Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need assistance creating a guide from t4+t5 players

Need assistance creating a guide from t4+t5 players

I'm compiling info, tactics, strategies, and the lot to make a large guide on t4/5 wars. Too many newer players need to learn how to play in these two higher tiers since they're much different. Preferably people that have played 2+ years with older war experience since they know and have seen all the changes over time and know what works best.
    War is the same thing as it used to be, only main difference is that alot of how we used to play it is different and not fun at all (one side wins by large margin almost every war).
    I've already had a couple people give me some info
    I'll add you to the credit list at the start of the guide.

Any info at all is nice, be it whole nation strategies to pointers and tips for certain classes.

Thanks!

--- Valdoroth Kai

Edit: please mail me the info/ tips/ etc. I'm deployed so that is easier for me.
    Last edited by Valdoroth; 05-16-2011 at 08:34 AM.

This page has had 35,723 visits (Retired)
    My FB Guide
    Contact me for anything for the wiki: [email protected]

Banned
    use teamwork or lose.....

/guidecreated

need builders to win, but having builders doesnt guarantee a "win"- applies to t4 where no one will build nowadays least on proc side

Quote Originally Posted by Oink View Post
    time on you hands lol?
    I'm current;y deployed. So yes. And I forgot to add: please pm me the info so as to not bog down the general forum. Though I can add from this when I get a chance to check it. my internet is slow here in Iraq so i takes longer to check through the forums than my inbox.

This page has had 35,723 visits (Retired)
    My FB Guide
    Contact me for anything for the wiki: [email protected]

T4/5 players shouldnt need "guides". they should already know how to war by the time they reach these tiers.

"Give me 3 wishes, I wish, I wish, I wish you would b****"

Quote Originally Posted by Matiel View Post
    1] brolic is right. 2] nobody uses teamwork anymore, everyone is selfish in the race to see who can get the highest points. 3] people need to build, thats the ultimate cause of loss nowadays it seems.
    +1

Though there are times when you don't even need to build if the opponent is fooling around/too weak. I've seen a number of wars in T5 where the opposing nation got crushed and not one tower was built by the winning nation.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludacris View Post
    T4/5 players shouldnt need "guides". they should already know how to war by the time they reach these tiers.
    Keyword "SHOULD." You know how many people go to t4/5 and don't even know how to make a tower on a base? How many people just take whatever base is next and hope they win that way. Or take so long at small bases that when the other nation has most of the map already, they just spawn at base and go take MORE small bases.
    Yeah hi, we just had some noob in T5 post about a "hacking WA" with "SOD" debuff. He thought a lag glitch was a "hack"....IN T5!
    There are so many people in higher tiers that STILL don't know how to war it's ridiculously sad. Tier 4 procs are so bad, that they had a global that thinks alpha and omega are "the most important bases in war" as a bringer.
    You really think if we didn't have this problem Val would be offering to do something like this?
    I blame this problem on the lower tiers being called. Most lower tier wars are just one sided called games (especially thanks to farmers), so newer players never learn how to war and don't know what to do in a tier where not all the wars are called.

The Lady has Spoken

war war war, only way ppl are going to learn is through experience, not some guide.

Shadow Titanium
    A balance of pushing, building, scouting, defending, distracting, and communicating often determines a war's outcome.

1. Pushing
    This part is what everyone likes to do, but many players start with no solid plan and split up trying to capture as many bases as they can first.
    A more seasoned approach to this would be: pick one or two medium bases or a large one and swarm it with full force.

2. Building
    In order to ensure a steady and swift flow of reinforcements, one must start building a Resurrection Tower asap.
    Make sure a couple of party members of the builder stays with the builder in case the other side's scouts find the builder.

3. Scouting
    Any class could be a scout, but a wiz is the best choice because of the high mobility.
    Consistently interrupt the other side's builder or builders until your side's bases have been established.

4. Defending
    Keep in mind where key rez's or warps are located and defend those.
    Repair any damaged towers by selecting one and pressing R. (R key is the default repair button.)

5. Distracting
    When the war is any side's game, send a couple of decoys to enemy's empty areas, such as their ensign or bases without rez towers.
    Also keep trying to take down the other side's rez towers to reduce its number of reinforcements.

6. Communicating
    Check the war map (press M or hold Tab key) regularly, at least every 5 seconds at the most.
    Notify your side to ignore decoys and help defend or push.

These are all I can think of for now. :P
    Last edited by Chippo; 05-16-2011 at 12:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Unsanctified View Post
    brolic who taught u how to record so good :O
    i learned through experience

Quote Originally Posted by Chippo View Post
    A balance of pushing, building, scouting, defending, distracting, and communicating often determines a war's outcome.

1. Pushing
    This part is what everyone likes to do, but many players start with no solid plan and split up trying to capture as many bases as they can first.
    A more seasoned approach to this would be: pick one or two medium bases or a large one and swarm it with full force.

2. Building
    In order to ensure a steady and swift flow of reinforcements, one must start building a Resurrection Tower asap.
    Make sure a couple of party members of the builder stays with builder in case the opponent scouts find the builder.

3. Scouting
    Any class could be a scout, but a wiz is the best choice because of the high mobility.
    Consistently interrupt the other side's builder or builders until your side's bases have been established.

4. Defending
    Keep in mind where key rez's or warps are located and defend those.
    Repair any damage towers by selecting one and pressing R. (R) key is the default repair button.

5. Distracting
    When the war is any side's game, send a couple of decoys to enemy's empty areas, such as their ensign or bases without rez towers.
    Also keep trying to take down the other side's rez towers to reduce its number of reinforcements.

6. Communicating
    Check the war map (press M or hold Tab key) regularly, at least every 5 seconds at the most.
    Notify your side to ignore decoys and help defend or push.

These are all I can think of for now. :P
    when u have 6v6s in t5, none of that is really needed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast