Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: War glitches

Quote Originally Posted by chainlock View Post
    I've had a win even tho we had less bases, we had massive amounts of player kills and it kept our score barely above theirs.
    I highly doubt that could have accounted for the point jump observed in this war, there was just suddenly a jump of around 20k points or more on their side, and we were definitely taking more bases than they were, larger ones too. My screenshot shows you the only bases they took as we were in a typical "take our side then take their side" base trade off (they never took center). Unless you mean to tell me they got...how many kills in the space of a few minutes...2000?

EDIT: Also, there weren't even enough towers to give them that on the map. There were around 5-6 res towers tops on the map at any one time on all the bases that we held. That is 2500-3000 assuming they managed to kill that many in a few minutes.
    Last edited by cadacus_ater; 06-10-2011 at 06:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chainlock View Post
    I've had a win even tho we had less bases, we had massive amounts of player kills and it kept our score barely above theirs.
    You get 10 points for killing players lol

Tera- Human Mystic Lv60
    Server- Valley of Titans- (PvP)

Quote Originally Posted by Ayumi View Post
    Neutral bases.
    What does this have to do with anything?

I already described how the war was going; the only neutral bases were alpha and omega when I, and others, noticed the jump (we took both alpha and omega a little later on; at least one of them, if not both of them, were neutral when we took them). Our base count was ahead of theirs virtually the entire war, after my screen shot was taken, they NEVER had more bases than us and before that, our bases were rather evenly matched, until we took center. And Magicampp's screen shots show what the map looked like at the end; it looked like that for essentially the last half (maybe between last half and last third but it was clear we were utterly dominating the war by bases) of the war!

Shadow Titanium
    did you lose any point-built towers in that war?
    sometimes, massive lag from one user, who gets the last hit on destroying a building could lead to registering points coming from that one tower as stacking points from a ridiculous number of towers destroyed.

a screenshot of the war summary would shed some light to this matter, not a map of showing the base distribution.

this is a war summary from a very laggy war for me. i was on a public wi-fi on my laptop at that time. i got d/c'ed quite frequently. look at the points from Destroy Force Tower. Ctrl+wheel up or + to zoom in ><

screenshot from the 15:00 (eastern) war on mar 3rd 2011 (t4 venus ~.~)
    Last edited by Chippo; 06-11-2011 at 08:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chippo View Post
    did you lose any point-built towers in that war?
    sometimes, massive lag from one user, who gets the last hit on destroying a building could lead to stacking points from a ridiculous number of towers destroyed.

a screenshot of the war summary would shed some light to this matter, not a map of showing the base distribution.
    I was so ticked that i didn't take my customary screen of the war summary...GG lol.

There were a couple people that said in lobby after the war ended that it seemed something was wrong with towers destroyed score on their side...I do have one screen of a comment on that.

There were never enough towers in the entire war to account for that large of a point gain (25k = 50 res towers destroyed).
    Last edited by cadacus_ater; 06-11-2011 at 08:49 AM.

Shadow Titanium
    from now on, make sure point-built towers are protected then. i don't think alz-built towers give points to the opposite side when they are destroyed, do they?

Shadow Titanium
    Quote Originally Posted by cadacus_ater View Post
    There were never enough towers in the entire war to account for that large of a point gain (25k = 50 res towers destroyed).
    the number of towers lost doesn't matter. one lost tower could've done enough damage.

from my laggy war, people claimed that we got the point boost from one tower. i remember destroying a rez alone and i got d/c'ed the moment the tower went down. when i re-connected to the server, people said there were pages filled with "Chippo has received 500 points from destroying enemy Force Tower" in the right-side chat window.

so one laggy capella helped them to win.

from now on, make sure point-built towers are protected then. i don't think alz-built towers give points to the opposite side when they are destroyed, do they?
    I'm not sure, I kinda thought any tower (aside from portables) gave points...can't say that for sure though.

the number of towers lost doesn't matter. one lost tower could've done enough damage.

from my laggy war, people claimed that we got the point boost from one tower. i remember destroying a rez alone and i got d/c'ed the moment the tower went down. when i re-connected to the server, people said there were pages filled with "Chippo has received 500 points from destroying enemy Force Tower" in the right-side chat window.

so one laggy capella helped them to win.
    Yeah, I gathered that's what you were saying, I just mentioned the towers thing for those who might say tower kills accounted for it, when they normally wouldn't. Pretty crazy glitch lol.
    Last edited by cadacus_ater; 06-11-2011 at 12:17 PM.

45k from destroying res DENNGGGG

Tera- Human Mystic Lv60
    Server- Valley of Titans- (PvP)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12