Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Confusion (help if u can)

thanks for the replies guys , its not that i need the game to hold my hand with the lvl up req its that the system is all over the place, im used to games where ur gears req is its req regardless of upgrade lvl and all gear has the same req example being i guess maplestory for a theif you need 10 dex per 10 lvls after lvl 40 the rest in luk , im used to following a more structured build system so i get confused here.

i would never buy a pre made char that takes the point out of playing the game for me . Ok i think im alright now but im still a bit vexed , im used to more structure is all , I wont wear osmium armor set i know its "better" but i prefer my jobs gear and i dont pvp so i dont really care about that whole "best fb build" ppl mention. i use katana,orb,battle sets .
    Take my hand ...It all begins here

Retired (Perussing General Topics or Support)
    Um, even in PvE OSM is still a good set of gears.

Sword Class Like Sword FS, Blade and Crystal for extra base attack even against mobs, Katana/Orb is a Magic FB choice.

Check the AH, look at the Stats of a an OSM Battle and Blades and Lapis/Topaz double slots +9 and write down the stats for each so you know what to get to as you go, Blade and Crystal stats use the FS stats as your base they'll be pretty close to FB in STR, DEX, INT (Primary Stat, Secondary Stat, Tertiary Stat) Reqs you will need. STR for a PvE sFB like sFS gives more attack to damage mobs, more Defense, and a little more HP. Will still need sword amp in your suit, gloves, and boots, crit rate and damage in your deathblow helm, blade, crystal. Until you get to the point to wear extortion bracelets and vamp earings, 2x force absorb rings, 2x RoL+1 or +2, maybe a vamp helm and boots until you get up to bracelets/earings, vamp ammy higher the plus you can get. Not much distinguishes a PvE over a PvP build other than the accessories in the final build as you will still need the higher damage output to kill mobs off faster and get good vamp draw back to auto-heal better so you are not dropping every 2 mob hit spikes and such.

hth.

Retired
    Account Passed On

K im still lost here , ive been researching future equips trying to see what im clearly not seeing, this is what ive found
    The patern im seeing is that by getting he req for my SUIT i will be able to equip the other parts of the set, gloves boots, helm ,etc and using crystals instead of orbs ill be able to equip those to (to save my sanity) then i look at weapons and theres the annoyance again cause the weapon of the same rank needs the SAME dex as my suit needs STR and INT, so it seems to me that the ideal way to go about this would be to just have all 3 stats dead even , example being

Aramid battle suit needs Str 83 , Int 83 and Dex 62 , which allows me to equip all the other parts gloves and etc
    The Shadow steel katana needs 83 str, 62 int and 83dex
    So would it not just be best to keep it all even , or am i missing something the only other way i can see to do this is by either have good armor and a less good weapon or a decent armor and a good weapon which tbh is total nonsense whoever set this crap up is sadistic .

The site even says reccomended stat allocation as 4str 4 int 4 dex like i dont want some ultimate build to be the "best of the best" or anything, im a simple guy i just wanna quest and kill monsters i just want whatever is the regular standard allocation , think of it like maple story (i know common refernce with me ) you got the general population who make their theif dexless (for obvious reasons) or ppl who make theirs Str build for more dmg and then you have me i just use the regular dex luk build,so is that what the site reccomendation is ?
    Last edited by Wolvas; 02-08-2011 at 11:42 PM.
    Take my hand ...It all begins here

Banned
    Huhehe

Retired (Perussing General Topics or Support)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolvas View Post
    K im still lost here , ive been researching future equips trying to see what im clearly not seeing, this is what ive found...
    Yeah, I completely understand about making it simplistic and trying to do that -_^

I understand you are sounding like below Titanium/Shadow Titanium/Pherystin/Aqua tier equips 60-75ish or so??

For an FB/FS (you got really 2 builds you can go as they pretty much both the same in stat requirements, especially PvE wise)

Option 1

Basic Build, this just like a PvP/Pk/War build, or Strength (Sword sFB/sFS) build, put only what you need for your equipment for Dex and Int, after that all the rest of your 5 stat points per level go into Str, extract pots use on Int and Dex to minimum requirements for your final gear build. Any equip that doesn't have an FB stat (Crystals/Blades) use the FS requirements, thus for a +9 Topaz Crystal or Red Osmium Blade Dex requirement of 204 or 214 whatever, that is the minimum points you will have for Dex and Same goes for Int, so what ever you have in surplus will be going to Str. Once you hit Osmium/Lapis tier you can start forgetting about Vampire Crafted Helms, Boots, Gloves, and Suits, especially once you get your Honor Rank up to about Level 8, because you'll need the honor rank to start wearing certain earings and bracelets. Above lvl 100 (transcender) this is really important, even though you are PvE, higher damage output equals higher vampire draw back from your gears which helps you survive longer and withstand massive mob damage spikes when they not in knockdown/stun lock.

2nd option is basically a Hybrid, just you reverse higher Str for Dex, thus meet minimum equip stat for Str, rest into Dex. Where Str gives not only base damage, it gives a few more points every certain point level for HP and Defense (say example every 3 Str gives 1 more Hp and 1 Def), Dex gives higher Defense Rate and Attack Rate, with say example again every 5 Dex adds 1 pt to Defense, 3 Defense Rate, and 2 Attack Rate. ((Example Figures not really accurate but giving you the principle behind what the Stat pts will do)). Either of the 2 builds will work, Build 1 though it is easier to go to NW with and do pretty decent just to get War Exp to exchange for Honor Points, up to about lvl 8 Honor will do you pretty good for earings/bracelets you will need, then you can forget about doing NW if you want, otherwise you will doing a heck of a lot of Plate of Honor Quests to build up your Honor Rank which is slow as heck.

I suggest build 1 because just a change of Rings, Amulets, Earings, and Bracelets basically switches you from PvE to PvP for NW and not really heavily expensive a basic build.

Some Equipment Suggestions for a PvE FB that will go to NW occasionally but not religiously and still do decent in both.

Helm- Osmium Battle of Deathblow Double Slot 10-16% Critical Damage in Craft. (First Slot try to random and get lucky to get Crit Rate in this slot, mess up they are not as expensive as Armor Set, and if you get lucky to get an Slot Extender High, Extend the helm if you get rate in it, Critical Damage into the Second slot. Unextended it will be 5% Rate, 20-26% Damage, Extended 7% Rate, 36-40% Damage). +6, 9, 11, 13, 15 if you want, +6 or 9 probably comfortable spot for most ppl.
    Suit- Until you can afford a Crafted Amp Osmium Battle Suit Double Slot with 7% Sword Skill Amp in the craft, Uncrafted Osmium Battle Suit Double Slot with 7% Sword Amp in first slot and 50 Hp in 2nd slot will go a long way, + on it, same as helm above. Crafted Version, HP into the Slots.
    Gloves- These no matter how you go will be expensive, Start with a pair of +9 if you can afford them, +6 if not, otherwise hope for them to drop from LiD and plus them up yourself, Shadow Titanium Gloves (FB) with 7% Sword Amp in the slot. Later you can look into saving up for a pair of single or double slot Crafted Osmium Battle Gloves with 7% S.amp in the craft, you can put Attack, Attack Rate, Defense, or Defense Rate in the slot/slots as you see fit.
    Boots- See Gloves. Osm Battle Boots crafted with Sword Amp 7% single or double slot, HP in the slots.
    Blade- Osmium Deathblow Double Slot 10-16% Damage in Craft, See Helm above for the ideal slotting upgrades. Later a Red Osmium DB if you can find and afford it.
    Crystal-Lapis and/or Topaz, see Helm and Blade again.
    Epaulet- Fighter, especially for PvP, Guardian in PvE if you take to much damage.
    Belt- Belt of Guard (PvP/E), Damp (PvP), Prevent (PvP), or Vital (PvP/E)
    That makes up the base Equipment you will be looking at.

Accessories:

PvP/E Common

Rings
    2X Rings of Luck +1, later when can afford them RoL+2, once you get the Character bound Mergaheph Ring, you'll drop one of these most likely, the Merg Ring gives the same crit rate of 15% like the RoL+2.
    2x Critical Ring +1, later when can afford them Crit Ring +2 for extra Crit Damage (For PvP only pre-extortion bracelets)
    2x Force Absorb Rings, +1 or +2 (+2 preferably when you can wear them, these like vamp gloves/suits, extortion bracelets make vamp gear work, will need max 10-20% total HP/MP steal ea at final build) (PvE)

Amulets
    Amulet of Pain- Keep getting as high as you can and can afford as you go on these (PvP only)
    Vampiric Amulets- Like AoP, keep going higher as you go and can afford (PvE)

Earings
    Vampiric Earings- Keep getting as high as your level and honor rank allow. Increase you HP/MP pull back as well as give more HP stat (PvP/E)
    Force Regeneration Earings- Help regen hp/mp, also gives more HP stat (PvP Mainly, if you don't have an X3 White Astral Board (Cash Shop Item) use these when in PvP/War instead of the Vamp Earings)

Personally I only keep the Vamp Earings on in PvP/E just because of the HP stat up.

Bracelets
    Bracelet of Fighter- These will be for PvP mainly, keep going up in plus as your level/honor allow. Not going full pvp you can stay with the non-slotted ones to stay cheap.
    Extortion Bracelets- Once you start being able to wear these, you can stop wearing force absorb rings as on top of starting the HP/MP draw from mobs, they give a little extra attack boost also, and can start wearing the Crit Rings full time.

Extras if you buy eCoins for the Cash Shop
    K Red Astral Board- PvP is where this is good because of the Crit Rate 3% Crit Damage 10% and Sword/Magic Amp 5% it gives.
    X3 White Board- PvE 2% Ea HP/MP Steal, 20 Max Up HP/MP Ea

Pet
    You can get one of these from Cash Shop if you like or buy 1 from the AH. Probably want to get a final built pet that has couple hp slots, hp/mp steal, hp/mp Max Up, hp/mp regen, max crit rate up, crit rate, crit damage, or sword amp in any combination.

So a upper-middle game to end game setup when you go from PvP to PvE and back you will be only switching out accessories, rings, earings, bracelets, amulets, belt, and if get boards, the board you will use for pvp/pve. Rest of you gear will remain unchanged, with 41-51% Crit Rate, 150-160% Crit Damage, 24-32% Sword Amp.

Good Guide to look into

http://forum.cabal.com/showthread.php?331-Vamp-Guide (For PvE)

Hopefully I got most of what I was trying to portray. Needing anything clarified don't hesitate to leave me a PM back

Also, if you feel Deathblow Helm, Sword, Crystal is to expensive for you at any given time you can always got with rate in the craft and crit damage in slots until you can get a perfectly crafted/slotted DB item as you go. Also note, a PvE build you don't have to race to the level cap, you can take you time at liesure running Lake in Dusk, EoD b1f, Volcanic Citadel (SoD), and FT b1f quite a lot for extra cash. LiD especially, gettting several runs in for about 2-3 hours a day, 20 UCMs say on an average day sold in the AH at 500k ea avg is 10mil, plus 20 FCH sales another 2mil avg, extract pots at 250k ea stack of seven, I most days pull down 25-35mil a day off LiD runs alone when I go serious on them. EoD b1f about 1.5 mil a run from NPC junk, LiD about 750-1mil in NPC junk per 3 runs, SoD depends on your UCH drop output, FT b1f the same on what you can get to drop.

All depends on how serious and often you play on your play spurts
    Last edited by SilverIceForum; 02-09-2011 at 11:07 PM.

Retired
    Account Passed On

i see a ton of people saying to go str..... DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT GO FULL STR.

the attack gain you get from going with str over dex is VERY MINIMAL. however the loss in other places is not. it wont hurt much to get enough str to wear forcy blade, or armor sets, but your main focus should be dex

Dex gives you more def, more def rate, more attack rate, more magic (a big factor in your bm1 stats)

to put it simpler, if you have 100 stats to place. if you put all 100 into str, you will gain 1 more attack than if you were to place all 100 into dex. that increase will not be noticeable at all, and you will lose a considerable amount of everything else you need. especially now that they made dex add more def for fbs.

for right now i would focus on getting 223 str, 223 int, rest dex. those are stats required for osm. if you find a nice blade, get the str for that and youll still be sitting ok. NONE of the good fbs out there will tell you that a str build is a good way to go. since in the long run they will have gained about 6 attack (my fb has 7xx i think dex at 173, 1xx is required for gear leaving about 600 stats left that COULD have gone str) but they will have lost so much more, and have a trash bm1 also.

GO DEX
    Confident: 17x FA

"Put a d*** in their mouth, so i guess it's f*** what they say"

if your fb is in the phase where it's using aramid level gear, you don't need to worry about stats. worry about stat distribution after you've reached dual trans. as bebe said, you get stat bonuses with the completion of your skill rank ups, and reaching dual trans would max out the stat bonuses you'd get from that aspect. silverice basically explains typical set ups to make your fb efficient and what you should be aiming towards as you reach the higher levels. However, in order to wear some accessories such as bracelets and earrings, you're going to have to go pvp/war eventually. the wexp you gain from war, is best used on honor, which has the highest cost/benefit ratio. im not saying honor is unattainable without war, im saying its the quickest way through, which is basically what silverice clarified above. besides if you say you're looking to enjoy the game, you might as well enjoy all aspects of it. pvp and spar, get better, have more fun. =D

what selene mentions is what should you expect to see towards end game and especially coming from an experienced fb, you should definitely take her advice in to consideration.

ultimately what you decide to do will be up to you. tinker around and experience the difference for yourself if you'd like. extract pots can be farmed pretty easily in a variety of dungeons or bought in bulk via the auction house. gluck and if you'd like a second, third, or fourth opinion shoot me a pm in game.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12