Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch

Thread: Cabal error

Cabal error

Sometimes when entering a dungeon I encounter a Cabal Client error which shuts cabal down. And it also randomly happens if i have cabal on for a while. Whats up with this? Anyone know how to fix it?

[GM] Kato
    Hey sonicwiz,

Sounds like you either have corrupted CABAL files or your computer is running out of memory to keep the game running.

First, I'd try to uninstall the game completely via Add/Remove Programs (assuming you're running Windows). Remove the folder as well if it's still there; basically leave no trace of the game at all on your computer.

Once that's done, download and run CCleaner. To read more about what this does and how to download it, visit their site here: http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner. Once it's finished cleaning, move on to the next step.

Download and install a fresh version of the CABAL game client (http://www.cabal.com/DownLoad/Client) and then install it. Let it patch and leave it untouched until it's complete.

This should fix your issues if it was your game client. If not, please take a screenshot of the error you're experiencing as well as a screenshot of your task manager and open up a HelpDesk ticket with those attached.

Best of luck and if you have any problems or questions with the steps above, just leave a message here and I'll do my best to help out.

**EDIT: Thought I should note that you should -not- use the "Check Files" button. It's currently bugged right now and we're working on fixing that **

~ [GM] Kato
    Last edited by [GM] Kato; 04-21-2011 at 10:54 PM. Reason: Added a note at the bottom :D

thanks kato im sure its not my memory i havent even used 5% of my memory yet lol.....

[GM] Kato
    Haha, no problem!

Whatever it is, I hope we get it figured out so you can stop erroring out of the game. I can imagine that's not fun, especially in the middle of dungeons :\

~ [GM] Kato

Retired (Perussing General Topics or Support)
    Well a couple other tools to have in your arsenal on top of CCleaner to make sure everything "IS" removed...

Revo Uninstaller, run this, click what program to unistall, be an Icon top menu bar, then the dialog go option 3 or 4, 4 is the most thorough, click proceed. Revo will launch the program's built in uninstaller after it scans the system, do the normal stuff for a usual uninstall, then once done back to Revo's dialog box, click next, any left over folders will be displayed, click select all and delete, then the next dialog will show all the left over Registry Data remaining, select all again and next, done, should wipe out all traces of any program ever installed.

Another good tool to have to compliment both Revo and CCleaner is Macecraft's free PowerTools Lite (PTools Lite), the freeware child of their jv16 powertools suite. This is a registry scanner and cleaner, running it after Revo and CCleaner generally gets temp files and other registry errors and junk the other 2 don't.

After all 3 of those I run Winmend's Registry Defrag about once a month to keep the registry tidy and compact as possible, followed by a good disk defrag after the reboot Winmend will need to do.

Other things you might also look into

1) Obvious ones would be making sure all your hardware drivers are up to date (sound, mother board drivers, graphics, disk interface drivers, etc) along with DirectX is up to date as well.

2) Do you monitor your internal temperatures of your computer, a processor over heat, even a gfx chip or memory overheat can cause some things to crash unexpectedly. Desktop/Tower comp always a good idea to clean out any dust inside that has collected, which can lead to overheating and such.

3) Ever tested your system memory for errors??? Not a common occurence as it used to be, being systems have so much more memory than they used to can be a plus or a minus, hit or miss on finding more bad memory sectors or fewer, or none.
    memtest86+, takes a while but you never know, if memory is bad it will find it, most times found on a Live Linux Boot CD/DVD like Ubuntu, no install of linux needed, just download the CD/DVD image, burn to disk, and run from the CD/DVD drive.

4) Check drive integrity for bad sectors, heck, never know, your paging file (virtual memory) maybe on a bad hard drive sector.
    Start>My Computer>Right Click the Hard Drive>Properties>Tools Tab>Error Checking>Check Now>Make sure both options are check marked, click ok, windows will want to reboot, so do so and let the tool run.

Just a few suggestions being I am not seeing what the comp is actually doing...

Retired
    Account Passed On

[GM] Kato
    ^ Well said