG to get updated for Cabal?

Oh, I've done some testing and sometimes it will be hours before it BSODs, sometimes only a few minutes... Not that that's helpful..

Banned
    idk if u r all still havin this prob or not but i started having it after a recent update and i simple did a defrag and fixed it all. seems cabal.exe is full of defragmented files when u 1st download it so best to do a defrag right afterwards(maybe even after each update, GMs cant seem to have files organized), and can always open cabal and do a check files afterwards for better results.

hope this helps, worked fine for me afterwards.

but ya i dont think it has to do with GG at all, just cabal.exe

Thanks Cronic, I am actually still having the problem, but it's occurance is lessened lately. Though the chances of the problem occuring seem to be directly linked to how long my computer has been running, my knowledge of computers is unfortunately too limited for me to understand the coralation. Less time is a higher chance. I will certainly try defragging though. Will post any resulting changes.

And sorry for the major delay in the reply, I only recently started playing again....

Update. My computer defrags every Wednesday at 1:00am

So, I don't think that's the problem...

THIS IS STILL A PROBLEM!!!! but what i dont get is this has been a problem for a long time now and i personally think it is b/c cabal having gameguard nprotect with it other mmorpgs dont have this problem and the DONT have gameguard im so sick of this

Yeah, I know... What's odd is that Cabal is the only game that's been having this issue for me, and I have a bunch of Gamegaurd games....

At least it's the only one I've noticed it with...

Titanium
    Right in the middle of Nowhere. It's pretty quiet here.
    This is weird. I have NEVER gotten a BSOD on this computer before, and I have had it for about five years. The other day I got a BSOD involving CABAL. It only happened the one time, but I am looking into possible causes and solutions. I will get back to you guys if I find something.

~Sicon112
    Joint Head of the Unofficial Forum Tech Support Team

Well Im having the same problem and I've tried countless solutions with no success, I'll keep trying different things and let everyone know if I find the problem.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast