Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: min dmg vs amp

Shadow Titanium

min dmg vs amp

i remember reading sometime ago that min dmg was better than amp but since back then min dmg was scarce, amp was the way to go. so today i got a 14% min dmg daik with 1 slot is it better than a 14 amp one?

Shadow Titanium
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterChaosX View Post
    i remember reading sometime ago that min dmg was better than amp but since back then min dmg was scarce, amp was the way to go. so today i got a 14% min dmg daik with 1 slot is it better than a 14 amp one?
    I don't know about the default minimum damage % on a fs, but for a blader it's 90%. So I only need 10% minimum damage to make normal attacks 100% effective. Amp is still better in any way. I will look into this more and give a better input.

Shadow Titanium
    well its a daik so its for WA. i think it was like a year ago and i remember Spur (i think) saying that quote about min dmg > amp. i may be wrong though

Shadow Titanium
    This is a 2-year old reply from a kr cabal's gm. There's a difference in damage on monsters or players depending on the position of the damage's origin. Minimum damage +X% option kicks in to reduce this difference. So to make a full use of your attacks, you need to eliminate that difference; have 100% minimum damage.

The default minimum damage values of each class are: WA (80), BL (90), FS (85), and FB (85).
    I assume WI's and FA's do not need minimum damage since Sage bracelets have Additional Damage +X options instead. Minimum damage seems a sword-class exclusive option.

Once you have 100% in minimum damage, you can raise anything from attack, crit rate, crit damage, and amp.
    Last edited by Chippo; 07-02-2011 at 10:18 PM.

Shadow Titanium
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterChaosX View Post
    well its a daik so its for WA. i think it was like a year ago and i remember Spur (i think) saying that quote about min dmg > amp. i may be wrong though
    To answer your question of comparing 14% min. dmg and 14% s. amp, let's assume these things: 1000 base attack, 80% default min. dmg, 50% s. amp, and an attack-able target with 0 defence and an infinite amount of hp.

In a worst case scenario (when your attack hits at the lowest min. dmg value):
    With neither option, you would have 1000*0.80*1.50 = 1200 non-crit damage.
    14% min. dmg. would result in 1000*(0.80+0.14)*(1+0.50) = 1410 non-crit damage. (107.5% damage of 80% min. dmg and 64% s.amp)
    14% s. amp would result in 1000*(0.80)*(1+0.50+0.14) = 1312 non-crit damage. (93% damage of 94% min. dmg and 50% s.amp.)

If you have 6% or higher min. dmg with 14% s.amp, you would have the same non-crit damage with 14% min. dmg.

As you can see, if your minimum damage isn't 86% (as a WA) or higher (at least +6% from items), you should raise it to maximize your non-crit damage (+20% min. dmg is needed for a WA). Keep in mind that min. dmg is capped at 100%; so breaking 100% min. dmg would be ineffective.
    Last edited by Chippo; 07-02-2011 at 10:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chippo View Post
    To answer your question of comparing 14% min. dmg and 14% s. amp, let's assume these things: 1000 base attack, 80% default min. dmg, 50% s. amp, and an attack-able target with 0 defence and an infinite amount of hp.

In a worst case scenario (when your attack hits at the lowest min. dmg value):
    With neither option, you would have 1000*0.80*1.50 = 1200 non-crit damage.
    14% min. dmg. would result in 1000*(0.80+0.14)*(1+0.50) = 1410 non-crit damage. (107.5% damage of 80% min. dmg and 64% s.amp)
    14% s. amp would result in 1000*(0.80)*(1+0.50+0.14) = 1312 non-crit damage. (93% damage of 94% min. dmg and 50% s.amp.)

If you have 6% or higher min. dmg with 14% s.amp, you would have the same non-crit damage with 14% min. dmg.

As you can see, if your minimum damage isn't 86% (as a WA) or higher (at least +6% from items), you should raise it to maximize your non-crit damage (+20% min. dmg is needed for a WA). Keep in mind that min. dmg is capped at 100%; so breaking 100% min. dmg would be ineffective.
    Life. You're doing it wrong.

Anyone who told you to be yourself, couldn't have given you worse advice.

Titanium
    Chippo I like you man/woman for being the best forum contributor ever. Actually if you're name is [GM]Chippo you'll change our idea about GMs at all. Hope you become a GM one day. Hope you keep doing brilliant job. Hope u don't listen to all these disheartening guys. Hope you become the best player ever in Cabal. Hope all appreciate your hard work to clear the dark. Hope I can meet you and thank you face to face.
    (I know some1 will come out with "hope I find a room" but I'll say @*%$ off).
    I appreciate your efforts even if i didn't get benefit from them personally but as always there's some1 like you in game it will still be alive.

oh yes another korean GM. what a great idea herpin.

Anyone who told you to be yourself, couldn't have given you worse advice.

Shadow Titanium
    Quote Originally Posted by Hilal View Post
    Chippo I like you man/woman for being the best forum contributor ever. Actually if you're name is [GM]Chippo you'll change our idea about GMs at all. Hope you become a GM one day. Hope you keep doing brilliant job. Hope u don't listen to all these disheartening guys. Hope you become the best player ever in Cabal. Hope all appreciate your hard work to clear the dark. Hope I can meet you and thank you face to face.
    (I know some1 will come out with "hope I find a room" but I'll say @*%$ off).
    I appreciate your efforts even if i didn't get benefit from them personally but as always there's some1 like you in game it will still be alive.
    Thanks for the praise and I am a man. I would rather remain being an ordinary player and enjoying the game with legitimate and like-minded people.

Quote Originally Posted by deamonreaper View Post
    oh yes another korean GM. what a great idea herpin.
    Oh hi, Jake. Did you run out of alts to use to scam people? Oh wait. You received a warning for alz-buying and hacking, right? Tsk. Tsk. Let me remind you your characters' names, in case you do get banned: deamonreaper (WA), Pinochio (FA), iHitU (BL), BringerZ (WI), LikeABoss (FS) and I don't remember your FB, if you ever made one; you probably did make one, since you are so good at raising alts and finding ways to exploit people. I'm very glad the guild I am in is free of all your characters. Even if you do manage to plant your pathetic alt seedlings, I will find and get rid of them. Do go ahead. I welcome challenges.

You don't even know me. So don't assume I'm Korean because I know the language and culture. South Korea does not allow dual citizenship yet, so as soon as I got my Canadian citizenship, I no longer became Korean. You don't know the feeling of being a foreigner on your own home soil. Do you have something against Koreans? Look at what game forum you are posting in and the origin of the game is.
    Last edited by Chippo; 07-03-2011 at 11:55 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippo View Post
    Thanks for the praise and I am a man. I would rather remain being an ordinary player and enjoying the game with legitimate and like-minded people.

Oh hi, Jake. Did you run out of alts to use to scam people? Oh wait. You received a warning for alz-buying and hacking, right? Tsk. Tsk. Let me remind you your characters' names, in case you do get banned: deamonreaper (WA), Pinochio (FA), iHitU (BL), BringerZ (WI), LikeABoss (FS) and I don't remember your FB, if you ever made one; you probably did make one, since you are so good at raising alts and finding ways to exploit people. I'm very glad the guild I am in is free of all your characters. Even if you do manage to plant your pathetic alt seedlings, I will find and get rid of them. Do go ahead. I welcome challenges.

You don't even know me. So don't assume I'm Korean because I know the language and culture. South Korea does not allow dual citizenship yet, so as soon as I got my Canadian citizenship, I no longer became Korean. You don't know the feeling of being a foreigner on your own home soil. Do you have something against Koreans? Look at what game forum you are posting in and the origin of the game is.

+over 9000

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast