Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Blader Videos

RedOsmium
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyuez View Post
    Modem why doesn't he have to move his mouse? :O
    No idea, 1st person I've seen that doesn't have to, haha.
    My youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/tjxs?feature=mhee
    I craft blades, all crafting is free if you provide the mats and will continue to be.

Titanium
    Quote Originally Posted by chainlock View Post
    No idea, 1st person I've seen that doesn't have to, haha.
    Last edited by Zyuez; 02-20-2013 at 05:57 PM.

i don't usually either. it doesn't really matter either way unless there's a ton of mobs around, in which case the less you move the mouse the better.

RedOsmium
    Quote Originally Posted by Listeria View Post
    i don't usually either. it doesn't really matter either way unless there's a ton of mobs around, in which case the less you move the mouse the better.
    I'm jealous, if I don't do those circles while I retarget it pauses every 3-4 hits because it doesn't let me select the monster again.
    I craft blades, all crafting is free if you provide the mats and will continue to be.

Quote Originally Posted by chainlock View Post
    How come you extend with 30 seconds of bm left? You're missing out on an extra 20 seconds more each bm/extend doing that.
    Extend at 30 seconds = about 50 seconds of bm2 time and 59 seconds of bm2 + aura
    Extend at 0 seconds = about 80 seconds of bm2 time and 45 seconds of bm2 + aura

The reason I extend at 30 sec is cause I seem to do more damage in bm2 + aura, and I don't always trust my dps to be as consistent without 50 rate...
    ...even though the damage calculator indicates I'd do more damage extending at the end.
    Not a ton more, about 16-19k per bm2+extend depending on my weapon setup. The total predicted damage in one bm2+extend is over 200k (this excludes shorts and debuff entirely).

I'll do some testing to see how it goes with extending at the end but it seems like I don't do as much damage that way...could just be the hp bar psyching me out.
    I do know that I definitely do a little better using AoF in bm2 and FoF + IB after extend than if I use them all after extending.

I retarget by clicking the mob, hitting the attack button, then hitting a button to target myself. I configured my key binds so that I can do that easier than with the esc or f5 method, such that I essentially 'piano' the keys in a fluid, rhythmic motion that is more natural for my hands.

EDIT: The main issues I have with the calculator in this case are
    - Actual vs predicted crit frequency
    - Overcoming Quadra's regen
    If the regen could be measured and included in the calculations a more accurate assessment could be done. By extending at the end, you are giving Quadra more time to regenerate hp, but as for how this affects the end result and the time spent in killing him...I'm not sure yet.
    Last edited by cadacus_ater; 04-21-2011 at 12:57 PM.

Titanium
    Quote Originally Posted by cadacus_ater View Post

I retarget by clicking the mob, hitting the attack button, then hitting a button to target myself. I configured my key binds so that I can do that easier than with the esc or f5 method, such that I essentially 'piano' the keys in a fluid, rhythmic motion that is more natural for my hands.
    That's intense

RedOsmium
    I do the same thing for my retarget.

just see how far you can get quad in a full bm2, then see how far you can get it with a full bm2/aura.

Ok so....
    I got him down to around the same amount of hp after my first extend was over, then I went bm2 after combo and did that until I was close to zero time.
    I extended and used fof and ib....and I finished him with the same time left in bm2 aura that I had before, so it actually took longer that way -.-

That particular quadra was an absolute scumbag, he wouldn't miss at all for my entire 1st bm2 and I died three times against him due to lag and other mobs getting in my way
    (they wouldn't stay put either...). So in all fairness, i don't think it matters much where you extend in practice as long as it's somewhere after 30 sec left. Also, I tried extending last second on lycanus form 2. The problem with that is that he debuffs you at the worst times possible if you extend then. It is MUCH better if you just extend at 30 sec on him and FoF + IB immediately.
    Last edited by cadacus_ater; 04-21-2011 at 05:09 PM.

RedOsmium
    why dont you try fof + aof -> extend + ib instead of aof -> extend + fof + ib ?

Quote Originally Posted by Hash View Post
    why dont you try fof + aof -> extend + ib instead of aof -> extend + fof + ib ?
    Because you should do more damage in theory with fof+ib after extend, since they all compliment each other (aof can be stuck in wherever since it's add damage)...that's a total guess though, lol. I'd need to check it to say definitively, whether the combo of extra stat from aura and ib combined with the debuff from fof actually makes a difference where fof is used.

An alternative to allow for more attacks after extend would be to use fof right before extending, but that would sacrifice debuff time. Idk whether I feel like testing it anymore though, lol.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast