Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Server problems

The Gm's have responded to my tickets but have not yet fixed this issue. Ive tryed all their options and still no answere =( hopefully soon!

Titanium
    Yeah man I hope it starts working for you soon!

nope still not again today....gonna be a while =(

i just dont get it...the gm's are thinking it might be a random software blocking gameguard or cabal but my whole house is under no cabal so its gotta be an IP ban or somethin

Quote Originally Posted by scottsdc View Post
    i just dont get it...the gm's are thinking it might be a random software blocking gameguard or cabal but my whole house is under no cabal so its gotta be an IP ban or somethin
    you can google for your specific windows, and find out how to do a "clean boot"; that will disable all the extra 3rd party programs, antivirus, and anything windows doesnt need to operate. That will eliminate any possibility of programs blocking gameguard as there will only be core essential windows services and programs running during clean boot, if you were un-able to join cabal during clean boot, then it could suggest ip restriction. same with proxy connection, if you were able to connect via proxy, but not normal ip. that suggests gameguard is not being blocked, but the server is rejecting the connection from your IP.

logically during a clean boot, you would expect any possible program collision would be solved/avoided. i would suggest trying that and see if itll let you connect, so you can show the GM its not a program running in your pc conflicting with gameguard thats causing it.
    Last edited by sn0wXz; 03-26-2011 at 10:20 AM.
    wa (unbanned) ||| other wa (r.i.p)
    Bot Mutiny?! ||| wiz (r.i.p.)
    noob WI (r.i.p.) ||| Yuan

but if it wipes out my firewall....and antivirus then how will i get them back?

but if it wipes out my firewall....and antivirus then how will i get them back?
    they come back after you enable the service, same way you disabled it, in services tab.... there is a drop down menu to disable and enable specific services...you can use an option to hide all microsoft services, and that will prevent you from accidentially shutting down a microsoft service that the computer needs to operate.

just make sure you have the "hide all microsoft services" box checked ON, so that you dont disable anything needed, after you check that box, it should only display the services that are non essential to windows, like your anti virus, firewall programs, other services like that...you can disable those and see if your normal connection works, if it doesnt you can let help desk know, you clean booted, and its not a program collision with gameguard, as you disabled all non essential services at start up...

type msconfig in your start menu search bar or watnot..., then goto services tab
    Last edited by sn0wXz; 03-26-2011 at 01:05 PM.

ok i did that then started Cabal and it still didn't work...but whne i went back to mscofig it was unchecked already. I tryed it multiple times and clicked OK after eahc time but whenever i go back its always unchecked already. Ahhhhh I want to play already!

ok i did that then started Cabal and it still didn't work...but whne i went back to mscofig it was unchecked already. I tryed it multiple times and clicked OK after eahc time but whenever i go back its always unchecked already. Ahhhhh I want to play already!
    yea that is not big deal if it shows or hides each time u open ,u just hide it to make sure u dont accidentally disable the microsoft services on the list, didnt you realize when you click that box, it hides microsoft services on that list, protecting u from making mistake, it dont matter if the list is showing again when u re-open msconfig, u just re check the box so u can navigate without all the microsoft services in between the 3rd party programs you wanted to disable.....

but anyway if you found and disabled the useless ones and tried starting up without them (like anti virus program ect) then you could just communicate that to help desk about your clean boot and how it still says failed to connect, its could be presumed its not a program on your pc causing the problem.

btw you never got ingame at all? im sure titans05 did before GM daisy came on and helped, i gave him proxy and he was able to connect, so we knew then it was not his connection/programs or anything on his pc at his end that was causing the "failed to connect". it was due to the ip he was logging in with, not sure why it does that, just know once we changed his ip to route through proxy ip before connecting, he was able to get in fine. Thats the key part to identifying what is the cause of the failed to connect, something on your end? or something on theirs? most likely if you can do a clean boot, proxy connect to the server. that would indicate everything is fine on your end you just need your normal ip to not be rejected when attempting to connect.

now hes playing on his normal ip because GM daisy helped fix whatever the problem was with his ip and logging in, but he did confirm about hour or more before GM daisy came, that he was able to access the server via proxy, but not with his normal ip, soon as he turned proxy off it would again say "failed to connect"...it was 100% proof it wasnt on his end in that situation. Thats why i was asking you to do clean boot first, given that you say help desk responded to your ticket, figured you could take the appropriate steps to show you can disabled the useless services, and not having any possible program collision; and to second that point be able to connect via proxy but not normal ip.

anyway im sure GM will see your still having probs n hopefully help you fix whatever is rejecting your connection to the server.
    Last edited by sn0wXz; 03-26-2011 at 02:16 PM.

Ya i hope...cause i don't think its somehting on my end cause i did what you told me and everything the GM's have told me. So im just waiting for a GM to unblock my IP or something? And what would eb the reason a GM is blocking the IP? I doint think anyone in my house did anything to get us banned off cabal. I mean what do u have to do? buy alz? we didn't....so Gm Daisy help please!

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast