Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: BSOD issue

Yup I tried re-downloading the whole client. Closed every program that I was running and still BSODed.

Titanium
    You try running it in administrator and different compatibility modes? (That's more than likely not the problem but it doesn't hurt to check.)
    14x FB
    Guild: Strangeland
    Server: Venus

Running cabal itself as an admin won't make it do that for GG, and I don't know of a way to run GG as admin.

I just realized that it can't be the OS causing this either. I have win 7 ultimate 64 bit on my laptop as well and I can run the game just fine on there. Now I'm completely clueless what could be causing this.

Titanium
    Check your pm's (in case you don't get a popup notification when you refresh the page) Berserk.
    14x FB

Quote Originally Posted by Bowkill View Post
    Alfan, I'm running Windows 7 Professional x64 as well and haven't had any issues. Did Cabal work at some point after you did your account transfer or has it been BSOD'ing since the moment you installed GG? (that's also directed at Berserk)
    Yeah it worked fine for me when the game was still using Xtrap, but after I installed GameGuard it just started BSODing every single time. I then deleted Cabal, downloaded the client again from this website and installed it, same thing as well, BSODs. =(

I can't run GG as an administrator because it's not a .exe, it's technically a rootkit that embeds itself into the system files and simply connects to the game.
    Last edited by Alfancore; 04-02-2010 at 05:07 PM.

Didn't work.

I compared my taskmanager with a friend that is having the same problem. The only non-OS processes we shared were for ATI GPU drivers.
    Last edited by Berserk_Fury; 04-02-2010 at 05:13 PM.

I've been reading that it might be an issue with the version of GameGuard, I dunno if the ESTsoft guys have the latest version or not but this is definitely one heck of a headache.

What I also found interesting that Cabal doesn't have to be on the entire time for the BSOD to appear. All I have to do is run Cabal, log on, then immediately close it. Then after a few minutes of doing things it automatically goes BSOD. My PC will not BSOD if Cabal has not run, but it will after it has been loaded at least once.
    Last edited by Alfancore; 04-02-2010 at 05:34 PM.

Titanium
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfancore View Post
    I've been reading that it might be an issue with the version of GameGuard, I dunno if the ESTsoft guys have the latest version or not but this is definitely one heck of a headache.

What I also found interesting that Cabal doesn't have to be on the entire time for the BSOD to appear. All I have to do is run Cabal, log on, then immediately close it. Then after a few minutes of doing things it automatically goes BSOD. My PC will not BSOD if Cabal has not run, but it will after it has been loaded at least once.
    This kinda sounds like a memory problem. Wonder if specific ram types don't play nice with GG o_O?
    14x FB

I use corsair 1600 ram (4 gigs)

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast