Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: min dmg vs amp

Hybrid View

Shadow Titanium

min dmg vs amp

i remember reading sometime ago that min dmg was better than amp but since back then min dmg was scarce, amp was the way to go. so today i got a 14% min dmg daik with 1 slot is it better than a 14 amp one?

Shadow Titanium
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterChaosX View Post
    i remember reading sometime ago that min dmg was better than amp but since back then min dmg was scarce, amp was the way to go. so today i got a 14% min dmg daik with 1 slot is it better than a 14 amp one?
    I don't know about the default minimum damage % on a fs, but for a blader it's 90%. So I only need 10% minimum damage to make normal attacks 100% effective. Amp is still better in any way. I will look into this more and give a better input.

Shadow Titanium
    well its a daik so its for WA. i think it was like a year ago and i remember Spur (i think) saying that quote about min dmg > amp. i may be wrong though

Shadow Titanium
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterChaosX View Post
    well its a daik so its for WA. i think it was like a year ago and i remember Spur (i think) saying that quote about min dmg > amp. i may be wrong though
    To answer your question of comparing 14% min. dmg and 14% s. amp, let's assume these things: 1000 base attack, 80% default min. dmg, 50% s. amp, and an attack-able target with 0 defence and an infinite amount of hp.

In a worst case scenario (when your attack hits at the lowest min. dmg value):
    With neither option, you would have 1000*0.80*1.50 = 1200 non-crit damage.
    14% min. dmg. would result in 1000*(0.80+0.14)*(1+0.50) = 1410 non-crit damage. (107.5% damage of 80% min. dmg and 64% s.amp)
    14% s. amp would result in 1000*(0.80)*(1+0.50+0.14) = 1312 non-crit damage. (93% damage of 94% min. dmg and 50% s.amp.)

If you have 6% or higher min. dmg with 14% s.amp, you would have the same non-crit damage with 14% min. dmg.

As you can see, if your minimum damage isn't 86% (as a WA) or higher (at least +6% from items), you should raise it to maximize your non-crit damage (+20% min. dmg is needed for a WA). Keep in mind that min. dmg is capped at 100%; so breaking 100% min. dmg would be ineffective.
    Last edited by Chippo; 07-02-2011 at 10:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chippo View Post
    To answer your question of comparing 14% min. dmg and 14% s. amp, let's assume these things: 1000 base attack, 80% default min. dmg, 50% s. amp, and an attack-able target with 0 defence and an infinite amount of hp.

In a worst case scenario (when your attack hits at the lowest min. dmg value):
    With neither option, you would have 1000*0.80*1.50 = 1200 non-crit damage.
    14% min. dmg. would result in 1000*(0.80+0.14)*(1+0.50) = 1410 non-crit damage. (107.5% damage of 80% min. dmg and 64% s.amp)
    14% s. amp would result in 1000*(0.80)*(1+0.50+0.14) = 1312 non-crit damage. (93% damage of 94% min. dmg and 50% s.amp.)

If you have 6% or higher min. dmg with 14% s.amp, you would have the same non-crit damage with 14% min. dmg.

As you can see, if your minimum damage isn't 86% (as a WA) or higher (at least +6% from items), you should raise it to maximize your non-crit damage (+20% min. dmg is needed for a WA). Keep in mind that min. dmg is capped at 100%; so breaking 100% min. dmg would be ineffective.
    Life. You're doing it wrong.

Anyone who told you to be yourself, couldn't have given you worse advice.

Shadow Titanium
    This is a 2-year old reply from a kr cabal's gm. There's a difference in damage on monsters or players depending on the position of the damage's origin. Minimum damage +X% option kicks in to reduce this difference. So to make a full use of your attacks, you need to eliminate that difference; have 100% minimum damage.

The default minimum damage values of each class are: WA (80), BL (90), FS (85), and FB (85).
    I assume WI's and FA's do not need minimum damage since Sage bracelets have Additional Damage +X options instead. Minimum damage seems a sword-class exclusive option.

Once you have 100% in minimum damage, you can raise anything from attack, crit rate, crit damage, and amp.
    Last edited by Chippo; 07-02-2011 at 10:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chippo View Post
    This is a 2-year old reply from a kr cabal's gm. There's a difference in damage on monsters or players depending on the position of the damage's origin. Minimum damage +X% option kicks in to reduce this difference. So to make a full use of your attacks, you need to eliminate that difference; have 100% minimum damage.

The default minimum damage values of each class are: WA (80), BL (90), FS (85), and FB (85).
    I assume WI's and FA's do not need minimum damage since Sage bracelets have Additional Damage +X options instead. Minimum damage seems a sword-class exclusive option.

Once you have 100% in minimum damage, you can raise anything from attack, crit rate, crit damage, and amp.
    according to this, WA has 80% by default, bof7s gives 16%=96%. therefore no min dmg is needed on weapons yea?

^^Friend's

FierySagittarius
    Keep Hatin' Noobs, You Are Makin' Me Laugh

Taking All challenges for the Top Venus FA spot, I await your Challenge

Shadow Titanium
    Quote Originally Posted by ForumFiery View Post
    according to this, WA has 80% by default, bof7s gives 16%=96%. therefore no min dmg is needed on weapons yea?
    Right. There's no need to use a min. dmg enchanted weapon. 96% minimum damage is enough. Only weapons, pet slots, and bracelets of fighter have the option.
    Last edited by Chippo; 07-03-2011 at 10:43 PM.

Titanium
    Chippo I like you man/woman for being the best forum contributor ever. Actually if you're name is [GM]Chippo you'll change our idea about GMs at all. Hope you become a GM one day. Hope you keep doing brilliant job. Hope u don't listen to all these disheartening guys. Hope you become the best player ever in Cabal. Hope all appreciate your hard work to clear the dark. Hope I can meet you and thank you face to face.
    (I know some1 will come out with "hope I find a room" but I'll say @*%$ off).
    I appreciate your efforts even if i didn't get benefit from them personally but as always there's some1 like you in game it will still be alive.

oh yes another korean GM. what a great idea herpin.

Anyone who told you to be yourself, couldn't have given you worse advice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast