Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cross Class Items

Cross Class Items

Simple Question, what equipment CANNOT be cross classed. Also can all mithral weapons+armor be cross classed?

So in theory a Force Shielder could wear a Mithral Martial suit and a Force archer could wield a Mithral Great Sword if they had the appropriatte stats...?

Quote Originally Posted by Urban View Post
    Simple Question, what equipment CANNOT be cross classed. Also can all mithral weapons+armor be cross classed?

So in theory a Force Shielder could wear a Mithral Martial suit and a Force archer could wield a Mithral Great Sword if they had the appropriate stats...?
    no, first of all - grade of weapons/armor is different then stat requirements to wear a weapon.

grades= osm/redosm,shineguard,terragrace,ectect/sigmetal/forcium (mithril)
    gives higher base attack, magic and defense/rate respectively.

stat requirements are determined by your DEX/INT/STR values that are built up evertime you level and attribute them to your character via (C)character menu.

secondly a greatsword is generally only for a warrior, because its a two handed weapon. a force archer can make the choice to wear crystals or orbs, because they are both able to give simliar stats, an orb and xstal of the same grade (mithril) and same enhanced level (+5) would give simliar stats, however the orb would have slight magic increase, and the xstal is slight attack increase. generally you could use either, but not a great sword or blade, as it would be pointless and your only attacks would be like...normal attack (punch?) lol...

but as for armor, yes if you can nerf a specific stat enough to get the others high, you could make a heavy wiz (needs more strength requirement, even though wiz are magic builds...so ur nerfing it for a slight increase in def from the armor suit...thats the theory anyway) normally a wiz would wear martial because it does not have str requirement increase compared to a armorsuit; martial is INT heavy which wiz stack up anyway, where as armor is STR heavy which they dont need much of... but yes to answer your question for the most part yes they can use what they wish for suits/armor...the weapons are slightly class restricted considering even if u put a blade on a wiz, which u can, (1 handed one) he wont beable to do much with it even at high level, he will be casting low level skills probably like 5-10s lol

some armors do have class specific when you get to shineguard, terragrace grade armor, osm is non class specific (atleast for now...)
    wa (unbanned) ||| other wa (r.i.p)
    Bot Mutiny?! ||| wiz (r.i.p.)
    noob WI (r.i.p.) ||| Yuan

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sn0wXz View Post
    some armors do have class specific when you get to shineguard, terragrace grade armor, osm is non class specific
    stit is class specific...

(atleast for now...)
    when updates come around, dunno when, even as early as blustin, i think, is class specific including osm all the way to forciums, so, yeah say goodbye to martial FA and heavy BL (the latter class is the most neglected so much so they're gonna do away with it in cabal 2)

Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    stit is class specific...
    why would someone even bother going heavy at stit grade..i think that debate is specific to osm mostly; because of its non class specific.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    when updates come around, dunno when, even as early as blustin, i think, is class specific including osm all the way to forciums, so, yeah say goodbye to martial FA and heavy BL (the latter class is the most neglected so much so they're gonna do away with it in cabal 2)

regardless of what KR has for updates, we dont know what will make it to NA. im not going to speculate on if itll be dooable in the future because a) what would they do with the current gears? auto change your piece of osm to your class so you cant sell use it on other classes? ... the point being even though the "plastic" armor is being introduced; still got a few questions on how they would possibly change osm to Battle Style-Specific Armor in a retro grade to where it would effect someone character thats already equip'd with heavy armor before the update (strip it off him?)

it would make more sense to introduce it and make it the new drop as it has hp bonus craft, but i dont see how they would go through and change the current osm already equipd, without a boatload of q.q/tickets. i dont think the lack of BL class in cabal 2 has anything to do with cabal 1s changing of osm battle-style specific gear, i thinks its more related to the new grade being introduced, dont know exactly what they accomplish by making osm battle-style specific as opposed to the way it is now.
    Last edited by sn0wXz; 05-04-2011 at 04:32 PM.

Banned
    I heard the Osmium armor that exist now will remain as-is ..amirite

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gary055 View Post
    I heard the Osmium armor that exist now will remain as-is ..amirite
    Are they getting the hp stat too?

Shadow Titanium
    From my thread: http://forum.cabal.com/showthread.ph...ated-by-Chippo

Battle Style-Specific Armor Added
    Bluestin/Titanium/Osmium Battle Style-Specific Armors have been added.
    Battle Style-Specific Armors have an HP option and the HP increases from upgrading.
    The HP option varies among item types.
    Osmium Greaves (WA)
    Warrior Only
    Defense: Defense Rate:
    Warrior Requirement
    STR: INT: DEX:
    Titanium Gauntlets (WA)

TIP: The pre-existing armors can be made Battle Style-Specific by using Formula Cards sold by each town’s Grocer NPC.

My bad for forgetting about this tip. ~.~

Quote Originally Posted by Chippo View Post
    From my thread: http://forum.cabal.com/showthread.ph...ated-by-Chippo

Battle Style-Specific Armor Added
    Bluestin/Titanium/Osmium Battle Style-Specific Armors have been added.
    Battle Style-Specific Armors have an HP option and the HP increases from upgrading.
    The HP option varies among item types.
    Osmium Greaves (WA)
    Warrior Only
    Defense: Defense Rate:
    Warrior Requirement
    STR: INT: DEX:
    Titanium Gauntlets (WA)

TIP: The pre-existing armors can be made Battle Style-Specific by using Formula Cards sold by each town’s Grocer NPC.

My bad for forgetting about this tip. ~.~
    so IF they bring that here, it will be non retroactive? that would make sense i guess, and the hp bonus craft would the the only incentive to change it ..

Sigh... so forcium and mithral are the same thing? ....byebye Mithral battlesuited force shielder, I will miss you....

I guess now the question is Mithral VS osm (since osm is cross-class friendly ...for now?)

Shadow Titanium
    Quote Originally Posted by sn0wXz View Post
    so IF they bring that here, it will be non retroactive? that would make sense i guess, and the hp bonus craft would the the only incentive to change it ..
    Yep, and the hp bonus increases when the armor is upgraded.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast