Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heping to understand when you are about to get scam

Heping to understand when you are about to get scam

Hi guys i was talking to some new players in game and they were asking this.

How Do I Know When Someone is A Scammer?
    How To Know That Iam About To Get Scam?
    What are The Signals?
    What Can I do to Be Safe?

Anyone got comment?

If you are going to troll Please keep the comment for your self.

Tyty Lets enjoy the game.

Aion Lv 55 chanter/Vaizel
    Cabal Wiz 160 Capella
    Thanks for the Sig MyNameIsRay ^^

Hmm in my experience dealing with scammers (i come form global so, i've dealt with many of them) + what i learned when i got here, u should be really cautious when dealing with someone u don't kno, yet here are some tips that can help u at least a lil bit:

1. Ask around, some scammers have already tried to make the same deal they're offering u to someone else
    2. Pay close attention to the conditions of the deal, if it's too easy, cheap or sketchy, it's probably a scam
    3. Try to deal with ppl u kno or trust
    4. When buying/selling items, set the gorund terms for the deal, and always ask for the seller to Pshop it for u and viceversa, always pshop items if u're gonna sell.
    5. Scammers are always in a hurry to make the deal, this is so that u don't have time to analyze the situation properly
    6. Learn some keywords if u have to deal with ppl in other language, basic trading terms if u're dealing with non-english speakers
    7. Trust ur wits and guts, if a deal is too good to be true, it most certainly is a scam.

Hope it helps!
    Last edited by Zeon; 05-30-2011 at 06:45 PM.

thnx xD

Nice answers so far ^^ ty all
    i hope there is more ppl with more suggestions to help the new players

Lets keep clean this tread ;]

Cabal Wiz 160 Capella

bump before i go sleep ^^

Cabal Wiz 160 Capella

Banned
    1) scammers can be smarter nowadays . They don't have to be hurrying you but might just act as normal as can be . So always be on your guard.

2) Try to deal with players with a "name" . That is they've been around . You see them in war/hanging around bi entrance pvp .

3) if they EVER ask for your login info , red alert , this person is a scammer . (personal experience lol) Here's what happen , i really wanted to sell my account and quit for good . This guy wanted my login/pw to LOOK at the characters at the character selection screen . I was thinking ... The heck?? .. But he didnt keep insisting . I was the one who WANTED to sell the account / I pmed him / so i was the I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥er .. Luckily i d/c him before he hacked my items .

4) sh it happens . You don't want that to happen to you lol

5) i dont have any further advice because i don't regularly get scammed . God help the person who does . lol

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Hennessy™ View Post
    this threads retarded lol, people shouldn't play mmo's, properly function in society if they can't smell a scam from a mile away'
    It's retarded because you don't want the community well-informed about scammers and how to protect themself ? What you say doesn't help the thread . But of course u could post w.e you want . Just saying ..

Banned
    Obv they don't have a "brain" . Hence why this thread is here lol and u forget there are 14-15 yr olds playing who think the world is unicorns and rainbows . And whose hurt? Only one who made any irrelevant comment was u . No i aint flaming yet lol

this threads retarded lol, people shouldn't play mmo's, properly function in society if they can't smell a scam from a mile away'
    Dont hate please =0 if you dont like the thread just ignore it =0 kk

have a nice day ^^

Cabal Wiz 160 Capella

well-informed? this thread is like "interpersonal relations for dummies" lol, if people don't know how to protect themselves in a game...then imagine them in real life lol? like really what people with brains get scammed these days? you guys seem pretty hurt about my post, you musta been scammed pretty bad, and if you were, you must of deserved it for being so dam.n gullible and not using your senses.
    You can't really say that though, many different mmo's attact different type of people. Also many different people/races have different levels of honesty. Best example is Ragnarok:
    - Oceania (aus/nz) version was extremely trustworthy...
    - Iro (usa) version was so-so....
    - ph (filipino) version on the other hand had disgracefully low levels of honesty.

All the same game, with varying ammounts of scammers. Cabal is no diffferent and a noob will have no idea what type of people will be in this server. I am 24 years old with almost 8 years of mmo experience and even I almost got scammed. (Thank you to the vigilant person on mic who informed everyone that kittykat is cry, die etc).
    <Removed Inappropriate Image>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast