Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 77

Thread: Val's T4/T5 compiled Guide(updates will be made)

  1. #11
    Drei Valdoroth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Guild: Seireitei
    Posts
    3,798
    Quote Originally Posted by Corrupt View Post
    I disagree with the map saying what you should build and where. Imo you should have a res at every point on every base. So that's 52 res's. If you can't win with 52 res's then I don't know what to say.
    If you can't protect even 1 res, why should you build 2 more? Warps are extremely useful for traveling across the map, just underused. Debuff towers aid in killing faster or dieing slower. (in game files are some icons for SP towers, both buff and debuff. too bad those don't exist. :P)

    This page has had 35,723 visits (Retired)
    My FB Guide
    Contact me for anything for the wiki: valdorothkai@gmail.com

  2. #12
    Shadow Titanium
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    457
    Just have one or two spies on the other side and start building nonsense thing on their panel (use point) until all is fill. This is a spy tactic, easy to get point easy to limit their builder ^^

  3. #13
    Shadow Titanium SilentM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    484
    I disagree with your tower map. As a builder, (and having been a dedicated builder since old T1) I have some different opinions as to what to build where. S bases should not be littered with useless support towers. They're small bases after all, meaning the support towers on them do little to nothing anyway. The old system of building up small bases used to be s7 res, s6 warp, s5 res. The reason for s7 res was to have a res up at the very beginning of war that served as a slight boost for anyone dying on the initial rush. War isn't like that anymore, and in t4 the general res recommendation goes s6/n12 res in beginning of war. Then, in a farming or called war, when either cap or proc has captured bases up to S or N, build res at first n11/s5 and then n1/s7.

    Second, Home base SHOULD NEVER have just ONE res. EVER. ESPECIALLY when it comes to T4. ALWAYS make a second res on the bottom and add any type of support tower that helps defend against intruders trying to take ensign (never the same ones though).

    Third, there should be a res on every base and at least two resses on every big base. A warp built on every big base and a warp especially on w8 and e2 in the places you said.
    Come to think of it, Center can have three resses. The initial res on the w9 or e3 side (depends on if you're cap or proc). The second res at w8/e2 side for extra support, and then the third one for pushing the opposite side's e2 or w8 base. Especially when a war is based around claiming center, it's important to fortify it with those three resses and a support tower next to each res.
    Resses are usually more important than support towers. Again, a long time ago warps would be built on every base just like resses (this was unnecessary), but many people don't understand the use of warps anymore. It's easier to tell someone to build a res than to explain to them why and where they should build a warp. Not to mention, building a res is harder nowadays with res hunters, so taking the time to build a warp instead of a res is a waste of time that causes casualties.
    I don't agree with two resses on a medium base unless the specific war calls for it, but generally, I build Res > Attack Down> HP Down. It's important that noobs never build two of the same tower next to each other.
    Also, recommending which support tower to place where is subject to change and debate depending on the specific war. Again, I use downs on medium bases because of res hunters. I'll usually make attack up, defense up, Heal towers with portable FTs next to a res builder or during base push.

    I was going to PM you this info but got caught up with other things. Didn't know you were already going to put out this guide.


    Edit: Most people use the normal skin, which means light colored fonts are unreadable to them. Try making the brightly colored fonts bold instead? =3
    It's a really good guide btw!

    Oh yeah and I see someone mentioned Alpha and Omega strat (mainly speaking from T5 experience).
    I think you should touch on alpha and omega but to mention that depending on the tier, it is hard to maintain two opposite sides of the map.
    Unless it's a one sided war, trying to keep up with two sides of the map can fail miserably and cause a big struggle.
    Also, it is true that small wars have a different dynamic than big wars.
    From what I've experienced, small wars can be highly unpredictable and anything goes.
    The guide has already mentioned that as a rule of thumb medium>large>small. Though, in smaller wars (10 or less) taking small bases can be beneficial for legacies and large bases are skipped. Meaning it's about taking control of the most small and medium bases. However, I have seen wars where one side takes alpha or omega and stops the other at smalls, and controls the war just by doing that. But, I dont think the guide should go into specific strategies, just general knowledge for players that don't otherwise understand how to war.
    Last edited by SilentM; 05-22-2011 at 09:07 PM.
    The Lady has Spoken


  4. #14
    Drei Valdoroth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Guild: Seireitei
    Posts
    3,798
    Quote Originally Posted by SeventhSon View Post
    Some1 has too much spared time huh?
    I've already told you once that I'm deployed. Of course I have alot of free time. Go read up on Operation New Dawn. It's what I'm a part of.
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentM View Post
    I disagree with your tower map. As a builder, (and having been a dedicated builder since old T1) I have some different opinions as to what to build where. S bases should not be littered with useless support towers. They're small bases after all, meaning the support towers on them do little to nothing anyway. The old system of building up small bases used to be s7 res, s6 warp, s5 res. The reason for s7 res was to have a res up at the very beginning of war that served as a slight boost for anyone dying on the initial rush. War isn't like that anymore, and in t4 the general res recommendation goes s6/n12 res in beginning of war. Then, in a farming or called war, when either cap or proc has captured bases up to S or N, build res at first n11/s5 and then n1/s7.

    Second, Home base SHOULD NEVER have just ONE res. EVER. ESPECIALLY when it comes to T4. ALWAYS make a second res on the bottom and add any type of support tower that helps defend against intruders trying to take ensign (never the same ones though).

    Third, there should be a res on every base and at least two resses on every big base. A warp built on every big base and a warp especially on w8 and e2 in the places you said.
    Come to think of it, Center can have three resses. The initial res on the w9 or e3 side (depends on if you're cap or proc). The second res at w8/e2 side for extra support, and then the third one for pushing the opposite side's e2 or w8 base. Especially when a war is based around claiming center, it's important to fortify it with those three resses and a support tower next to each res.
    Resses are usually more important than support towers. Again, a long time ago warps would be built on every base just like resses (this was unnecessary), but many people don't understand the use of warps anymore. It's easier to tell someone to build a res than to explain to them why and where they should build a warp. Not to mention, building a res is harder nowadays with res hunters, so taking the time to build a warp instead of a res is a waste of time that causes casualties.
    I don't agree with two resses on a medium base unless the specific war calls for it, but generally, I build Res > Attack Down> HP Down. It's important that noobs never build two of the same tower next to each other.
    Also, recommending which support tower to place where is subject to change and debate depending on the specific war. Again, I use downs on medium bases because of res hunters. I'll usually make attack up, defense up, Heal towers with portable FTs next to a res builder or during base push.

    I was going to PM you this info but got caught up with other things. Didn't know you were already going to put out this guide.


    Edit: Most people use the normal skin, which means light colored fonts are unreadable to them. Try making the brightly colored fonts bold instead? =3
    It's a really good guide btw!

    Oh yeah and I see someone mentioned Alpha and Omega strat (mainly speaking from T5 experience).
    I think you should touch on alpha and omega but to mention that depending on the tier, it is hard to maintain two opposite sides of the map.
    Unless it's a one sided war, trying to keep up with two sides of the map can fail miserably and cause a big struggle.
    Also, it is true that small wars have a different dynamic than big wars.
    From what I've experienced, small wars can be highly unpredictable and anything goes.
    The guide has already mentioned that as a rule of thumb medium>large>small. Though, in smaller wars (10 or less) taking small bases can be beneficial for legacies and large bases are skipped. Meaning it's about taking control of the most small and medium bases. However, I have seen wars where one side takes alpha or omega and stops the other at smalls, and controls the war just by doing that. But, I dont think the guide should go into specific strategies, just general knowledge for players that don't otherwise understand how to war.
    Yes you make some good points, but with small bases it's sorta a toss up. You don't need res at small if you have a medium nearby. And you also have to keep in mind how much faster it is to kill a small base than a medium, so a res won't last as long. The building pic was not originally my design, i just created an actual image of it. Some of it is good, and most the res/ warp locations are good.
    Don't under value support towers. A small is like +/- 40 def/ 50atk/ etc which is basically like wearing another epaulet +7 without the amp. If the average amp of all players is 30% then they'll lose 15 atk + the 50 from a small tower (65 total). A large makes them lose about 130.

    AS for individual tactics, I plan to get input/ ideas to add more. It's to kinda standardize ppl so they don't go off random solo because they have a general idea of where the fight is going on.

    This page has had 35,723 visits (Retired)
    My FB Guide
    Contact me for anything for the wiki: valdorothkai@gmail.com

  5. #15
    Shadow Titanium SilentM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    484
    Quote Originally Posted by Valdoroth View Post
    I've already told you once that I'm deployed. Of course I have alot of free time. Go read up on Operation New Dawn. It's what I'm a part of.

    Yes you make some good points, but with small bases it's sorta a toss up. You don't need res at small if you have a medium nearby. And you also have to keep in mind how much faster it is to kill a small base than a medium, so a res won't last as long. The building pic was not originally my design, i just created an actual image of it. Some of it is good, and most the res/ warp locations are good.
    Don't under value support towers. A small is like +/- 40 def/ 50atk/ etc which is basically like wearing another epaulet +7 without the amp. If the average amp of all players is 30% then they'll lose 15 atk + the 50 from a small tower (65 total). A large makes them lose about 130.

    AS for individual tactics, I plan to get input/ ideas to add more. It's to kinda standardize ppl so they don't go off random solo because they have a general idea of where the fight is going on.
    That's exactly the point, small bases get taken easily, so the type of tower on them, in a way, does not matter. If it's not being defended, it's going to get taken regardless if a support tower is on it or not. If it is defended, killing or not killing the few flies trying to take it is not that big of a deal.
    However, the reason why certain small bases need resses is for pushing purposes. S5 used to be an ideal res location for taking omega and like I said, in current t4, n12/s6 is a res location because it serves as the first res that isn't in home base. It's also easy to make because most res hunters don't hunt there. Meaning, if you haven't been able to make a res at a medium base, you at least have SOME type of res somewhere on the map.
    Making resses on small bases is basically a pushing strategy for certain situations. I really cannot stand when someone has made a support tower on a small base when we're trying to push or really needed a res somewhere close. Let's say one nation pushes the other all the way to small bases and the losing nation is at least trying to push back at small bases (putting up a fight to get more points and not get farmed at least). You can't defend small bases when they have support towers on them because you have to spawn all the way from base. The time it takes to run back from base, you've already lost all the bases. What you need is a res so that you can push them back. If a support tower is really needed at a small base, then use a portable. They are perfect for an extra boost, especially because they can be placed anywhere. Towers on a base aren't as flexible though, once someone builds a tower on a base, it can't be undone. So if you needed a res there, oh well it's too late now.
    The Lady has Spoken


  6. #16
    Shadow Titanium zhuai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    252
    Quote Originally Posted by blackberry View Post
    Couple things you should add:

    If you are about to die with Leg's - relog
    If you get rooted - relog
    If you see Bumba - relog
    Good tip XD
    Sometimes when I get rooted I automatically dc. Sometimes I also get invisible root that doesn't go away! is this an fb advantage that we should be aware of ?

  7. #17
    Drei Valdoroth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Guild: Seireitei
    Posts
    3,798
    Quote Originally Posted by Matiel View Post
    very good guide val. nuttin else really much to it then to describe super specific strategies, but that would ruin the fun of making your own for the war ^^. this guide is what nations need but unfortunetely everyone only cares about themselves for points just so they can shout to every channel and get pwned with their title stats anyways...good luck with ur military stuff too
    Thanks Mat. It's going well here in this desert
    Quote Originally Posted by blackberry View Post
    Couple things you should add:

    If you are about to die with Leg's - relog
    If you get rooted - relog
    If you see Bumba - relog
    Bleck, leg i can see, but root meh, I suppose only if you have a relatively fast connection, but then again you shouldn't be alone when rooted.
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentM View Post
    That's exactly the point, small bases get taken easily, so the type of tower on them, in a way, does not matter. If it's not being defended, it's going to get taken regardless if a support tower is on it or not. If it is defended, killing or not killing the few flies trying to take it is not that big of a deal.
    However, the reason why certain small bases need resses is for pushing purposes. S5 used to be an ideal res location for taking omega and like I said, in current t4, n12/s6 is a res location because it serves as the first res that isn't in home base. It's also easy to make because most res hunters don't hunt there. Meaning, if you haven't been able to make a res at a medium base, you at least have SOME type of res somewhere on the map.
    Making resses on small bases is basically a pushing strategy for certain situations. I really cannot stand when someone has made a support tower on a small base when we're trying to push or really needed a res somewhere close. Let's say one nation pushes the other all the way to small bases and the losing nation is at least trying to push back at small bases (putting up a fight to get more points and not get farmed at least). You can't defend small bases when they have support towers on them because you have to spawn all the way from base. The time it takes to run back from base, you've already lost all the bases. What you need is a res so that you can push them back. If a support tower is really needed at a small base, then use a portable. They are perfect for an extra boost, especially because they can be placed anywhere. Towers on a base aren't as flexible though, once someone builds a tower on a base, it can't be undone. So if you needed a res there, oh well it's too late now.
    A. Yes I can understand pushing, and yes that is an instance where you alter building plans (they need to allow you to sell towers)
    B. Portable towers are only 180 seconds, and only should be used during larger fights, not to defend a base if someone is attacking it while the ret of your nation is away.
    C. It's just a guide and I'd say the building map is a recommendation for a winning war more-so than a losing one. I would love to add an alternate map as another guide too. If you want to msg me the locations and stuff I'll add it.
    Quote Originally Posted by zhuai View Post
    Good tip XD
    Sometimes when I get rooted I automatically dc. Sometimes I also get invisible root that doesn't go away! is this an fb advantage that we should be aware of ?
    Yea that happens to me sometimes and i can't even attack. That's a game glitch. It's happened to me with no one near.

    This page has had 35,723 visits (Retired)
    My FB Guide
    Contact me for anything for the wiki: valdorothkai@gmail.com

  8. #18
    Shadow Titanium Slowpoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    345
    u dont get points for killing ensign because when u kill ensign u capture base,


    you will be alone if u are wizard and hunting builders or res >:|



    people dont normally build a support tower on all the smalls...if they do then LOL.
    building attack downs can help slow the enemy team from proceeding, nation war is all about time and power.

    "FA are also healers, but this isn't used in war that often save for themselves in lue of HP pots (not vital potions though)."
    ----you should take this out because you are going to confuse people, we only use mass heal because if we constantly use through war we get 1-2 points :3 other than that you are going to confuse people and next war everyoen will ask me for heals
    Last edited by Slowpoke; 05-24-2011 at 03:15 PM.



  9. #19
    SIGMetal
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,848
    def down and atk ups are pretty useless no matter where u plan to place them. an atk tower does a way better job and is the most overlooked tower in war. u also need way more res than stated on that map, base needs a minimum of 2 and up to 4 if u want it to be decently safe while larges also need a minimum of 2 and up to 3. taking out a rez takes less than 15-20sec and no matter how many support towers u have there u wont save it unless u have a decent amount of people there defending.

    war is all about saving yourself time while wasting your opponents time. ive written a guide about it during ogp but its prolly long gone.

  10. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    54
    I quite disagree on the 2-4 res on the battlefield, there's a warp in main base has any one notice that? each nation start with a res and warp, realize how many people don't usually attack warps that are placed on the battlefield? its quite an advantage to the strategy because it allows you to warp anywhere there's a warp portal and less likely have I seen any nation willing to spend their time hitting one.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •