Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch

Thread: Cabal refusing to load

Cabal refusing to load

I'm running Windows 7 and after game guard starts up, cabal opens up, but then closes without getting past the loading screen. I've tried just about every compatibility option I can think of and setting everying to run as admin, but it's still not working. Any ideas of what to try? I know the ogp client had similar issues but I've forgotten what I did to get it up and running -_-;

i'm having problems similar to that 2... I feel ur pain...

me too T_T is this client anti windows 7? cus it seems to work fine for my friend (vista)

Check out the other threads in this forum, including the BSOD issues. Gameguard is finicky about what is running, particularly under Win7, even the razer deathadder mouse driver can cause issues.

Well, from what I've found, it seems GameGuard won't work at all for 32-bit versions of Windows 7. That said, I've dug out my old laptop and I'm playing it on that for the time being. I've closed everything and even removed drivers and the problem still exists though.

Have you tried XP compatibility mode or virtual mode? The VM is a free download from Microsoft.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/vir.../download.aspx

I think it's also possible to dual boot Win7/XP. Google it.

But At First It Usted To Work But Then It Stops Working.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    Have you tried XP compatibility mode or virtual mode? The VM is a free download from Microsoft.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/vir.../download.aspx

I think it's also possible to dual boot Win7/XP. Google it.
    I have XP mode on this computer. If I load Cabal in full screen, it'll restart XP mode, and Windowed mode never even loads past GameGuard loading up. I've tried every compatibility setting 7 has, and none have worked. I've tried various other supposed fixes and none have worked either. I don't have an XP install disk at the moment, so dual booting is currently out of the question.