Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Need help choosing computers

Banned
    DeskTop=gaming LapTop=school work an watching I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥ ..... buy a desktop much better less lag

Banned
    The best gaming pc's are from best buy...office depot occasionally gets in good ones......I even heard sears has pc's

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by IcyWave View Post
    DeskTop=gaming LapTop=school work an watching I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥ ..... buy a desktop much better less lag
    i use a lap top for gaming and i never lag Ran Aion Perfect and my shiitty desktop couldnt do it =.=

go run crysis 2 or bad company 2 on your laptop, probably sh*t a brick out the dvd drive
    wa (unbanned) ||| other wa (r.i.p)
    Bot Mutiny?! ||| wiz (r.i.p.)
    noob WI (r.i.p.) ||| Yuan

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sn0wXz View Post
    go run crysis 2 or bad company 2 on your laptop, probably sh*t a brick out the dvd drive
    Only thing i hate about my lap top is it heats up fast lol
    but im going to try the Bad Company 2 thing

Cheapest way is to build your own desktop. You don't need anything better than a Core2 for gaming, even an E series will be fine. You're never going to actually take advantage of all 4 cores (or 6) on a Corei7/9 unless you're rendering images or movies, and use a benchmark site to find out what the processor you want clocks at.

If your purpose is only gaming and you want it cheaper, I would go with an older LGA775 mobo with a Core2, or even Core2Quad with the highest individual core clock speed possible (stock), and going for a 4x2GB Dual Channel RAM setup and maybe a XF or SLI mobo so you can get two cheap, maybe second hand GPU's, and if the initial cost is too much for you, get them one at a time. I think this is the best set-up for a cheap, bang-for your buck PC that will run most games relatively well, as they are RAM/GPU intensive rather than CPU intensive.
    ayaM 16x FS [Morphosis]

I seriously doubt with new (2nd) Generation Intel core processors and modern Nvida and ATI GPU's for mobile computing one could make a blanket statement that laptops I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥ for gaming without sounding like a complete retard. I have recently purchased 2 brand new laptops both custom built, one a dell XPS which runs Cabal at an easy 70+ FPS even in nation war. However that laptop is for school and business though I did pop for a discreet GPU on it.
    Now, my Malibal Lotus 15.6" would go head to head with almost any desktop benchmark to benchmark and would probably stomp the hell hell out of most of them. It has the new Intel Core i7-2920XM CPU, 12 gigs of ram, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 485M 2GB GPU discreet card. Plus my computer can easily and lightly go where I do.
    Last edited by PSBeardy; 03-31-2011 at 08:14 AM.

A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

yea, dont buy that laptop is trash for that much. I prefer laptop>desktop casue im constanly moving NY-Fl-LA... I got a Dell inspiron runs fine, hoping to get an allienware. I say u wait for black friday and get good sht .
    ElVIento 17X
    Venus / Crafters

Quote Originally Posted by sn0wXz View Post
    LMFAO hilarious. Surprised you survived the abortion(s).
    back up metabox champion here, the 12 gigs of ram made me lol.

psbeard playing all the new pro games on his laptop, Loooolll probably get rick rolled in everyone but hey its a laptop that games bro, back upppp

half hour later

laptop:im too hot now, please shut me down im done meng, or set me ontop of that big ass fan, thx.

psbeard: NOPE, MY Shi.Ts LIQUID COOLED WITH REAL NITROGEN, COME AT ME BRO.
    I have yet to over heat and often leave my computer on in game over night as well as playing. Snow you have to have your desktop cooled because your CPU I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥s up too much power to run at the same speed as mine. I can't believe I need to point this out to hacker extraordinaire, but these new sandy bridge processors outperform, while using almost half the power of the previous generation chips, hence I do not need to be liquid cooled to run the same or greater clock speeds your desktop does. Let me reiterate I have suffered 0 issues with cooling and can take my lappy anywhere I want. Try again Snow desktops are soon to be a thing of the middle-ages of technology.

A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

rage lately?

Lol ok calm down beard i believe you, your laptop never overheated before; its ok bro, need some NyQuil? his i7 out benchmark any desktop cept the ones running the other 14 intel and 1 amd processors benchmarking higher then that model.

ok to OP:

since that laptop is junk and probably worse then buying a desktop outfited for your price range; why not take psbeardys advice and get something completely irrelevant and out-benchmarked in laptop and desktop platforms altogether in many scenarios. Even though its only 2-3x or more your price range, i guess he skips over the important parts of posts to find something to disagree with, his laptop is that powerful. controlled trolling on his pc but he actually believes what hes typing.

just sayin'
    wa (unbanned) ||| other wa (r.i.p)
    Bot Mutiny?! ||| wiz (r.i.p.)
    noob WI (r.i.p.) ||| Yuan

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast