Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IC2 Fire Traps Lvling

IC2 Fire Traps Lvling

The 4th boss in IC2 spawns fire traps which if allowed to accumulate can give lots of exp per hit.

I did this before but not too efficient..

How do you guys do this? Please include the average exp gain (% at xxx lvl)

Wait about 20-30 minutes and you should get exp, i usually gain about 400k-1mil at 13X per mob hit
    "Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revan, and yet you are nothing. In the end you belong to neither the light nor the darkness. You will forever stand alone."

Here's the most effective way I've been able to do it.
    1: pull gnu of fire and fury into the room where the minos spawn directly in front of your spawn (youll probably die after your bm runs out so it saves time running)
    2: wait 15-20 min for him to spawn as many traps as possible (any longer and he wont move off them) but keep in mind that if hes in a corner or in front of the doorway its more difficult to pull him away so try to keep him in the center of the room.
    3: pull him down to the end of the hallway (where the griffins spawn and make sure hes as far as you can get him to the end) if hes not far enough he will follow you back in and you'll damage him too much
    4: kill accumulated fire traps in the room
    5: pull him back into mino room and then kill the traps in the end of the hallway

just keep repeating till the times up and you should do fine. with the last exp event i had 288% exp+ (booster, bb+, 40% bead, max exp and pt exp runes, 100 exp+ from event) i was getting 1 - 4m exp per hit in bm2+aura as a wiz. i went from 147-162 in aprox 48 hours including my daily 8 hour work schedule so id say i did ok. the 170+ that i let leech me gained up to 4 bars per run and around 30 ap or so. feel free to mail me if you have any more questions and ill be happy to answer. ^_^

ps: ic2 is NOT faster than pi exp wise for 170+ the only advantage is that you can 1: get chests while doing it 2: afk for 20-30 min at a time and still get about the same exp per overall time spent in dungeon. hope this helps
    Last edited by AmosMoses; 06-07-2011 at 02:20 PM. Reason: spelling

oh and you may want to take someone with you. i know your 170+ so pulling wont be an issue but you'll need sp and it would be prudent to bring along maybe a fb friend to root the boss or something. good luck

Banned
    well using a BB+ at lvl 170 i get up to 1~2M exp per hit using BM2 and AOS.

i should try it, yet i get half a 10 bars exp from one run at 150 so propbably doing whole dung in less that 2 hours (2 ppl) better exp/drops, yet why not
    ( 0 _ 0)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿ (> _ < )

Didn't they make it so that only one spawn of fire traps appear at a time now? I thought they had lowered them on a previous update since they were being farmed.

Quote Originally Posted by delfina View Post
    Didn't they make it so that only one spawn of fire traps appear at a time now? I thought they had lowered them on a previous update since they were being farmed.
    Traps still work. :P

- Retired
    - Retired

Shadow Titanium
    Quote Originally Posted by AmosMoses View Post
    Here's the most effective way I've been able to do it.
    1: pull gnu of fire and fury into the room where the minos spawn directly in front of your spawn (youll probably die after your bm runs out so it saves time running)
    2: wait 15-20 min for him to spawn as many traps as possible (any longer and he wont move off them) but keep in mind that if hes in a corner or in front of the doorway its more difficult to pull him away so try to keep him in the center of the room.
    3: pull him down to the end of the hallway (where the griffins spawn and make sure hes as far as you can get him to the end) if hes not far enough he will follow you back in and you'll damage him too much
    4: kill accumulated fire traps in the room
    5: pull him back into mino room and then kill the traps in the end of the hallway

just keep repeating till the times up and you should do fine. with the last exp event i had 288% exp+ (booster, bb+, 40% bead, max exp and pt exp runes, 100 exp+ from event) i was getting 1 - 4m exp per hit in bm2+aura as a wiz. i went from 147-162 in aprox 48 hours including my daily 8 hour work schedule so id say i did ok. the 170+ that i let leech me gained up to 4 bars per run and around 30 ap or so. feel free to mail me if you have any more questions and ill be happy to answer. ^_^

ps: ic2 is NOT faster than pi exp wise for 170+ the only advantage is that you can 1: get chests while doing it 2: afk for 20-30 min at a time and still get about the same exp per overall time spent in dungeon. hope this helps
    There are more efficient ways to level at fire traps that allow you to wait an hour for respawns, and still be able to drag the boss so you can kill off all the traps in a given room.

EDIT: Also, if you're in a party with someone you can do IC2, and PI leveling at the same time for optimum experience.
    Last edited by CNJRP; 06-07-2011 at 06:39 PM.
    Venus

its alredy b nerf before

buying lv3 Sword carts and dark disc

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast