Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch

Thread: Fail to download server information

Fail to download server information

What is wrong with my cabal launcher? I tried restarting my laptop, turning off my firewall, uninstall and reinstalling cabal and it still doesn't work! Any suggestions to solve this problem?

Bump

any anti virus? sometimes after updates of an exe; the exception needs to be re-added to include the .exe after its changes.

i only get that when my launcher is blocked access to internet via anti virus, firewall ect.. try adding update.exe to exclusion lists if you have an AV or firewall, since its seperate exe then cabal, you were playing fine and it just stopped working all the sudden? Was it after maintenance or something?

also even with an AV off, the service is still running and attached to windows kernel/processes. it would have to be disabled via taskmanager/services.

im assuming you have admin account and user account control off if your on win7/vista as well, somethings obviously blocking its access to the internet.

i guess a random thought i would try would be cutting the update.exe out and moving to diff folder, then open cabalmain.exe and see if it will re-dl the update.exe for you, its always easier to troubleshoot problems like that when they happen to you. otherwise its like just random "what would i try" in that situation.
    wa (unbanned) ||| other wa (r.i.p)
    Bot Mutiny?! ||| wiz (r.i.p.)
    noob WI (r.i.p.) ||| Yuan

YESSSSSS I FIgured it out!!!! I went on IE and it said i was working offline, so i turned it on under tools and now the game works!! thanks for the suggestions guys.

Quote Originally Posted by LightningScud View Post
    YESSSSSS I FIgured it out!!!! I went on IE and it said i was working offline, so i turned it on under tools and now the game works!! thanks for the suggestions guys.
    nice, usually that doesnt happen by itself. did you happen to turn it off for some reason and just didnt remember?
    wa (unbanned) ||| other wa (r.i.p)
    Bot Mutiny?! ||| wiz (r.i.p.)
    noob WI (r.i.p.) ||| Yuan

Quote Originally Posted by sn0wXz View Post
    nice, usually that doesnt happen by itself. did you happen to turn it off for some reason and just didnt remember?
    lol i dont remember but i hope this method would help the others experiencing the same problem.

Whats IE? cause im having this problem

Quote Originally Posted by scottsdc View Post
    Whats IE? cause im having this problem
    Internet Explorer