Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: hacker at it right now... ch 16 venus

.......that is all ^^

Quote Originally Posted by sn0wXz View Post
    lmao? the fake magicalstar was defending CD in the guild recruit thread? Lol k..
    Then again you were wrong then because my post never got deleted. So anyways I<3 I<3 Not......
    MagicalStar NA First 190 Cap WI
    zxLunaxz 14X Proc FB
    xMiwako 12x Proc FA
    Guild Master to the 1 and only
    CollateralDamage

Quote Originally Posted by magicalstar View Post
    Then again you were wrong then because my post never got deleted. So anyways I<3 I<3 Not......
    abortion survived. Congratulations!!
    wa (unbanned) ||| other wa (r.i.p)
    Bot Mutiny?! ||| wiz (r.i.p.)
    noob WI (r.i.p.) ||| Yuan

Banned
    snow, go back to being constructive. u of all people should really have something relevant and enlightening to share to this topic; u seem to know all the tricks in this game and are a pesudo-alter-ego of the gm. so is this an inside job?

I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but SEGA sent me an email just the other day about a security breach.

Quote Originally Posted by Sega

As you may be aware, the SEGA Pass system has been offline since yesterday, Thursday 16 June.

Over the last 24 hours we have identified that unauthorised entry was gained to our SEGA Pass database.

We immediately took the appropriate action to protect our consumers’ data and isolate the location of the breach. We have launched an investigation into the extent of the breach of our public systems.

We have identified that a subset of SEGA Pass members emails addresses, dates of birth and encrypted passwords were obtained. To stress, none of the passwords obtained were stored in plain text.

Please note that no personal payment information was stored by SEGA as we use external payment providers, meaning your payment details were not at risk from this intrusion.

If you use the same login information for other websites and/or services as you do for SEGA Pass, you should change that information immediately.

We have also reset your password and all access to SEGA Pass has been temporarily suspended.

Additionally we recommend you please take extra caution if you should receive suspicious emails that ask for personal or sensitive information.

Therefore please do not attempt to login to SEGA Pass at present, we will communicate when the service becomes available.

We sincerely apologise for this incident and regret any inconvenience caused.

We are contacting all our members with these recommendations.
    Last edited by SilentM; 06-22-2011 at 07:01 PM.
    The Lady has Spoken

Dont ruin the thread drew -.-, this topic is not even clear or 100% proven. No need to jump to conclusions.., im going to attempt to construct the scenario for you to understand, it requires elementary learning ability so ill make it short and simple for you. make remote installer -> link/mend to another file then send to victim, or upload labeled as something else, use cabal.com to find id auto refreshes with red text to inform of used IDs, if you have email of that account just use account ID lost section, will show the id cept last 3 letters/digits, use process of elimination to find correct ID, (requires knowledge of what the id is, or could be, same with email)

Then just hope you get lucky with pws with smtp email from the logger.., bout all that the kids who get keylogged have occur to them, subpass is usless because of the OTP reset function so if someone has compromised their own account theres no use in having a sub pass.
    As for inside job i highly doubt anyone believes EST would hack their own playerbase which is already suffering from lack of population, Cash shop revenue ect, Lol...

Someone who steals your account is not going to care about being traced, all ips can be logged and on what accounts they access so theres no point for "anonymity" especially if the items are sold fast and the items are distributed to legit players who have no concern for how the item is obtained.

thats how ive seen it occur personally, but does that have any relevance here? Nope, probably not. If it was a "hacking" issue with the database im sure the people would have already went after the top accounts rather then handful of random accounts.

Thats how i had obtained reborns pass "killer234" and unfortunately for him he used the same pass for all of his emails, and other accounts, so he really screwed himself there; but i mean EST had his back and restored his account shortly after.

then ofcourse member to take plenty of ss' so you can lol afterwards, but thats just one occasion; as for this current "hacking" incident im not at liberty to discuss that, maybe in month or two when things become more clear, but untill EST says "yo bro we dun goofed with server security" your going to have no choice but accept it as the victims fault.. basically what i described is what the GMs officially typed in that other thread ( http://forum.cabal.com/showthread.ph...Party-Programs )

and that was a waste of 5 minutes typing that, as its all been said before how it occurs, everyone is insisting its server security problem, wouldnt apply to being keylogged, but i'd think it would be more mass spread then what it is currently, but given that everyone knows how it happens with keyloggers, you think that would be a problem of the past, but gullible people are gullible...

****tl;dr safe-read mark™****

u dun goofed!!

inb4infraction

Quote Originally Posted by SilentM View Post
    I don't know if this has anything to do with, but SEGA sent me an email just the other day about a security breach.
    No thats what a competent company does when its servers' security/integrity is breached. Why would you think its somehow related to cabal?

abortion survived. Congratulations!!
    Pretty sad your mother thought about it but anyway, your ignorance does not help in this post, so stick to the topic,
    MagicalStar NA First 190 Cap WI
    zxLunaxz 14X Proc FB
    xMiwako 12x Proc FA
    Guild Master to the 1 and only
    CollateralDamage

Quote Originally Posted by magicalstar View Post
    Pretty sad your mother thought about it but anyway, your ignorance does not help in this post, so stick to the topic,
    How can i be sure your the real one now, how can i be sure your forum account has not been compromised?

Im just asking because this thread is 16 pages deep(counting other topics), not much more relevancy possible.

i wouldnt count every page as relevant but muse has 26 pages on his thread alone, which is pretty much the same as this one.
    Last edited by sn0wXz; 06-22-2011 at 07:27 PM.

dbl post. my apologies.

No thats what a competent company does when its servers' security/integrity is breached. Why would you think its somehow related to cabal?
    Well, it shows a recent pattern of game accounts being hacked into for whatever reason. Meaning, there seems to be a person or group of people who are specifically targeting players' accounts over (possibly) a variety of games.

Two, as stated in my email, some information has been stolen, and Sega even urged for that information to be changed on other websites. If other cabal players have had Sega accounts, and their accounts here just happen to have the same info, then hacking into their accounts here would be that much easier (IF this is the case).
    It seems like it doesn't take much to hack into a cabal account. I noticed there's an option to reset locks via the website. Easy much?

The Lady has Spoken

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast