Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch

Thread: Does Cabal have a Virus?

Banned

Unhappy Does Cabal have a Virus?

Okay so as i mentioned in a previous post i played cabal not too long ago, and back then i played for 2 years at the least.

When I try to open cabal my Kaspersky Anti-Virus warns me over and over and basically won't lemme open Cabal...

I am kind of afraid of pausing my Anti-Virus because last time I did i got the blaster.worm virus thing and it was annoying (couldn't execute files)(i accidentally left off my anti-virus). But i had to do it to let Cabal open up.

So, why do you think I am getting a warning from my anti-virus about cabal?

*when i try to open it, Kaspersky says:
    "SUSPICIOUS ACTIVITY

GAMEMON.DES is trying to download driver in a hidden way
    C:\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\CABAL ONLINE (US)\GAMEGAURD\DUMP_WMIMMC.SYS.

Kaspersky Anti-Virus will not be able to control application activity after installation.

Potentially dangerous program
    Suspicious driver installation"

What do i do? Thanks.

P.S. Posted in General Discussion because I need an answer A.s.a.p and there isn't too much activity in Technical Support Section.

[GM] Kato
    Hi Bakuryu!

If you downloaded the client off the main website (www.cabal.com), then the file does not contain a virus. It looks like Kaspersky is just warning you that GameGuard is installing itself on your computer (which is normal). If you don't know what Game Guard is, it's our anti-cheating program that's installed alongside of the CABAL client. We use GameGuard to make sure no one uses third party programs to cheat the game and make it unfair for other users.

If Kaspersky lets you install the CABAL client without disabling it, then I would take that route. If it's stopping the install entirely, then you'll have to disable that until the client is installed. If you're still having issues, please let us know by putting a ticket into the HelpDesk.

Good luck!

PS. I'm moving this over to the Technical Support forums. Don't worry, we read all forums regardless of the activity

~ [GM] Kato
    Last edited by [GM] Kato; 04-08-2011 at 02:08 PM.

Banned
    I have Kaspersky Anti virus, & i fooled around with the settings & Cabals been allowed through my comp.
    & i leave it on for everything i do, so far no problems.

Banned
    Thanks for the responses!

I am glad to hear that there is no problem with the CABAL Client

I will continue to play, and now without worries