Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Known Issues / Bugs / Crash Issues

Quote Originally Posted by surrealkila View Post
    *sigh* i guess im next...

I start the launcher and press the "start cabal" icon. Nothing happens. The launcher closes and cabal does not start. I've done "check files". I uninstalled cabal and did a fresh install. Still nothing.
    When i try to start cabal nothing happens. Worked just fine yesterday. Today its broke...
    bump(adding at least 10 characters)

Banned
    When you uninstalled cabal, did you make sure ALL cabal related files were deleted?

starla wanna add the fix for avast? its still on the first page but who knows how long it'll stay there
    dang upload killed the clarity of the sig x_x

I actually deleted all the cabal files manually. There was a problem with the uninstaller so i had to, but i deleted the whole OGP folder.

Banned
    Did you also try re-downloading cabal from the ESTSoft website?

Quote Originally Posted by ForumStarla View Post
    [*]Computer crashes when running the game (BSOD). More Info
    As far as I understand this is caused by drivers which are incompatible with GG. I believe that everyone who had this issue was using the Razer DeathAdder mouse, uninstalling the drivers for it and using the default windows drivers fixes the problem.

I have done two completely fresh installs of cabal now.
    Still dont work wtf. It worked just fine yesterday.
    I open the launcher, it comes up. I click on "start cabal" and the launcher closes and nothing happens.

EDIT: I have tried turning off my avast and that still does nothing. Although i dont know why it would be glitching cuz it worked yesterday...
    Ventrilo is not running. I've tried with internet explorer not running.
    There has got to be something im missing but i havent changed anything since yesterday.

EDIT 2: Talked to a homie on vent and he said he had the same problem as me. Except when he tried to reinstall he got errors and it wont let him complete the install. =\
    Last edited by surrealkila; 04-06-2010 at 08:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by surrealkila View Post
    I have done two completely fresh installs of cabal now.
    Still dont work wtf. It worked just fine yesterday.
    I open the launcher, it comes up. I click on "start cabal" and the launcher closes and nothing happens.

EDIT: I have tried turning off my avast and that still does nothing. Although i dont know why it would be glitching cuz it worked yesterday...
    Ventrilo is not running. I've tried with internet explorer not running.
    There has got to be something im missing but i havent changed anything since yesterday.

EDIT 2: Talked to a homie on vent and he said he had the same problem as me. Except when he tried to reinstall he got errors and it wont let him complete the install. =\
    Same thing happens to me. I try to launch Cabal but after clicking "Start", it closes down immediately.
    I also use Avast Anti-virus v5.0, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, & Spybot Search & Destroy SD Resident
    along with COMODO Firewall. I tried turning all these off but still no go--still closes down.

Did you say you were able to start Cabal before while running Avast Anti-Virus at the same time?
    Mannn... these are legit programs and not hacking or bot programs. Cabal shouldn't close down
    with that new GameGuard they have.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Update:

For those having the same problem as above and is using Avast Antivirus... try this..

Quote Originally Posted by DVwizzy View Post
    >.< opened my mouth too soon.. just got hit with it as well

in case anyone is still having trouble with this, click "Real-Time Shields" then the "File System Shield" menu under that. Click the "Expert Settings" button on the screen. Click "Exclusions" and browse for the file, find it, select it, click add, click ok and you're done
    If you are using a different Anti-virus, Try to exclude CabalMain.exe

Btw Starla, please include this fix to your sticky... I was able to run Cabal this way.

P.S.
    You may want to go to Avast Anti-Virus chest and restore "CabalMain.exe" first before you try
    the fix above. Basically, Cabal wont start & closes right away since CabalMain.exe is missing
    coz the Anti-virus took it away... O_o

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Now my problem is getting my OGP account transferred here to ESTsoft.
    Its still saying incorrect password when its not. Anyone here got their
    OGP account successfully transferred yet?

There's some things I noticed when I'm trying to transfer my OGP account.
    Like how the system recognizes my OGP username for my account indeed
    exists coz when I type a random username.. I get the error:

"no user found"

So the only problem is that its not recognizing my password and I still
    keep getting the error message:

"password is not correct"

I'm glad that the system recognizes my account but a little worried its
    not accepting my password. I hope they fix this next... >.>
    Last edited by Raiz3n; 04-06-2010 at 10:04 PM.

FIXED. Good thinking to look in the virus chest. I didn't really think it could be my avast because i've been running cabal since the transfer with zero problems.
    Plus i turned the thing off...

But yes, if you have the problem that raizen and i describe and you use avast, follow those steps. Cabal will be in the virus chest...restore it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slash View Post
    i have a problem, i can't see the text on client's log in page (invisible text)
    all i can see is blocks and i also can't type
    I did what ForumStarla and Flarius and it still won't work T_T

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast