Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch

Thread: Question regarding IP blocks/Access restriction

Question regarding IP blocks/Access restriction

Just curious, where can I find a topic regarding IP blocked regions?

I've got a friend in the Dominican Republic who would like to play this game with me as well as someone from PR.

My friend from PR tried and couldn't play which I find odd unless they're using the literal NA for USA and Canada and not including territories of the US (PR being a territory)

Banned

Question.. are they having trouble trying to log in? or u're asking just cuz? Since Cabal went global, i think the IP banning has been lifted from all American regions (south, north and central)...
    Sig: InfiCathi

Quote Originally Posted by SeventhSon View Post
    Tell him to use HotSpotShield, to get an NA IP adn thats it.
    go and try that it doesnt work anymore Lol.

ive tried with someone from southern california and could not log in or view website at all due to ISP problem, when trying to log in with hotspot it gives "IP has been blocked" message, so its useless to suggest that for logging in now jus so u kno

there is plenty of other ones though just more simple and dynamic then hotspotshield.
    (thinking they block the whole hotspot shield servers altogether is what i was saying)
    Last edited by sn0wXz; 06-09-2011 at 12:13 AM.
    wa (unbanned) ||| other wa (r.i.p)
    Bot Mutiny?! ||| wiz (r.i.p.)
    noob WI (r.i.p.) ||| Yuan

Well my friend from PR was unable to log in. I'll have to ask her what the error message she got was.

I have my friend from DR waiting before even giving it a shot just in case it's pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by SeventhSon View Post
    O.O Damit , didnt know Hot Spot wasnt working any longer ... well he can always try using AOL 9.1 ----> http://www.luchoedu.org/descargas/ao...ras-by-dasumo/ (The file has a guide inside with like 10 easy steps, includes images) , just in case you feel like trying , that was the way i used to play cabal back then when it was still NA and not Global, but sicne Hot Spot aint working i m not sure is this is still working ^^
    yea probably, thing is most of the public ones who are passed around forums openly will be blocked once they are used for nefarious (cheating) purposes, so its good to keep them private or send PMs if you really want to give legit players like this one just normal access to server, and not a dirty IP that could result in them being banned wrongfully (although that would be hilarious)
    wa (unbanned) ||| other wa (r.i.p)
    Bot Mutiny?! ||| wiz (r.i.p.)
    noob WI (r.i.p.) ||| Yuan

Well according to my friend from PR she said she was restricted because of her location. So if the IP restriction was supposed to be lifted they messed it up. If not, it'd be nice to know what the restrictions are.
    (I'd rather not have to help troubleshoot vpns, proxies or something else just to have a couple of friends play a single game with me.)