Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch

Thread: when i close cabal, my pc get frezee

Exclamation when i close cabal, my pc get frezee

I can play without any problem, but when i close the game my pc get frezee and i can't move the pointer and i can't use anything... I need to reset my pc. I try to reinstall the game.... I format my pc and install cabal again but the problem still here, anyone can help me?

maybe you need a better computer. that was my problem for a long time. some computers cant handle cabal because the requirements for the game are a little bit higher than usual. go to the main sight and check for the Recommended requirements and see if your computer matches the reccommended not minimum requirements. because with the minimum requirements cabal experiences problems when you play or in your case when your done playing. make sure your requirements are at the recommneded level or above and if thats not the problem contact the help desk.
    <Removed>

Banned
    Windows 98 is out of date.

xd... my pc is better that the RECOMMENDED SPECIFICATION... I played games like aion and perfect world and run well, cabal its ok while I playing, the problem appear when i close it... i cant do anything after this

Quote Originally Posted by Israel Patraca View Post
    xd... my pc is better that the RECOMMENDED SPECIFICATION... I played games like aion and perfect world and run well, cabal its ok while I playing, the problem appear when i close it... i cant do anything after this
    welp, you've officially exceeded my knowledge on things to do. contact the help desk.
    <Removed>

Retired (Perussing General Topics or Support)
    1) Could be a bad sector on your hard drive, possibly where the Virtual Memory (Swap) file is located on the system drive, Start>My Computer Right Click the Windows Install Drive (Generally C:\)>Properties>Tools Tab>Error Checking. Click the Check now button, make sure both check boxes are selected, reboot and let windows run its check. Alternative, though costs a pretty penny (about $70 USD) Spinrite 6 by Gibson Research which you run off a bootable floppy, cd, or usb memory stick, goes well and beyond what Chkdsk (Scandisk) can do.

2) Could be a registry error or bloated registry. CCleaner (aka Crap Cleaner) by Piriform has a registry fixing tool. Another free and good registry fixer/cleaner is Powertools Lite (PT Lite) by Macecraft, the free stripped down registry tool of the jv16powertools set. Run one of those and clean out and fix whatever is messed up in the registry. Another tool afterward, Winmend's registry defrag is always good to run after a registry clean, also free atm.

3) Do a disk defrag, though the windows defrag tool is good at some things there a major files that no online defrag tool will touch like the Virtual Memory (Swap File), it is just a stripped down version of the Commercial DiskKeeper suite. A better and faster online (while the OS is booted up) defragger I would suggest is Auslogic's DiskDefrag for day to day defragmenting as it will optimize file placement as well as defrag the drive. To defrag those system/partition files and metadata files that can't be touched while windows is running you have 3 that offer an offline defrag that will defrag most of those untouchable files like the Virtual Memory (swap file), DiskKeeper by Diskkeeper Corp, O&O Defrag, and Raxco's Perfect Disk, though these are the commercial have to pay for them products, no else, not even their trial versions allow offline defrags until you buy them.

4) Another thing it could be is you are running something that pretty exotic compared to what most of us run on our comps, that or different in the case of an anti-virus and such. Close out anything that is in your system tray, bunch of icons next to the system clock lower right screen, except you a/v, firewall if you run a 3rd party f/w, and any windows specific icons (sound, netconnection, etc). CCleaner has a tool that will display most if not all of your 3rd party start on boot programs, disable all of them that aren't system necessary (windows startup icons like sound and net), your a/v, and f/w, everyting else is just memory bloat. Reducing what is running when you are playing can reduce possible memory clashes and such that can cause a hard system lock like you are experiencing here.

5) Download and burn a copy of the latest LiveLinux CD of your choice that has memtest86+ in its boot-up sequence, believe Ubuntu's live/install disk has this on it, burn that to a disk, and reboot off it, selecting memtest86+ to run instead of the live linux OS. Testing your memory for faults wouldn't be a bad idea, will take a couple hours to run its course, but best to be sure, optional step but never know.

6) If you have a Desktop, not a laptop/notebook/lapbook, open the side of the case, and clean out some of the dust within it, especially around the memory, graphics card, and ANYthing with a fan on it, close the case back up when done and restart the comp. Laptop try to clean any dust bunnies out of any vents on it that you can see, if not tech savvy you want no part of being inside or risk breaking something. Heat can cause all types of goofy problems and added this as an after thought.

Just suggesting what I would do as I used to work as a Comp Tech a while back if faced with a comp displaying your symptoms.

Retired
    Account Passed On