Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch

Thread: Download stops at 4% what do I do?

Download stops at 4% what do I do?

As the title says I tried to downoad the game and it always stops randomly and wont download anymore it just stops is there a certain place I need to download it to or what am i doing wrong?

1. Check your HDD space.

2. Confirm the download directory isn't to a media or external drive: dvd burner, floppy drive, blu-ray player, etc.
    The default download directory is: "C:\Program Files (x86)"
    *NoTe: if you have a 32bit OS instead of a 64bit, the default is this: "C:\Program Files"

3. Have you downloaded this game to that computer in the past?

4. Is your firewall / Anti-Virus interrupting the download?

(This forum supports BBC, but not HTML. Lame.)
    Last edited by iNub; 10-04-2010 at 06:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by iNub View Post
    1. Check your HDD space.

2. Confirm the download directory isn't to a media or external drive: dvd burner, floppy drive, blu-ray player, etc.
    The default download directory is: "C:\Program Files (x86)"
    *NoTe: if you have a 32bit OS instead of a 64bit, the default is this: "C:\Program Files"

3. Have you downloaded this game to that computer in the past?

4. Is your firewall / Anti-Virus interrupting the download?

(This forum supports BBC, but not HTML. Lame.)
    how do i check my HDD space? Im not downloading it to any external drives it downloads to uh either my desk top or other places everytime i try to put it into program files (86) it says i donthave permission but i also have just program files also, and no i have not ever downloaded this game before and my anti virus or fire wall doesnt come up with any confirmations or anything during the download oh and one more question bud do i run or save it when i press download on the site?

ok back up. it says u don't have permission to download it to (x86) folder?

that's where it NEEDS to go. the folder named "Program Files" is for programs that support 64bit applications and this game isn't one of them.

you need to log into the admin account on that computer and try downloading again.

My account is the admin account? atleast i thought so? i only have 2 accounts mine and my brothers and mine is the one that can change all the passwords and junk and his is just a normal one

Go here: "Control Panel > User Accounts and Family Safety > User Accounts" and make sure your account is set as Administrator.

To check your HDD space go to "My Computer" and click on "OS (C:\)" on the bottom of the window, you'll see "total size" and "space free".

Yes im a admin and my total size is 450gb and i have 318gb free and everytime i click to save it to program files 86 it says i need premission from the admin when i am the admin? and it says would i like to save it in bradley (my name) my files and crap im guessing and also when i click run it says its saving it to a temp file is that where its supposed to go when you press run?

another issue could be ur router/modem resetting (thats happened to me once or twice) but i doubt that would be it cuz u would get a error saying something like that
    Server: Mercury
    Guild: BloodOrchid
    Sig made by CyrStalAFX

Ok. Go back into "Control Panel > User Accounts and Family Safety > User Accounts > "your account name".

Click "Change User Account Control Settings" and set the bar 1 down from the top. This way you won't get messages when crap gets saved to temp files.

And yes, Cabal will save one every time you start the game because it logs online info.

Thanks guys i finally got it downloaded and stuff by downloading till it stops then canceling then clicking download again and letting it slowly go up little by little and it took a while but i got it so yeah thank you guys for all the help