Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch

Thread: Can't complete Cabal download....

Can't complete Cabal download....

I have been trying to download cabal for the better part of the last 24 hours. it was accidentally un-installed from my computer by a family member, and i figured,"No big deal, I'll just re-download it." However.....

It will most of the time hit anywhere from 92% to 97% and then freeze. Out of the last 7 attempts, twice it has finished, only to give me an error that the download was corrupted, so i needed to try again. I have tried downloading it on Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and even Mozilla Firefox. All have had similar types of failures. I have shut down any programs and processes not needed, made sure i deleted all the old game files, everything I could think of. Any suggestions would be very greatly appreciated!

I have played Cabal for a very long time, and so I know that it isn't a hardware or internet issue, and I have thoroughly checked out my PC, so I know it's also not a software fail. I have exhausted all the options I can think of, no matter how ridiculous they seemed. If anyone has any idea how to fix this, or even if anyone has experienced a similar problem, please leave a comment so at least I know i'm not alone in this. Thank you very much.

yes, i experienced the "download is corrupt" dialog box before with cabal installer, but never over and over again, and it only takes 25 minutes or so to download cabal..... u must be slower connection or far away?

Usually the files becomes corrupt because of bugs, defects in the software created to download and save the file, and also bad sectors, anomalies in your harddrive, which arent substantial enough to cause system instability, but can affect a file if its downloading for a long duration - probably has higher chance of being corrupt during that download. well thats assuming that the file on the website is fine and there is no problem on there side(server); which im sure it probably is fine, its done this to me 1 time or maybe twice outta the many times ive downloaded it. Some people have experienced packet loss, and often corrupt downloads due to using routers on certain windows o/s and hardware, probably a niche problem though.

how long does it take you to download 1gb cabal installer from website? its possible to pause the file at like 80 and save that .part file, and just use that to resume from there but thats somewhat retarded considering the problem with the file constantly corrupting, have you ran chkdsk on your drive lately? does this happen with other files ever at all? (long duration files as well not just random small files, something in comparison with cabals 1gb size)
    Last edited by sn0wXz; 03-25-2011 at 02:23 PM.
    wa (unbanned) ||| other wa (r.i.p)
    Bot Mutiny?! ||| wiz (r.i.p.)
    noob WI (r.i.p.) ||| Yuan

[GM] Clocks
    Usually when a download freezes, it happens to be when the internet disconnects at a certain time interval in that time.

I recommend leaving your computer there, when you have a good connection.

Otherwise if it doesn't work, leave us a help desk ticket, or post again.

Thank you, and I hope to see you on Cabal soon!

-[GM] Clocks