Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Cabals Economic Disaster

really ceyenne merc is preety messed up, you should come to venus ^^

Well Mercury's market must be messed up big time thanks to the Alz Glitch a few weeks back.
    But my view on the osm amp is that ESTsoft made the MH Ring so that people would run EoD more. In turn, there would be Osmium Amp. pieces drop, as well as other things such as RW-3's, Blue Bikes, and those other things EoD drops.

Quote Originally Posted by sn0wXz View Post
    oh i can get these on venus too, cuz i r pro nao.
    its why i got my huggies on.
    was there a point to any of that?

Name After Merge xAshes
    Venus---Blader---Ronin

no my condolences for your lost time
    wa (unbanned) ||| other wa (r.i.p)
    Bot Mutiny?! ||| wiz (r.i.p.)
    noob WI (r.i.p.) ||| Yuan

Quote Originally Posted by Error View Post
    Well Mercury's market must be messed up big time thanks to the Alz Glitch a few weeks back.
    But my view on the osm amp is that ESTsoft made the MH Ring so that people would run EoD more. In turn, there would be Osmium Amp. pieces drop, as well as other things such as RW-3's, Blue Bikes, and those other things EoD drops.
    would rather waist my time gettnig osm amp from sod. lol

Name After Merge xAshes
    Venus---Blader---Ronin

Quote Originally Posted by sn0wXz View Post
    no my condolences for your lost time
    Rofl atleast u admit it

Name After Merge xAshes
    Venus---Blader---Ronin

i support what this thread has to say.
    Lyrical ninja, master of stealth, with dual katanas attached to my belt, ya head'll hit the ground before the slashes are felt!

Quote Originally Posted by silver2020 View Post
    they really should of held out on this game and released it like in another four months to give them time to work on it completely, because there are alot of problems with this game now.
    Cabals bad economic system is most of its problem. There was a huge debate on the EU forums about this and how to fix it that I might reference. Most everyone came to the same consensus that the design of the economy by EST was poor and it did not favor a more solid wage earning system.

Basically everything here has to be converted to alz by means of another player, even common drops such as FCH must be sold to other players in need before any gain can be made off the item because its npc value of 10k is impossible to profit off of. Not saying FCH's are profitable but just showing how even the most basic item must be sold to players before they gain any money. Players have no option to just npc a better item like an UCH for 500k or UCHH for 8m, the value of items is completely controlled by the players with no fixations on anything stable. The player must wait for these items to sell and in turn can not gain necessary profits that might be needed for other things closer in the future such as war or another dungeon run. Especially with NA's smaller population [at least under OGP], even rare items gained provided little use until they could be sold much, much later. Begs the question, if we're getting alz from someone else instead of by NPC, where is it really coming from and how is it being maintained?

Eod1/VC are spammed because they do not have this waiting penalty. They provide a nice supply of items that can be quickly npced and cover the cost of the dungeon and more with a very rare chance for a good drop. This is a much more logical way for a game's economy to function. A full inventory of osmium drops at 72k+ per piece was a decent living for awhile. One red osmium sword for 3 hours in PF is not and this is the essential problem to higher maps and dungeons, they failed to linearly progress in economics with the rest of the game. Drops did not keep consistent with difficulty, a full inventory of non-slot red osmium stuff or even mithril wouldn't unbalance the game in any way and would reward higher level players for actually fighting at their level. Seems silly the fastest profits for a 150 might be the same old VC/EOD we've had since level 85 instead of doing the harder 120+ level dungeons.

Drops that are of little function but are stable in price [like worthless craft materials being raised to 100-500k for being NPCed, more white mithril drops to npc] could help balance this by making these stable drops more common in harder dungeons. This way profit and difficulty keep consistent and players aren't penalized for doing something harder. As long as the price floors [the price they npc for] on 90% of our drops remain things like 10k, 15k, etc. players can not expect to succeed just by work alone. This is because EST keeps adding things which just saturate the same markets even more, making them closer to hitting these dirt cheap price floors no one can profit off of.

Someone on EU suggested they reference an economist for help as is becoming common for most newer games. They should've at least referenced someone who had taken a course in my opinion.

Pray for a decent drop and sell uber high.

I wanna come to Venus!! Me n ceyenne will go together okies?

Blame me and vokiem for the inflation XD

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast