Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: BSOD issue

Quote Originally Posted by SkyAlpha View Post
    so ur saying ur mouse is causing dat prob =.=
    No I'm saying that gameguard is garbage and was causing BSOD because it doesn't like that my mouse's driver had macro capabilities (which were blocked in xtrap btw).

disable the macro capabilities? :P
    Rixuel | Returned Lvl 17X Force Blader

I never had them enabled. I just said that it has macro capabilities.

Red-Osmium
    Quote Originally Posted by Berserk_Fury View Post
    I never had them enabled. I just said that it has macro capabilities.
    my mouse has macro capabilities and its working fine

BSOD's are caused by far more than just hardware read failures. They are also caused by software conflicts, including interaction with the OS, and that includes the drivers and processes that are hardware specific, and spontaneous glitches. The two laptops that are supposedly identical aren't necessarily so just because they are the same make and model but only 0.2GHz different in speed. But, even if they are identical, differences in loaded software, BIOS version, drivers, etc... can affect what exactly is running in the system. Since it seems to be mostly related to those running Win7, and to a lesser extent Vista, it must be something to do with the way GG is interacting with those systems (to state the obvious). The two with similar laptops (or anyone with a similar situation) should compare their systems and see what differences allow one to run Cabal and the other not.

Now, above all that, since people are saying GG was fixed for the EU,... then why the heck wouldn't they use that version for the NA Cabal?! Isn't that a no brainer?

Luckily, I have had no ongoing issues, but I'm running XP Pro 32 bit and use firefox for webbing on both desktops, soc. 423 Pentium 4 2.0GHz 768MB RRDRAM and soc. 754 AMD Sempron 2600+ (1.8GHz) 1GB DDR2, and my ASUS Netbook with Atom 1.6GHz 1GB DDR2. My account setup, verification, and transfer with everything intact went reasonably well, with a couple minor hiccups along the way. I think we all need to be a little patient as this sort of undertaking is a lot more complex than many realize. I know we all want to get back to playing Cabal asap but negotiations with OGP broke down only a few weeks ago and EST had to ramp up rather quickly. Lets give them a chance to flush out all the bugs and get up to speed... and for heavens sake, get that working EU version of GG ported in NA! Sorry if that's already the case and some other issue, like differences in the basic OS structure for NA is the problem. Leave it to MS to give us more issues to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyAlpha View Post
    my mouse has macro capabilities and its working fine
    Cabal has always been picky against razer mice. I remember about a year or so ago xtrap used to get in the way so much, if I had cabal running I couldn't use the back and forward buttons on my mouse to go back and forward in firefox. I guess GG took it one step higher completely crashing your computer with the drivers.

Also the friend of mine that has almost identical laptop to mine also uses a deathadder mouse. So when he gets on later if deleting the drivers works for him as well, we'll know for sure.

i was lost at the first page on this thread T.T

Name After Merge xAshes
    Venus---Blader---Ronin

Quote Originally Posted by Berserk_Fury View Post
    Hey Alfancore, what mouse do you use?

I uninstalled the driver for my razer deathadder mouse, and so far I've been running fine. I'll post again if I still BSOD.
    OMG.....

I have the same mouse. I just uninstalled the drivers and... no more BSOD.

This is ridiculous.

Titanium
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfancore View Post
    OMG.....

I have the same mouse. I just uninstalled the drivers and... no more BSOD.

This is ridiculous.
    Wow lmao who would have thought it was your mouse...... I was way off xD but I'm glad you guys figured out the issue. (and what are the odds you would be using the same mouse..........)
    14x FB
    Guild: Strangeland
    Server: Venus

I know right now soon as i state this people are going to be like "$#@#$@#%".

But let me put it simple. I'm using Norton Anti-Virus 2008. It's updated, and i have never once had a problem out of it. Never gotten a virus, or suffered problems with games. So whoever wants to bash norton go ahead lol. But I've never had a single problem with it. Plus i can get 3 Yrs free without spending $300 freaking dollars on it. :P

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast