Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Crafting/Enchanting System Ideas. Lets make some ideas.

New Crafting/Enchanting System Ideas. Lets make some ideas.

I’m bored so I figured I’d throw out some recommendations here and get some opinions.

Firstly, we need to update the crafting system. At the moment, crafting is pretty much useless with the new dungeons and drops. Seriously, why craft or buy people’s crafts when I can run an IC and get a double slot forcium orb of deathblow. They even drop perfect craft deathblow Topaz. You can even run a Forbidden Island and get Sigmetal Deathblow. Thus, I propose we update the crafting system.

1. When crafting, allow us to use +ed catalysts for a higher success rate. I can’t tell you how annoying it is when I find a 2 slot redosmium greatsword and can’t craft with it because it is +2. A simple solution to this would be to allow us to use the catalysts with an overall higher success rate since it is +ed
    2. If you are unwilling to do 1 give us a core that allows us to make an item + 0. A downgrade core that completely removes all +s at once. Clearly would be a cash shop item since Est is all about the money.
    3. Keep the current requirements of needing certain items for crafting, but instead, use that as the lowest requirement. For example: for mystic gloves crafting, it may require nonslot +3 gloves. Instead of limiting us to strictly that item, allow us to use 1 slot and 2 slot gloves as well, just as long as they are +3 or higher. This allows us to make 1 slot or 2 slot crafts of redosmium and mithril/forcium.
    4. Allow us to craft sigmetal. Just put it as craftable on the same level as redosmium/topaz so people don’t complain about having to go through a new level of weapons/armor.

Now for the force core enchanting system.
    I propose a new level 3 force core enchanting system. This system itself is simple enough. It would require new types of force cores of which can be obtained through sacrificing some valuable weapons/armor.

1. Basically we have a force core for EVERY specific enchant. So a force core of Sword Amp, Crit Rate/Damage, HP Restore, etc.
    2. These cores have specific levels. As in specific to that particular class of item. So certain ones work on shadowsteel alone while others work on redosmium alone. A force core for each specific class of armor and weapon.
    3. Obtaining these force cores would be quite simple, but costly. To obtain a level 3 force core you would have to break down a 2 slot perfect craft item of that class. Now the success rate of obtaining these cores would not be 100%. Instead, the chances of obtaining these cores would depend on the + of the item. Slots would make no difference. Example: I craft a perfect craft osmium deathblow helmet of rate. If I break said helm at +3 the game would tell me I have a 19% chance of obtaining an Osmium Grade Force Core of Rate. With a higher +, say +15, I’d have a 95% success rate in obtaining said Force Core. This force core could then be used to slot rate into any type of Osmium Armor Piece. Weapons would have different Force Cores so you would have to break a PC Lapis/Green Osmium Sword for a Weapon Force Core.

While of course this would make the game easier in a sense, but it would boost the economy and make crafting a worthwhile venture to pursue once again. I am expecting lots of ridicule from this post but hey. I was just throwing this out there.

Discuss/flame away.

Edit: Yeah I posted a whining raging quitting thread. What of it. I'll quit when I quit.

In my huge house that nobody else has here because you're all broke
    Quote Originally Posted by FelixFelice View Post
    At the moment, crafting is pretty much useless with the new dungeons and drops. Seriously, why craft or buy people’s crafts when I can run an IC and get a double slot forcium orb of deathblow. They even drop perfect craft deathblow Topaz. You can even run a Forbidden Island and get Sigmetal Deathblow. Thus, I propose we update the crafting system.
    1. When crafting, allow us to use +ed catalysts for a higher success rate. I can’t tell you how annoying it is when I find a 2 slot redosmium greatsword and can’t craft with it because it is +2. A simple solution to this would be to allow us to use the catalysts with an overall higher success rate since it is +ed
    2. If you are unwilling to do 1 give us a core that allows us to make an item + 0. A downgrade core that completely removes all +s at once. Clearly would be a cash shop item since Est is all about the money.
    nope.avi

I propose a new level 3 force core enchanting system. This system itself is simple enough. It would require new types of force cores of which can be obtained through sacrificing some valuable weapons/armor.

While of course this would make the game easier in a sense, but it would boost the economy and make crafting a worthwhile venture to pursue once again.

Discuss/flame away. Yeah I posted a whining raging quitting thread. What of it. I'll quit when I quit.

It's a good attempt, but come on. 160+ Pages of the whole NA commnity agreeing with you wouldn't change anything.
    Last edited by LɐthalH; 02-08-2011 at 04:59 PM.

Nice Lethal...way to contribute...you are a credit to the human race.

Banned
    Now for the force core enchanting system.

1. Basically we have a force core for EVERY specific enchant. So a force core of Sword Amp, Crit Rate/Damage, HP Restore, etc.
    2. These cores have specific levels. As in specific to that particular class of item. So certain ones work on shadowsteel alone while others work on redosmium alone. A force core for each specific class of armor and weapon.
    3. Obtaining these force cores would be quite simple, but costly. To obtain a level 3 force core you would have to break down a 2 slot perfect craft item of that class. Now the success rate of obtaining these cores would not be 100%. Instead, the chances of obtaining these cores would depend on the + of the item. Slots would make no difference. Example: I craft a perfect craft osmium deathblow helmet of rate. If I break said helm at +3 the game would tell me I have a 19% chance of obtaining an Osmium Grade Force Core of Rate. With a higher +, say +15, I’d have a 95% success rate in obtaining said Force Core. This force core could then be used to slot rate into any type of Osmium Armor Piece. Weapons would have different Force Cores so you would have to break a PC Lapis/Green Osmium Sword for a Weapon Force Core.
    rofl...level 3 force core slotting?,no one even uses level 2 so what makes you think they'll waste their time on level 3?

Banned
    NARD? gdfo this thread kid .

Oh what a feisty retort. Is that any way to confront a contributor of your thread? I'm just trying to help. Like I said, you have "okay" ideas, but you're just preaching to the choir. And some other gots who "troll hard".

Basically we have a force core for EVERY specific enchant.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastan View Post
    rofl...level 3 force core slotting?,no one even uses level 2 so what makes you think they'll waste their time on level 3?
    They'd waste their time with level 3 because it guarantees they get the slot they want as opposed to randoming. Make your own Double or Triple amp weapons. Have a guaranteed chance at slotting rate. I think it's worth it. This keeps crafters happy as they can make money and makes uber strong characters on an already easy game. Everything everyone wants. But then we will come back to complaining about drop rate.

Edit: Take back my comment at you Lethal. I saw a bunch of pics and assumed you were trolling as you usually do. I assumed so that makes me the arse this time.

wall of text, and no. If they don't fix little things what makes you think they'll listen to you? hur hur hur

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckNorris View Post
    wall of text, and no. If they don't fix little things what makes you think they'll listen to you? hur hur hur
    You could have posted that on your other account mat.

Banned
    They'd waste their time with level 3 because it guarantees they get the slot they want as opposed to randoming. Make your own Double or Triple amp weapons. Have a guaranteed chance at slotting rate. I think it's worth it. This keeps crafters happy as they can make money and makes uber strong characters on an already easy game. Everything everyone wants. But then we will come back to complaining about drop rate.
    I already suggested that they should let us use essence runes as level 2 force core catylysts a loooong time ago,it makes no sense to implement a whole new system when we already have one that can just be slightly improved.

Besides,it's trivial now....cabal 2011 is dead compared to cabal 09',globals,hackers and alz buyers have taken it over,why should those scumbags who don't even bother trying end up reaping benefits that legit players deserved but never received?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast