Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Cabals Economic Disaster

Hybrid View

Cabals Economic Disaster

Ok, I just have to say this.

Cabal's economy s major

Just look at the prices of equips in Bloody Ice. They are so far out of the realm of reality it's not funny.

There is absolutely no way in hell I can afford to buy equips priced in the billions. Its very discouraging to not have decent enough stuff to be able to actually run dungeons just to make the alzs I need to BUY better items.

Is this a QQ? Damn straight it is.

ESTsoft... the economy needs to be fixed. I know players that quit.... not because they didn't like the game any more.... they love the game....it's because they can't afford to buy what they need.

I started playing a different game because that game allowed you to earn rare equips by doing repeatable reputation quests. The players are actually able to get the the equips they need for each area of the game.

Instead of worrying about their gear, they actually can play the game, and.. get this.. the drop rates for stuff you can npc or use is actually very good.

We need more stat'd gear from mobs for magic amp and sword amp for the 100 - 170 level people.. This would bring down the extreme cost of these items...since this is what is priced so high.

I love this game. Don't let the focus of this game be just about marketing overpriced gear. 50 million people (I'm exaggerating oviously) with shops open in BL that no one can afford to buy.

Give us better drops and better drop rates; so we can enjoy actually playing the game.

In my aunt's basement, writing novels. New York.
    No offense Ceyenne, but that's just how much good items cost.

Rehan... that's the problem... who can afford to buy it? Day in and day out I see the same people trying to sell this stuff at extremely inflated prices. My point was if stat'd equips dropped with S. amp and M. amp more often the prices would go down and everyone would benefit

+1. The economy s so much that if you don't have money to begin with it's going to be a pain to get money. Also, relying on things like core drops in dungeons as a source of income isn't always good considering the fact that the prices of cores are always fluctuating. I guess we can blame most of these retarded prices on the people who buy alz, and pay ridiculous prices for things that aren't worth what they're being sold for.

After ESTSoft nerfed Patren I now have one less way to make good money easily, making the game a b*tch for me. D:

14x FS Oruka [Venus]
    10x FB SuzuRyoku [Venus]
    6x WI Teisho (Getting there T_T) [Venus]

I finally finished the Patren, Patren quest because it wasn't worth it to me to go in there and get titanium drops. It used to be you could get 4 or 5 osm drops and make a little money.

they really should of held out on this game and released it like in another four months to give them time to work on it completely, because there are alot of problems with this game now.

Quote Originally Posted by silver2020 View Post
    they really should of held out on this game and released it like in another four months to give them time to work on it completely, because there are alot of problems with this game now.
    Cabals bad economic system is most of its problem. There was a huge debate on the EU forums about this and how to fix it that I might reference. Most everyone came to the same consensus that the design of the economy by EST was poor and it did not favor a more solid wage earning system.

Basically everything here has to be converted to alz by means of another player, even common drops such as FCH must be sold to other players in need before any gain can be made off the item because its npc value of 10k is impossible to profit off of. Not saying FCH's are profitable but just showing how even the most basic item must be sold to players before they gain any money. Players have no option to just npc a better item like an UCH for 500k or UCHH for 8m, the value of items is completely controlled by the players with no fixations on anything stable. The player must wait for these items to sell and in turn can not gain necessary profits that might be needed for other things closer in the future such as war or another dungeon run. Especially with NA's smaller population [at least under OGP], even rare items gained provided little use until they could be sold much, much later. Begs the question, if we're getting alz from someone else instead of by NPC, where is it really coming from and how is it being maintained?

Eod1/VC are spammed because they do not have this waiting penalty. They provide a nice supply of items that can be quickly npced and cover the cost of the dungeon and more with a very rare chance for a good drop. This is a much more logical way for a game's economy to function. A full inventory of osmium drops at 72k+ per piece was a decent living for awhile. One red osmium sword for 3 hours in PF is not and this is the essential problem to higher maps and dungeons, they failed to linearly progress in economics with the rest of the game. Drops did not keep consistent with difficulty, a full inventory of non-slot red osmium stuff or even mithril wouldn't unbalance the game in any way and would reward higher level players for actually fighting at their level. Seems silly the fastest profits for a 150 might be the same old VC/EOD we've had since level 85 instead of doing the harder 120+ level dungeons.

Drops that are of little function but are stable in price [like worthless craft materials being raised to 100-500k for being NPCed, more white mithril drops to npc] could help balance this by making these stable drops more common in harder dungeons. This way profit and difficulty keep consistent and players aren't penalized for doing something harder. As long as the price floors [the price they npc for] on 90% of our drops remain things like 10k, 15k, etc. players can not expect to succeed just by work alone. This is because EST keeps adding things which just saturate the same markets even more, making them closer to hitting these dirt cheap price floors no one can profit off of.

Someone on EU suggested they reference an economist for help as is becoming common for most newer games. They should've at least referenced someone who had taken a course in my opinion.

Titanium
    I agree. I've been in market for weeks! Tireeeeeeed.....

s>eos+6 500m; intrested?
    wa (unbanned) ||| other wa (r.i.p)
    Bot Mutiny?! ||| wiz (r.i.p.)
    noob WI (r.i.p.) ||| Yuan

he must play in merc

Name After Merge xAshes
    Venus---Blader---Ronin

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast