Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Not able to connect to server since 3/17 Emergency M/A

Exclamation Not able to connect to server since 3/17 Emergency M/A

I'm not the only one o.O
    http://forum.cabal.com/showthread.ph...erver-problems
    Can a GM respond to this please?

Even a "Hi" would work
    Last edited by DPS; 03-21-2011 at 02:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DPS View Post
    I'm not the only one o.O
    http://forum.cabal.com/showthread.ph...erver-problems
    Can a GM respond to this please?

Even a "Hi" would work
    GM doesn't take good care of us!!! dam!!! i have the same problem...

Unless they are looking into the problem and just not updating us on the situation o.O
    or maybe not enough people are being affected by it to be a significant issue at the moment o.O
    Getting a new IP address issued to you by your ISP would more then likely solve the problem. But then again USA IP's shouldn't even be blocked in the first place.
    I don't know... Figure out how to play behind a proxy and you are set ^.~

hopefully you would have submitted help desk ticket with your ISP and location to get the ball rolling for your problem..., if your referring to roadrunner again (like scottsdc and frank mahas' threads) im not sure, but i know people who played fine without any problems, besides ip blocks which are placed; ultimately have no effect if a proxy server is used to force the connection. if your banned via subnet, or mac address or a domain has specific ranges banned, then you could have fell into that small %age affected when a ban is placed on a specific isp's domain. the chances are slim though, real slim because i doubt there was any wide spread range ban on roadrunner...
    wa (unbanned) ||| other wa (r.i.p)
    Bot Mutiny?! ||| wiz (r.i.p.)
    noob WI (r.i.p.) ||| Yuan

I put in a ticket a 5 days ago, just getting a little restless. Even an automated reply or something would have been better then nothing lol

I put in a ticket a 5 days ago, just getting a little restless. Even an automated reply or something would have been better then nothing lol
    well, often times GMs do read the ticket, even if it still says "ticket opened" that doesnt mean gm hasnt looked at it, but i agree automated response, or some details as to what could be restricting your connection would be desired. I get why you opened bug report hoping it would be faster then help desk, but given that its a rather generic problem, not affecting mass number of players there is probably priorities in terms of responding to one ticket before another; hopefully you can get it resolved.

Are you on roadrunner btw, and do you have router? anti virus, or firewalls? you said it happend since emergency mait, that could suggest a block/ip restriction but you cant really know for sure untill GM gets back to you. I know personally from my own experience that it does say "connection failed to server" when your ip is restricted.

i experienced that with global when trying to connect with NA ip, and with NA tryin to connect with my normal ip since i was ip restricted on my roadrunner modem.

Yes I have road runner and a firewall and a router lol. I have Cabal as an exception in my firewall so that isn't the issue. It probably isn't on my end because, well, I did a little messing around and connected through a proxy and I got in just fine (don't ban me please lol). Everything points to an IP restriction/block but what would be the reason(s) for that?
    Last edited by DPS; 03-22-2011 at 04:54 AM.

Yes I have road runner and a firewall and a router lol. I have Cabal as an exception in my firewall so that isn't the issue. It probably isn't on my end because, well, I did a little messing around and connected through a proxy and I got in just fine (don't ban me please lol). Everything points to an IP restriction/block but what would be the reason(s) for that?
    yea if you got in with proxy but not with roadrunner modem, then its probably ip restriction. i asked if you were on roadrunner because i am, and i was IP banned on the whole modem, i have to use router or proxy to play, i doubt they will ban you for using a proxy. as long as you didnt cheat or anything youll be fine.

Thanks for your input snow it is much appreciated.

Banned
    i was having this server problem or w/e the whole freaking day.servers were fine cuz ppl in my guild and budy list were switching channels,i wasnt lagging or had any kind of internet connection problem or anything x.x i had to click "select server" every time i wanted to switch channels

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast