Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Because i care about you

The debate about religion is an endless one due to there being no concrete proof either way. The place where debate comes in is the likelihood of each argument(due to proving the inexistence of something is nearly impossible). I have a personal belief that anyone who is absolutely certain about a subject that is not provable 100% either way is much too narrow minded to ever be able to be respected in my eyes. Though there is no actual evidence of a god and mountains of evidence against one(by god I am referring to a personal deity that has an impact on the universe that we live in and see). Pretty much all religious texts can be broken down and disproved with logical and rational patterns leaving pretty much only one question to be debated in the end. And that's the origin of not just our universe, but existence in its entirety. The human mind has a problem comprehending the concept of infinity and absence of everything(nothing) so this will most likely be debated till the end of our human existence. The best we as a people can do, is appreciate what we have here, do the best we can to uphold its' integrity and do what we can to create the best possible life for ourselves. For many, religion is a way of coping with reality. Somewhat of a social therapy if you will. It is instinctive of human nature to fear the unknown, so things that we do not yet understand, nor have a full grasp on, and to try to give reason to these things. To believe that there might be something greater than us is respectable, to be certain of this, is not.
    Last edited by Sryinex; 05-14-2011 at 04:14 PM.

- Retired
    - Retired

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sryinex View Post
    The debate about religion is an endless one due to there being no concrete proof either way. The place where debate comes in is the likelihood of each argument(due to proving the inexistence of something is nearly impossible). I have a personal belief that anyone who is absolutely certain about a subject that is not provable 100% either way is much too narrow minded to ever be able to be respected in my eyes. Though there is no actual evidence of a god and mountains of evidence against one(by god I am referring to a personal deity that has an impact on the universe that we live in and see). Pretty much all religious texts can be broken down and disproved with logical and rational patterns leaving pretty much only one question to be debated in the end. And that's the origin of not just our universe, but existence in its entirety. The human mind has a problem comprehending the concept of infinity and absence of everything(nothing) so this will most likely be debated till the end of our human existence. The best we as a people can do, is appreciate what we have here, do the best we can to uphold its' integrity and do what we can to create the best possible life for ourselves. For many, religion is a way of coping with reality. Somewhat of a social therapy if you will. It is instinctive of human nature to fear the unknown, so things that we do not yet understand, nor have a full grasp on, and to try to give reason to these things. To believe that there might be something greater than us is respectable, to be certain of this, is not.
    I have to respectfully disagree,modern religion can easily be disproven just by studying history,primarily the pre-roman time period,dozens of deities have been spawned by the ego of man to justify self-importance and nurture psychosis.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastan View Post
    I have to respectfully disagree,modern religion can easily be disproven just by studying history,primarily the pre-roman time period,dozens of deities have been spawned by the ego of man to justify self-importance and nurture psychosis.
    I don't think you understood what I meant. I stated in there that every religious text can be broken down and disproven. Meaning, the historical and factual evidence can be debunked. What I'm referring to that is uncertain is the existence of a greater being(however you want to call it, a god, a deity, aliens, whatever) that is not tied to a specific religion since religion is man-made. You cannot prove the non-existence of something, regardless of the fact that there is zero evidence for it. We are in agreement in the fact that all religions are false in their claims. I'm basically referring to the fact that world religions claim something that is not possible to be known yet(should be an instant red flag for people).

Also, a lot of the reason why athiests, agnostics, and others with similar views see religion as a major problem is the fact that it is hindering the minds of our children. Kids who grow up in homes that are deeply religious are not exposed to the world as it is, but only to how their parents view it to be. I currently live in the south and I see this every day. It saddens me, and creates a strong sense of frustration when religous people choose to ignore huge scientific breakthroughs and other scientific evidence strictly because it is non-conforming to their world-view. The same should go for athiests alike. Hypothetically, if there were to be some sort of scientific evidence to support a deistic entity in the future, all peoples should be open to it, and not instantly dismiss it.

I also think it should be illegal for -any- schools to teach creationism as fact(and also teach evolution as a lie). But that's for a different debate.

tl;dr We agree Rastan.

- Retired
    - Retired

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Genso View Post
    enjoy hell btw.
    This right here is the definition of religion and ego,this person thinks they're so special that after they die that they're going to a magical place of eternal bliss with everything that they want will come true....naivety defined imo.

But he won't go there,not because he breaks the first commandment every time he prays to jesus,but because it never existed to begin with,like all previous religions that existed before christianity,they too had a magical place where you went when you died...valhalla for example,easily accessible as long as you die in battle defending your king.

Get over yourself,you are not important,just 1 human being out of the current 6 billion+ already on earth and the hunderds of billions that already decomposed into the earth.

We agree Rastan.
    my bad,I just saw "religion can't be disproven"
    Last edited by Rastan; 05-14-2011 at 05:00 PM.

tl;dr

tbh I am okay with saying I NEED GOD and not just to "cope with reality" k? got it?

im sick of these people who use fact and narrow minded carnal thinking. you won't understand that the Lord exists if you are thinking like that and for the most part you guys are. I dont need to come with my quotes and text pages and cold hard facts, scratch that, i know that God exists cause hes in me and i can feel his presence. enjoy hell btw.
    I really can't tell if you're a troll, but I'll respond to you this once.

It's deeply ironic that you would preach against narrow-minded thinking when, in fact, it is you who are wearing blinders when it comes to reality. There are no "cold, hard facts". This is one of the prime reasons why christianity has been so successful, they use fear to incite false-belief. "Believe the way I do, regardless of the mountains of evidence against it, or YOU WILL BURN IN HELL FOR THE REST OF ETERNITY!" Also known as, "DO NOT USE THE BRAIN GOD GAVE YOU OR GO TO HELL!" This, also should be an instant red-flag to any potential theists. Also, you know, in science we have a thing called brain surgery. If you poke the brain enough it will change who you are. What makes you, you, is inside your brain. Ever heard of trans-orbital lobotomies? I doubt you'll "know the lord is inside you" when you're a zombie and are unable to organize a single thought. What about the dumpster babies, do they know the lord is inside of them? What about mentally deficient peoples who are also unable to form a complete thought, is the lord inside of them? What about 3rd world tribes that have their own superstitions about rain gods and deities, are they going to hell because they have never been exposed to -your- "truth".

This is the last I will respond to you, if you are a troll then religious topics are easiest to troll so I hope you don't feel like you accomplished anything other than making me write out a paragraph. If that was your goal then congratulations.
    Last edited by Sryinex; 05-14-2011 at 05:05 PM.

- Retired
    - Retired

Banned
    i know that God exists cause hes in me and i can feel his presence.
    yeah,I bet you can

I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥ sapiens bro

Tera- Human Mystic Lv60
    Server- Valley of Titans- (PvP)

Quote Originally Posted by Rastan View Post
    This right here is the definition of religion and ego,this person thinks they're so special that after they die that they're going to a magical place of eternal bliss with everything that they want will come true....naivety defined imo.

But he won't go there,not because he breaks the first commandment every time he prays to jesus,but because it never existed to begin with,like all previous religions that existed before christianity,they too had a magical place where you went when you died...valhalla for example,easily accessible as long as you die in battle defending your king.

Get over yourself,you are not important,just 1 human being out of the current 6 billion+ already on earth and the hunderds of billions that already decomposed into the earth.

my bad,I just saw "religion can't be disproven"
    I salute u ras...You can never win an argument with religious people. Coz as soon as u slap them with facts or show em proof they start throwing these "you are going to hell" words.

Genesis: god created this and that then man and woman...where was these man and women when dinosaurs roam the earth? So much for the "holy bible".
    Last edited by tingtangtoe; 05-14-2011 at 08:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rectumcanal View Post
    arent you a black dude?
    If you're trying to say black ppl dont have religion, you're the most ignorant fool ever.

I really can't tell if you're a troll, but I'll respond to you this once.

It's deeply ironic that you would preach against narrow-minded thinking when, in fact, it is you who are wearing blinders when it comes to reality. There are no "cold, hard facts". This is one of the prime reasons why christianity has been so successful, they use fear to incite false-belief. "Believe the way I do, regardless of the mountains of evidence against it, or YOU WILL BURN IN HELL FOR THE REST OF ETERNITY!" Also known as, "DO NOT USE THE BRAIN GOD GAVE YOU OR GO TO HELL!" This, also should be an instant red-flag to any potential theists. Also, you know, in science we have a thing called brain surgery. If you poke the brain enough it will change who you are. What makes you, you, is inside your brain. Ever heard of trans-orbital lobotomies? I doubt you'll "know the lord is inside you" when you're a zombie and are unable to organize a single thought. What about the dumpster babies, do they know the lord is inside of them? What about mentally deficient peoples who are also unable to form a complete thought, is the lord inside of them? What about 3rd world tribes that have their own superstitions about rain gods and deities, are they going to hell because they have never been exposed to -your- "truth".

This is the last I will respond to you, if you are a troll then religious topics are easiest to troll so I hope you don't feel like you accomplished anything other than making me write out a paragraph. If that was your goal then congratulations.
    Amen to that!!! Oh wait :O..... I mean I agree with you 100%lol....

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast